Who Blew Up the Boston Marathon?


View Poll Results: Who blew up the Boston Marathon?
Obama (just for you, Wally) 1 6.67%
The MOOOS-LUMS! 2 13.33%
Left-wing terrorists 1 6.67%
Right-wing terrorists 1 6.67%
Harper 1 6.67%
The banks 1 6.67%
The CIA 1 6.67%
Maggie Thatcher 7 46.67%
Voters: 15. You may not vote on this poll

Tecumsehsbones
#1
So, who did it?
 
Colpy
+1
#2
Quote: Originally Posted by Tecumsehsbones View Post

So, who did it?

I suspect the Baptists.
 
Tecumsehsbones
#3
Damn! Forgot to put that in the poll!
 
WLDB
+2
#4
Quote: Originally Posted by Colpy View Post

I suspect the Baptists.


No. Its always the quiet ones. The Amish must be behind it.
 
darkbeaver
#5
http://www.naturalnews.com/039926_Bo...terrorism.html Bomb squad was running "controlled explosion" on the same day

What's not yet being reported by the mainstream media is that a "controlled explosion" was under way on the same day as the marathon explosion.

As the Boston Globe tweeted today, "Officials: There will be a controlled explosion opposite the library within one minute as part of bomb squad activities."

Some people believe this explosion might have been part of the demolition of another bomb. It seems unlikely, however, that a bomb at the library, one mile away, could be so quickly located and rigged to be exploded by the bomb squad in less than one hour following the initial explosions at the marathon.
 
SLM
+9
#6
Wow, a mocking thread on the same day as the explosion that killed three people was it? That's got to be a new record.
 
Sal
+12
#7  Top Rated Post
I don't know but my guy is safe and on his way home after only minor hysterics from me.
 
karrie
+7
#8
The perpetrators don't deserve our attention.

My cousin was a block away when the blasts occurred. That has our family frazzled enough. I can't even fathom what the families of the actual victims are going through. They're the ones who deserve the public's attention and focus. The criminals should be rounded up quietly behind the scenes, and their moronic, twisted reasons for doing this should never see the light of day.
 
Cannuck
#9
Quote: Originally Posted by darkbeaver View Post

Boston marathon bombing happened on same day as 'controlled explosion' drill by Boston bomb squad Bomb squad was running "controlled explosion" on the same day

What's not yet being reported by the mainstream media is that a "controlled explosion" was under way on the same day as the marathon explosion.

As the Boston Globe tweeted today, "Officials: There will be a controlled explosion opposite the library within one minute as part of bomb squad activities."

Some people believe this explosion might have been part of the demolition of another bomb. It seems unlikely, however, that a bomb at the library, one mile away, could be so quickly located and rigged to be exploded by the bomb squad in less than one hour following the initial explosions at the marathon.

I knew it wouldn't be long before the nutjobs and wackos poked their heads out of their holes. Where exactly was Dubya during all this?
 
Tecumsehsbones
#10
Quote: Originally Posted by SLM View Post

Wow, a mocking thread on the same day as the explosion that killed three people was it? That's got to be a new record.

I'm a bleeding-edge kinda guy.
 
SLM
+3
#11
Quote: Originally Posted by Tecumsehsbones View Post

I'm a bleeding-edge kinda guy.

One might also use the term 'tactless'.
 
Tecumsehsbones
#12
OK, I'm a tactless, bleeding-edge kinda guy.
 
Goober
#13
Quote: Originally Posted by Tecumsehsbones View Post

OK, I'm a tactless, bleeding-edge kinda guy.

Would you be that same way if it was someone you knew such as a close friend that was killed?
 
Tecumsehsbones
#14
Quote: Originally Posted by Goober View Post

Would you be that same way if it was someone you knew such as a close friend that was killed?

Coupla friends of mine were killed in the Pentagon.

Are you saying I owe the same duty of concern to complete strangers as I do to my close friends?

If so, do you adhere to that standard yourself?
 
SLM
+1
#15
Quote: Originally Posted by Goober View Post

Would you be that same way if it was someone you knew such as a close friend that was killed?

Why would you think that? Just because a few people died bloody and several more are still in critical condition and he's making a joke out of it?

Ah, true colours shine through eventually don't they?
 
Tecumsehsbones
+2
#16
Guess what? A couple of million people are killed each day in this world. And you don't give a rap about the vast majority of them.

So enjoy your moral superiority.
 
CDNBear
+6
#17
Quote: Originally Posted by Tecumsehsbones View Post

Are you saying I owe the same duty of concern to complete strangers as I do to my close friends?

If so, do you adhere to that standard yourself?

Yes and yes.

The world would be a much better place if people weren't so self centered.
 
Goober
+2
#18
Quote: Originally Posted by Tecumsehsbones View Post

Guess what? A couple of million people are killed each day in this world. And you don't give a rap about the vast majority of them.

So enjoy your moral superiority.

