Jason Kenney set to be our saviour................................

Nuggler
Ottawa set to unveil sweeping changes to foreign workers program - The Globe and Mail

Get your hip waders on folks, cause it's a lot of

BULLSH IT !!!!

WindWalker
Quote: Originally Posted by Nuggler View Post

Ottawa set to unveil sweeping changes to foreign workers program - The Globe and Mail

BULLSH IT !!!!

Considering it's coming from government you are probably right. To some degree. However, I think it's better to do something rather than nothing.

Trex
+3
#3  Top Rated Post

BULLSH IT !!!!

When someone howls in rage and anger at routine policy announcements made by the Government of Canada you pretty much define yourself as a full on"Hater".

The Conservative Government of Canada, like previous Governments of all stripes, tends to get some policies right and some wrong.

I happen to think the Harper Government has done an excellent job on the immigration file to date.
Canadian Immigration policies are now vastly improved over the old "barn door wide open" prior policies.

The temporary foreign worker catagory obviously had some loopholes that big business was quick to exploit for motives purely relating to increasing profits.
The Harper Government appears to have recognized that these loopholes may not be in the best interests of local Canadian workers and is closing down the loopholes in question.

Whether you like or dislike the Conservative Government of Canada Jason Kenney has proved himself as a skilled politician and a very capable minister time and time again.
I would suggest he is respected as such on both sides of the house.
I would also suggest he is potential future Prime Minister of Canada material.

darkbeaver
+2
Are you Jason Kenneys mother by any chance?

Nuggler
Quote: Originally Posted by darkbeaver View Post

No, I'd shoot myself.

Quote: Originally Posted by Trex View Post

When someone howls in rage and anger at routine policy announcements made by the Government of Canada you pretty much define yourself as a full on"Hater".

The Conservative Government of Canada, like previous Governments of all stripes, tends to get some policies right and some wrong.

I happen to think the Harper Government has done an excellent job on the immigration file to date.
Canadian Immigration policies are now vastly improved over the old "barn door wide open" prior policies.

The temporary foreign worker catagory obviously had some loopholes that big business was quick to exploit for motives purely relating to increasing profits.
The Harper Government appears to have recognized that these loopholes may not be in the best interests of local Canadian workers and is closing down the loopholes in question.

Whether you like or dislike the Conservative Government of Canada Jason Kenney has proved himself as a skilled politician and a very capable minister time and time again.

Having read your post(s), and given the last one much detailed consideration, and keeping the CC's rules of conduct in mind, I would suggest you get some help when crossing a street. And I mean that in the nicest possible way.

darkbeaver
+1
Give her some slack Nuggler she obviously loves her little boy, look how nice he looks in his suit and he has an impotent job.

Timetrvlr
+1
I'm definitely not a Conservative or a fan of the current Government but I do think they got it right on this one.
Quote:

The government is faced with a difficult set of scales to balance. With chronic or growing job shortages in unskilled, skilled and professional categories, employers are desperate for workers who will allow them to remain in business, or grow.

But a rising number of Canadians suspect that those same employers are taking the easy and cheap route of recruiting foreigners who will do the jobs for less and who can be easily exploited, even as unemployment in Canada remains stubbornly above the 7-per-cent mark.

The reforms – which will also address the question of wage discrepancies between foreign and Canadian workers doing identical jobs – aim to reduce abuse of the system while not shutting off the tap supplying an essential source of workers.

These changes – combined with Employment Insurance reforms that require unemployed workers to travel further and be less choosy in accepting employment, and a Canada Job Grant that encourages employers and federal and provincial governments to jointly fund job-training programs – aim to correct what many see as Canada’s most pressing economic challenge: finding jobs for workers and workers for jobs in an age of chronic labour shortages and high unemployment.

Most of the chronic labour shortages are in Northern areas or areas outside of the big urban centres. For years I've witnessed highly trained people who refuse to leave their urban sanctuaries to take high-paying jobs in the hinterlands. Most prefer to lay back on unemployment or do casual work off the books. So many now view Employment Insurance not as a safety net but as an entitlement that permits them to be choosy in selecting their employment.

Zipperfish

That, I believe, remains to be seen.

tay
+1
There is a lot missing from Kenney's suppose mea culpa to Canadians today.

The policing of this will be done on a honour system by employers. Of course that's because Harper and friends have gutted the Fed watchdog dept's so there's no one to watch the chicken coops except the fox............

Quote:

The Harper government is a nasty piece of work. Its twisted priorities now permeate the Canadian economy. Those priorities are best illustrated by the temporary foreign workers program. Originally established in boom times to help alleviate labour shortages, the Harperites have used the program to cudgel Canadian workers.

Under Stephen Harper’s watch, temporary foreign workers have tripled, from 140,000 to 338,000. The total may be more like 500,000, if you add those who may have gone underground at the end of their temporary visas, plus the refugee claimants and foreign students who have work permits.

This at a time when there are 1.3 million unemployed, a high percentage of them educated young Canadians who are having trouble landing their first job. Also, too many of the 250,000 immigrants that Harper is bringing every year by the normal route cannot find jobs commensurate with the education and skills for which they were selected.

This makes sense only as a policy to depress wages across the board, weaken worker rights and make it easy for businesses that barely look for Canadians to fill vacancies, let alone train new hires. Between 2007 and 2011, nearly a third of all net new jobs were filled with temporary workers.

