Would you fly in a 737 Max 8 right now?


petros
+1
#91
Quote: Originally Posted by Kreskin View Post

I haven't been the same since a 1988 flight into a thunderstorm in Edmonton. I thought we were going down, and the way the pilot apologized after landing I'm convinced he thought so too. The person who picked us up said the weather was similar to the conditions of the Edmonton tornado. Rain bounced a a few feet off the tarmac. I flew back, but didn't fly for years. My next was in 1998 and I took massive amounts of drugs to get on. It was a charter flight, and the Captain allowed passengers to visit the cockpit, which I did, but I couldn't help but think how crazy that was.

That's about the same year a ScareCanada flight I was on ended up in the weeds after an aborted take off at YVR.

I haven't flown ScareCanada since.
 
Curious Cdn
#92
Quote: Originally Posted by petros View Post

That's about the same year a ScareCanada flight I was on ended up in the weeds after an aborted take off at YVR.
I haven't flown ScareCanada since.

What happened?

The Pterodactyl tripped?
 
Kreskin
+1
#93
Quote: Originally Posted by petros View Post

That's about the same year a ScareCanada flight I was on ended up in the weeds after an aborted take off at YVR.

I haven't flown ScareCanada since.

Yikes. They didn't offer any free flights?
 
Curious Cdn
+1
#94
Quote: Originally Posted by Kreskin View Post

Yikes. They didn't offer any free flights?

I miss Canadian, too.
 
DaSleeper
#95
I had occasion once to take a flight from Toronto airport to Sarnia in a DC3...
Good safe airplane that could land in any field......but noisy on take off.....you couldn't talk to the passenger besides you until it leveled off
Only had time for one drink on that flight.....
 
Curious Cdn
#96
Quote: Originally Posted by DaSleeper View Post

I had occasion once to take a flight from Toronto airport to Sarnia in a DC3...
Good safe airplane that could land in any field......but noisy on take off.....you couldn't talk to the passenger besides you until it leveled off
Only had time for one drink on that flight.....

Flying tanks ...
 
petros
#97
Quote: Originally Posted by Kreskin View Post

Yikes. They didn't offer any free flights?

Nope. 3 hours late after digging a chocolate bar wrapper that f-cked up an engine sensor and landing gear inspection. They fed us and that was it.
 
Tecumsehsbones
#98
No, I'd SIT in a 737 and let it do all the work.

Kinda like petros having sex whenever he can scrape together 40 bucks.
 
NZDoug
#99
Imagine the lawsuits......
Boeing stocks will continue to nose dive.
Another boost for COMAC.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comac
 
petros
+1
#100
Quote: Originally Posted by Tecumsehsbones View Post

No, I'd SIT in a 737 and let it do all the work.
Kinda like petros having sex whenever he can scrape together 40 bucks.

$40? You only charged me $20 last time.
 
Curious Cdn
#101
Quote: Originally Posted by petros View Post

$40? You only charged me $20 last time.

Twenty bucks per each end ...
 
Kreskin
#102
Quote: Originally Posted by Tecumsehsbones View Post

No, I'd SIT in a 737 and let it do all the work.

Kinda like petros having sex whenever he can scrape together 40 bucks.

It's a Boeing, not a Boing.
 
Hoid
#103
Revelations that these particular aircraft did not have certain expensive options
 
MHz
#104
Let's hope the assassins stick to downing small planes. (and cars with computers)
 
MHz
#105
Quote: Originally Posted by petros View Post

$40? You only charged me $20 last time.

Do the math, it took 1/2 as long as normal, doh.
 
MHz
#106
Why not a commercial bi-plane and if all 10 engines fail you can still glide ti a smooth landing. Luggage in the wings, if it explodes it is a small hole, The tube could have 'upper' and 'lower' class, Hookers and drugs on the upper one and the lower one is parachute landing only, you can look for your luggage, lol, so really, leave it at home.
 
Tecumsehsbones
#107
Quote: Originally Posted by petros View Post

$40? You only charged me $20 last time.

