Facebook pulls down disgusting OC Transpo crash tribute site

Locutus
Hey, trolls.

Barely 48 hours after six people died and dozens were hurt in a horrific accident you unleashed your misspelled bile on Facebook.
The rest of us hugged our kids tight and gave silent thanks that our daily commute to and from work ended with us home for dinner.

Not you.

“The Ottawa Train vs Bus Crash was Hillarious (sic),” was the name of the page posted.

In my imagination sn i g g e r ing buddies did it from a hidey hole in some parents’ basement, illuminated only by the light of a computer screen wearing stained T-shirts dusted with potato chip crumbs.

“Nothing of value was lost,” was beneath photos of the six victims — a mother, a father, a husband, three sons.

“These are the faces of sinners. The world is now rid of scum.”

“Choo, choo,” was posted merrily, near a photo of a flaming train.

A woman stumbled upon it as she looked for a way to send her condolences to the grieving families of the dead.

“It’s awful, it’s disgusting,” she told me. “I wanted to send good wishes and prayers and thoughts. I was horrified.”

“This is SO sick, may God have mercy on your soul,” she posted in response. “You are a crazy idiot.”

Gregory Mech, who was on the upper deck of bus 76, was horrified when told about the site.

more

Facebook pulls down disgusting OC Transpo crash tribute site | Ontario | News | Toronto Sun

B00Mer
Quote: Originally Posted by Locutus View Post

Facebook pulls down disgusting OC Transpo crash tribute site | Ontario | News | Toronto Sun

There are some seriously ill people out there taking pleasure in other peoples pain..

These same Cowardly people will be the first to cry foul when they are attacked if they are the victim.. total losers.

5 Likes??!! WTF!!

SLM
+2
#3  Top Rated Post
Small minded people and the internet. Never a good combination.

tay
+1
Thankfully I'm not allowed on Facebook..................

www.youtube.com/watch?v=gaGEYtel7QQ

Sal
I am frankly quite shocked that people would be shocked... this kind of thing hardly ripples my pond let alone have the ability to shock me...fuk I expect it...that's just the way some people roll...it's not the majority and we should merely shake our heads and do an extra good work for the day to dissipate the bad energy.

to me likely some kids on a bad path...hopefully they self correct before they are forced by either some terrible life misfortune like the one they mocked...or the slamming of the prison gate behind them as they sally forth into the arms of Big Bill the resident prison cherry breaker.

SLM
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by Sal View Post

I am frankly quite shocked that people would be shocked... this kind of thing hardly ripples my pond let alone have the ability to shock me...fuk I expect it...that's just the way some people roll...it's not the majority and we should merely shake our heads and do an extra good work for the day to dissipate the bad energy.

to me likely some kids on a bad path...hopefully they self correct before they are forced by either some terrible life misfortune like the one they mocked...or the slamming of the prison gate behind them as they sally forth into the arms of Big Bill the resident prison cherry breaker.

Yes, you're right. Likely kids or really juvenile young adults. Anonymity and the vast reach of the web exacerbate the problem though.

B00Mer
Quote: Originally Posted by tay View Post

...and the rest of the World Thanks Facebook... now if only CC would catch on..

coldstream
trolls.. prowling the web for prey.. it's about as interesting of those old men in trench coats who flash passerbys in public parks.. pretty emotionally impoverished if you get your jollies this way, imho.

WLDB
Quote: Originally Posted by tay View Post

www.youtube.com/watch?v=gaGEYtel7QQ

ha. I saw this the other night and thought it was spot on.

Quote: Originally Posted by SLM View Post

Yes, you're right. Likely kids or really juvenile young adults. Anonymity and the vast reach of the web exacerbate the problem though.

Ive seen plenty of middle aged and older trolls on various sites. Age doesnt really make much of a difference when it comes to being a jerk.

Quote: Originally Posted by Sal View Post

Thats a big part of why I never join memorial pages and delete anyone on my friends list who has died. Upsetting posts on those pages are inevitable and I'd rather not see any of it.

Sal
Quote: Originally Posted by WLDB View Post

Thats a big part of why I never join memorial pages and delete anyone on my friends list who has died. Upsetting posts on those pages are inevitable and I'd rather not see any of it.

Yeah, isn't that the sad truth.