No I am far from morally superior. Myself I am incredibly average in everything.
I do recall you mentioning you were a Veteran and black or gallows humor does go hand in hand with that profession.
 
darkbeaver
+1
#19
Quote: Originally Posted by karrie View Post

The perpetrators don't deserve our attention.

My cousin was a block away when the blasts occurred. That has our family frazzled enough. I can't even fathom what the families of the actual victims are going through. They're the ones who deserve the public's attention and focus. The criminals should be rounded up quietly behind the scenes, and their moronic, twisted reasons for doing this should never see the light of day.

They sure as hell do if you don't want to see this again and I know you don't. The criminals should be exposed in the withering light.

Quote: Originally Posted by Cannuck View Post

I knew it wouldn't be long before the nutjobs and wackos poked their heads out of their holes. Where exactly was Dubya during all this?

You are more than a decade off the pace there Cansuck.
 
Tecumsehsbones
+4
#20
Quote: Originally Posted by Goober View Post

No I am far from morally superior. Myself I am incredibly average in everything.
I do recall you mentioning you were a Veteran and black or gallows humor does go hand in hand with that profession.

Got blown up, too. Lost friends in the Pentagon. Watched from my office window as the plume of smoke rose from the Pentagon. Spent hours trying to get home on the subway.

Yep, black humour has a long and honourable tradition. After a particularly horrific night during the Blitz, one of the London dailies led with the headline "Temper, Temper, Mr. Hitler."

Guts.
 
WLDB
+2
#21
Quote: Originally Posted by Goober View Post

Would you be that same way if it was someone you knew such as a close friend that was killed?


I actually might be able to. Ive done it before for a natural death. I have a fairly dark sense of humour and I know the dead guy wouldnt have minded. He had a great sense of humour. Id also be totally fine with people making jokes about me if I was dying or dead.
 
karrie
+1
#22
Quote: Originally Posted by darkbeaver View Post

They sure as hell do if you don't want to see this again and I know you don't. The criminals should be exposed in the withering light.

They should be exposed to the judicial system. But I really wish media would spend less time focused on them, and more on the families.
 
Tonington
+5
#23
Quote: Originally Posted by karrie View Post

They should be exposed to the judicial system. But I really wish media would spend less time focused on them, and more on the families.

And those helping out in the aftermath. People travel to these marathons from all over the world, there's sure to be some selfless folk who stay to help the victims and community.
 
Goober
+2
#24
Quote: Originally Posted by karrie View Post

They should be exposed to the judicial system. But I really wish media would spend less time focused on them, and more on the families.

That is not what the paying public wants.
 
Retired_Can_Soldier
+2
#25
Quote: Originally Posted by karrie View Post

The perpetrators don't deserve our attention.

My cousin was a block away when the blasts occurred. That has our family frazzled enough. I can't even fathom what the families of the actual victims are going through. They're the ones who deserve the public's attention and focus.

Perhaps news media should not treat such stories like this as a major media event like the Superbowl and treat as it really is. The news..

Quote:

The criminals should be rounded up quietly behind the scenes, and their moronic, twisted reasons for doing this should never see the light of day.

I disagree. When we do things behind the scenes and suppress information we are in effect skirting the justice system and our belief that everyone is presumed innocent until proved guilty.
 
WLDB
#26
Quote: Originally Posted by karrie View Post

They should be exposed to the judicial system. But I really wish media would spend less time focused on them, and more on the families.

I dont know if thatd be any better. If a friend or relative of mine died the last thing id want to deal with is the press, reporters and the like.
 
Liberalman
+1
#27
It is disgusting and terrible that two bombs exploded on the Boston Marathon on the American holiday Patriots day. Since it’s Timothy McVeigh’s anniversary and there was a special on it on TV this past weekend means there is a good chance it is home grown terrorists but with the history of the Americans they will blame it on the North Koreans just so they can invade them and we have to remember that North Korea declared war on America a couple of weeks ago. I really hope level heads prevail and they get the real people behind this catastrophic event and make them pay for their part in it.
.
.
 
Cannuck
#28
Quote: Originally Posted by Tecumsehsbones View Post

Guess what? A couple of million people are killed each day in this world. And you don't give a rap about the vast majority of them.

So enjoy your moral superiority.

Some people like to pretend that they care. Of course, if they truly did, they would turn off their computer and go do something about it.

Quote: Originally Posted by darkbeaver View Post

Cansuck.

I find grade six humour hilarious on an adult forum.
 
Goober
#29
Quote: Originally Posted by Cannuck View Post

Some people like to pretend that they care. Of course, if they truly did, they would turn off their computer and go do something about it.

What would you suggest?
 
Cannuck
#30
Quote: Originally Posted by Goober View Post

What would you suggest?

Don't be silly. There are literally thousands of organizations to volunteer for....if one truly cared.
 

Similar Threads

3
Boston Marathon Blasts
by karrie | Apr 15th, 2013
3
Mint blew $1.4M searching for lost gold
by Francis2004 | Feb 25th, 2010
8
19 Years Ago Chernobyl Blew Up
by mrmom2 | Apr 20th, 2005