I understand that you have an active fantasy life, but do try to keep some kind of a grip on reality, mmm-kay?
 
Curious Cdn
#108
Apparently, Boeing has an easy computer routine in it's fly-by-wire software for to get pilots out of the the lock-outs that happened to the Indonesian and Ethiopian crews. It's an optional upcharge, though and the airlines didn't buy the higher trim package.

"Oh you want the planes that don't CRASH? That's the Limited SE TITANIUM Package!"
 
Hoid
#109
These aircraft had no angle of attack indicator or angle of attack disagree light.

They are added extras for some reason.

Boeing said it will now include the light in all packages.
 
Curious Cdn
#110
Quote: Originally Posted by Hoid View Post

These aircraft had no angle of attack indicator or angle of attack disagree light.
They are added extras for some reason.
Boeing said it will now include the light in all packages.

The Lion Air pilots couldn't find a way out in the Manual. Maybe, it's on a DVD and nobody on board had a lap top with a disc drive in it, anymore. The "Cutting Edge 737 ..."
 
Hoid
#111
There is also a report that the pilot did not have simulator time.
 
Curious Cdn
#112
Quote: Originally Posted by Hoid View Post

There is also a report that the pilot did not have simulator time.

The very first thing that Boeing did was blame the pilots of both crashes for their inexperience. No interest in proper investigation ... or perhaps they knew there were problems moving pilots up to the newer version of the old bird, already. Either way, it's a pretty sad approach to multiple Boeings falling out if the sky.

The FBI has as opened an investigation.

Expect a bizarre "witch hunt" Tweet at four in the morning from uno-hoo about his Boeing buddies, too.
 
Hoid
#113
I find it difficult to understand how someone can pilot an aircraft they have no simulator time on.
 
Curious Cdn
#114
Quote: Originally Posted by Hoid View Post

I find it difficult to understand how someone can pilot an aircraft they have no simulator time on.

I find it difficult to understand how Boeing has come to this conclusion exonerating themselves before any investigation has even begun. It sounds like some sort of information plant by them to try to salvage their sorry asses from collapsing stock values.

Let let the investigators make the conclusions, not some marketing slag trolling for Boeing.
 
Kreskin
#115
Quote: Originally Posted by Hoid View Post

I find it difficult to understand how someone can pilot an aircraft they have no simulator time on.

There's a good video on youtube of a guy in a 737 max simulator. He created the condition of the system doing this then he just off the autopilot and corrected it. He commented that if a pilot is in a fight with the automation just shut it off and fly manually.
 
Hoid
#116
Quote: Originally Posted by Curious Cdn View Post

I find it difficult to understand how Boeing has come to this conclusion exonerating themselves before any investigation has even begun. It sounds like some sort of information plant by them to try to salvage their sorry asses from collapsing stock values.

Let let the investigators make the conclusions, not some marketing slag trolling for Boeing.

it could have something to do with trying to save their asses.
 
Danbones
#117
Oh look at Boeing...

Top Recipients:
Democratic Congressional Campaign Cmte
Total$129,31
From Indivs - $54,314
From Orgs - $75,000

Democratic Senatorial Campaign Cmte
Total$115,350
From Indivs - $40,320
From Orgs - $75,030
https://www.opensecrets.org/orgs/sum...?id=D000000100

Guess they invested in more then a few projects that don't fly.
 
petros
#118
Quote: Originally Posted by Hoid View Post

I find it difficult to understand how someone can pilot an aircraft they have no simulator time on.

Should someone with a Class 5 drivers license who has only driven a Smart Car be allowed to jump behind the wheel of 5t U-Haul without sitting through simulations?
 
Cannuck
#119
I understand, being a farm labourer, you find the challenge of driving a vehicle akin to flying a plane. I can assure you, the rest of us donít find it too difficult
 
Curious Cdn
#120
Quote: Originally Posted by Cannuck View Post

I understand, being a farm labourer, you find the challenge of driving a vehicle akin to flying a plane. I can assure you, the rest of us donít find it too difficult

"Where's the G.D. Shifter?!"