It is that last sentence which bears repeating: a third of the new jobs created have gone to temporary foreign workers. If you think the Harper government is working for you, think again. Siddiqui writes:

Most temporary foreign workers are not allowed to bring families or apply for permanent immigration status. Many are abused at work. “There are countless harrowing stories from thousands of people facing threats from employers and labour brokers, toiling on poverty wages in unsafe work places and living in horrendous conditions,” says Karl Flecker of Canadian Labour Congress. Given that, most have little commitment to Canada.

Permanent immigrants do. More than 80 per cent become citizens. Even if they don’t do well, their children do and become productive citizens. That’s why our immigration policy has been a successful citizenship policy.

But Jason Kenney, minister of immigration and citizenship, has reduced himself to the role of chief headhunter for businesses.
The Harperites work for Canada's business elite. That's the same business elite which buys clothing from Bangladesh and pays those who make the clothing $38 a month -- before the building burns down or collapses.

Twisted, indeed.

Jason Kenney has become the chief headhunter for business: Siddiqui | Toronto Star

Trex
Quote: Originally Posted by darkbeaver View Post

Even I got a snicker out of that one.

Hows things on the perimeter?
Any smelly Joos infiltrating the neighborhood?
Bilderbergers?
All OK on the tinfoil stockpiles?

Durry

Yes, I agree, Jason is doing a great job in a very difficult Portfolio. Many of the changes that he has made were way past due, but the Libs did nothing in this Portfolio in the thirteen yrs they held power.

Trex
+1

No, I'd shoot myself.

Having read your post(s), and given the last one much detailed consideration, and keeping the CC's rules of conduct in mind, I would suggest you get some help when crossing a street. And I mean that in the nicest possible way.

After spending a few decades crossing the streets of India, Pak, Indonesia, Thailand, China, Russia, the ME sandbox and SA with a few brews under my belt and playing vehicle tag coming home to local Canadian streets is nothing but a total snooze for me.
So no worries there.

If you feel the need to get personally insulting please don't repress on my behalf.
Others certainly don't.

When you put yourself in a box and then politically and instinctually rant and foam at your perceived enemy you come across as a political Pavlov's dog.

All the parties have good and bad points.
A few MLA's and MP's suck, most work pretty hard and a bunch are very hard working.
In all the parties.
I have voted in leadership conventions , door knocked and mail box stuffed and never missed a chance to vote.
If my preferred party of choice offered a rotten MLA or MP then another party would automatically get my vote.
Once as a Fed Conservative I lived in Rob Anders riding, enough said about that.

So what exactly is your huge issue with the Conservative Government of Canada plugging a few loopholes in the immigration act?
Would you prefer they did nothing?
Are you aware that both the Fed Con's and the Fed Lib's have historically allowed in foreign workers over the decades?
Do you hate them both equally for that?
Should they have maintained the Liberal "barn door wide open policy".
Why or why not?
How should we deport foreign illegal immigrant criminals?
Have the Cons done a better job of it the the old Lib government?
How so?

Jonny_C
Seems to me that Kenney has got it pretty much right so far. On his watch there have been a lot of changes and yet the Conservatives still have very good support from new Canadians, something that the Liberals used to have a lock on.

darkbeaver

Even I got a snicker out of that one.

Quote:

Hows things on the perimeter?

Check your inbox we are in the core now.

Quote:

Any smelly Joos infiltrating the neighborhood?

Your fear of Jews is cute.

Quote:

Bilderbergers?

Tucker is dead you know.

Quote:

All OK on the tinfoil stockpiles?

Wish I had some tin, check the commodities.

Always a pleasure to speak with you Trex.

Zipperfish
+3
Quote: Originally Posted by Durry View Post

Yes, I agree, Jason is doing a great job in a very difficult Portfolio. Many of the changes that he has made were way past due, but the Libs did nothing in this Portfolio in the thirteen yrs they held power.

Blaming the LIbs for something that has bugger all to do with them, eight years since they've been in power takes a real special kind of partisan hackery.

Try to post something worth reading.

Nuggler
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by Zipperfish View Post

Blaming the LIbs for something that has bugger all to do with them, eight years since they've been in power takes a real special kind of partisan hackery.

Ain't gonna happen

SLM
+2
Quote: Originally Posted by Zipperfish View Post

Wow, you haven't even seen his Beavis & Butthead impersonation yet.

Nuggler
+1
But, seriously folks:

Jason Kenney is now going to "plug the holes"

He didn't realize there WERE holes.

No, not much.

Typical conbot hand in the cookie jar, woops I'm caught, better fix it, reaction. But he (they) won't. When it dies down it'll be status quo.

There's just TOO MUCH MONEY to be made. Royal bank is at the centre of this latest foofra.

They didn't hire foreign temps, just hired the company that did.

Some Canadians lost, and are probably now losing permanent jobs. But the conbots didn't know.

Now they're going to "plug the holes".

We should all have confidence in our hole plugging conbot government.................not.

No one has yet refuted the fact that the above is true. Lead story for a number of days.

Ah ..................

-----------------------------------------------------

Foreign worker program gets new rules, higher fees - Politics - CBC News

Check out the latest bafflegab by Jason (sweaty little man)

If the Harpoistas are now so concerned about Canadians losing jobs, why not just cancel the shi tty little program !?

Read the comments at the end of the article.

Tell me then, how many streets you have crossed, Trex, you dumbo.