The death of Christianity in the U.S.

JLM
Quote: Originally Posted by Cliffy View Post

Do you think he may have been a little cannibal?

Danbones
Jesus did fine without the cannibalizm himself.

When he said "Bite Me!!!" I don't think he actually thought anyone would do it.

Say, does anyone have a hell where you are constantly being eaten by starving little zombie devils?

Twila
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by JLM View Post

indeed...does the catholic church encourage cannibalism? yup.

and pedophilia (although in that catholics are not alone)

and not thinking.

and not being yourself

and basically they just want you all to die so jesus can come again and you all can go to heaven, while everything else burns.

lovely faery tale. On par with Brothers Grimmm but more violent.

Cliffy
Quote: Originally Posted by JLM View Post

Communion is metaphorical cannibalism.

Cliffy

Twila
+1

yeah, they deserved it cliffy. remember their god is one whom loves them, and wants only what he's planned for them. They have a choice...to be his slaves or to use their free will and burn in hell for eternity. Sounds divine, doesn't it?

Gilgamesh

Christianity has died in the hands of Evangelicals. Evangelicalism ceased being a religious faith tradition following Jesus’ teachings concerning justice for the betterment of humanity when it made a Faustian bargain for the sake of political influence. The beauty of the gospel message — of love, of peace and of fraternity — has been murdered by the ambitions of Trumpish flimflammers who have sold their souls for expediency. No greater proof is needed of the death of Christianity than the rush to defend a child molester in order to maintain a majority in the U.S. Senate. Evangelicals have constructed an exclusive interpretation which fuses and confuses white supremacy with salvation. Only those from the dominant culture, along with their supposed inferiors who with colonized minds embrace assimilation, can be saved. But their salvation damns Jesus. To save Jesus from those claiming to be his heirs, we must wrench him from the hands of those who use him as a façade from which to hide their phobias — their fear of blacks, their fear of the undocumented, their fear of Muslims, their fear of everything queer.
Evangelicalism has ceased to be a faith perspective rooted on Jesus the Christ and has become a political movement whose beliefs repudiate all Jesus advocated. A message of hate permeates their pronouncements, evident in sulphurous proclamations like the Nashville Statement, which elevates centuries of sexual dysfunctionalities since the days of Augustine by imposing them upon Holy Writ. They condemn as sin those who express love outside the evangelical anti-body straitjacket.
Evangelicalism’s unholy marriage to the Prosperity Gospel justifies multi-millionaire bilkers wearing holy vestments made of sheep’s clothing who discovered being profiteers rather than prophets delivers an earthly security never promised by the One in whose name they slaughter those who are hungry, thirsty and naked, and the alien among them. Christianity at a profit is an abomination before all that is Holy. From their gilded pedestals erected in white centers of wealth and power, they gaslight all to believe they are the ones being persecuted because of their faith.

http://baptistnews.com/article/death.../#.WrqOosgh2so

Cliffys post is right on the mark in the description of present day evangelicalism. Sad to say, I doubt they are going away any time soon.

captain morgan
So much tolerance and open mindedness here.

Gilgamesh
Quote: Originally Posted by captain morgan View Post

The previous posts have all been tolerant. And very truthful.

damngrumpy
+3
Yup the faithful sold out to the politics of the fringe within the RNC
It has happened before and every time religion is given an place
at the political table it ends badly. The reason? Fanatics and
those who see their own glory within the anchient texts. What we
have is the folks Jesus warned about false prophets, and these
same Christians bow at the alter of Trumpism. November will
see better days when sane people take back the house and senate

Curious Cdn
+1 / -1
Quote: Originally Posted by damngrumpy View Post

Yup the faithful sold out to the politics of the fringe within the RNC
It has happened before and every time religion is given an place
at the political table it ends badly. The reason? Fanatics and
those who see their own glory within the anchient texts. What we
have is the folks Jesus warned about false prophets, and these
same Christians bow at the alter of Trumpism. November will
see better days when sane people take back the house and senate

They are easily hoodwinked, those Bible Belt Evangelicals. Dubya Bush hijacked them, as well. They are looking in really grungy places for their saviour to return.

Cannuck
Quote: Originally Posted by Curious Cdn View Post

They are easily hoodwinked, those Bible Belt Evangelicals. Dubya Bush hijacked them, as well. They are looking in really grungy places for their saviour to return.

All you gotta do to get the Evangelical/social conservative vote is to say you're against abortion or gay marriage. They don't really care about much else

captain morgan
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by Gilgamesh View Post

The previous posts have all been tolerant. And very truthful.

BS.. They are nothing more than bigoted and intolerant jerks.

If you doubt my suggestion, take any one of the last posts by the usual suspects and replace the word Christian, Catholic or Vatican with the word woman, Chinese or handicap and see exactly how the statement reads.

