Canadian Killed in Mexico

karrie
Canadian killed in Mexico had room robbed after he was beaten, says cousin

2 hours, 21 minutes ago

TORONTO (CP) - A Canadian man killed while vacationing in Mexico apparently had his hotel room robbed while he was clinging to life in hospital.
if(window.yzq_d==null)window.yzq_d=new Object();window.yzq_d['4UZ9Gtj8YnE-']='&U=13b24j2tm%2fN%3d4UZ9Gtj8YnE-%2fC%3d541727.10008337.10692054.7707862%2fD%3dLREC %2fB%3d4022405';
Adam DePrisco's family says the young man's best friend and travel companion, Marco Calabro, told them the room was robbed. Luisa Pannozzi says there was a camera pointed at the room but that Calabro says he wasn't allowed to see the surveillance tape.

DePrisco, 19, died Monday night after he was found early Sunday morning outside an Acapulco nightclub with severe head injuries.

Pannozzi says conflicting reports about her cousin's death - police have suggested he was the victim of a hit-and-run, not a beating - has left the family desperate for answers.

She says relatives were able to bring back X-rays from Mexico that Ontario's chief coroner has said will be put to good use in conducting an autopsy in Toronto.

DePrisco's body is expected to arrive back in Canada on Friday night.

Andem
What a shame.

I saw this story on television and it makes me think of how scary it must be to go on vacation and put up with the dangers of severe injury or death. Mexico is slowly losing it's appeal to some people.

karrie
Quote: Originally Posted by Andem View Post

What a shame.

I saw this story on television and it makes me think of how scary it must be to go on vacation and put up with the dangers of severe injury or death. Mexico is slowly losing it's appeal to some people.

I'd be afraid to let a young man go to Mexico. So many young men flocking to Mexico to get drunk and rowdy, i'd assume it's bound to make the locals pissy sometimes. especially as this case sounds like it started when (from the one article I read) a bouncer pulled the young man off the dance floor while he was dancing with a local woman.

as a married woman, a trip to mexico would mean something completely different for me than what it means to young men who want to drink themselves silly and party their arses off. i think if one wants to vacation like they do, they should stick near their homes, where being drunk and disoriented doesn't add to the danger in quite the same way.

hermanntrude
getting drunk and disorderly is for amsterdam and prague. every briton know that