You'll be disgusted especially by the prospect that these jack-asses somehow believe that they are being objective

gopher

... actually, a lot less of each is shown in the Islamophobic threads

Curious Cdn
Quote: Originally Posted by Cannuck View Post

All you gotta do to get the Evangelical/social conservative vote is to say you're against abortion or gay marriage. They don't really care about much else

Yeah, Jesus went on and on about Gay marriages and abortion ... hardly ever shut up about them. I can see their point, really.

captain morgan
+3
Quote: Originally Posted by gopher View Post

... actually, a lot less of each is shown in the Islamophobic threads

I hear ya.

What really surprises me so much is that the folks that are front and center in is acting open minded and tolerant in the Islamophobic threads are the same ones that are intolerant in the ones where they target Christian religions.

It's like Jekyll and Hyde

Walter
Quote: Originally Posted by Twila View Post

yeah, they deserved it cliffy. remember their god is one whom loves them, and wants only what he's planned for them. They have a choice...to be his slaves or to use their free will and burn in hell for eternity. Sounds divine, doesn't it?

People aren’t God.

Twila

BS.. They are nothing more than bigoted and intolerant jerks.

So..you're seriously telling another poster their opinion is B.S because yours is better...your opinion is better. That is what you're arguing about....

Quote: Originally Posted by Walter View Post

People aren’t God.

God is man made.

captain morgan

So..you're seriously telling another poster their opinion is B.S because yours is better...your opinion is better. That is what you're arguing about....

No.

You are welcome anytime to go back and review your own contribution and make the assessment yourself.

Fact is, you don't offer opinion nor do you consider those opinions of anyone else, you simply submit a insulting statement and act as if it's fact.

Like I suggested to another poster, take your statement and exchange the word (or references) to Christian with the word Woman or handicap and then step back and tell me it's anot tasteless and offensive.

It's shocking that you can't see this

Cannuck

Yeah, Jesus went on and on about Gay marriages and abortion ... hardly ever shut up about them. I can see their point, really.

Well, he did say "blessed are the gay bashers"... allegedly
Last edited by Cannuck; Apr 5th, 2018 at 07:41 AM..

DaSleeper

[youtube]oMALLCSk8k0[/youtube]

Well, he did say "blessed are the gay bashers"... allegedly

[youtube]k90w0LN4djg[/youtube]

Cannuck
Looks like someone just got triggered.

Twila
+1

No.

You are welcome anytime to go back and review your own contribution and make the assessment yourself.

Fact is, you don't offer opinion nor do you consider those opinions of anyone else, you simply submit a insulting statement and act as if it's fact.

Like I suggested to another poster, take your statement and exchange the word (or references) to Christian with the word Woman or handicap and then step back and tell me it's anot tasteless and offensive.

It's shocking that you can't see this

it's shocking I can't see your opinion? what's your opinion worth to anyone but you?

Don't take it hard. You shouldn't worry about anything I say, if you're convinced of your personal assessment.

Looks like someone just got triggered.

Looks like someone WANTS to be triggered.

captain morgan
+2

it's shocking I can't see your opinion? what's your opinion worth to anyone but you?

This isn't about my opinion, it's about you being intolerant and needing to rely on broad over generalizations to have some kind of point (whatever that is).

And when challenged like I did earlier on the question of the source of the slaves being shanghaied, there is magically no answer as it acts to undermine those generalizations and assumptions that your house of cards is built on.

... That is no longer opinion, is it?... It's a direct observation of your actions (or lack thereof)

Don't take it hard. You shouldn't worry about anything I say, if you're convinced of your personal assessment.

Regrettable that you refuse to engage any kind of discussion that might challenge your position.

.... Is that an indication that your position is tenuous?

Twila
+1

This isn't about my opinion, it's about you being intolerant and needing to rely on broad over generalizations to have some kind of point (whatever that is).

And when challenged like I did earlier on the question of the source of the slaves being shanghaied, there is magically no answer as it acts to undermine those generalizations and assumptions that your house of cards is built on.

... That is no longer opinion, is it?... It's a direct observation of your actions (or lack thereof)

Regrettable that you refuse to engage any kind of discussion that might challenge your position.

.... Is that an indication that your position is tenuous?

I'm very happy to engage in conversation with people who don't talk past one another. You're just soap boxing. You have no information I need.

Your opinion is of no value to me. I don't come here to read your posts. Carry on carrying on.

petros
+2
Whip out your calculator and divide zero by zero.

Do you get a sum of infinity?

Twila
+1
Do something useful for a change and get me a sandwich.

petros
You don't need one unless you plan on taking a couple hours pondering your faith in the impossibility that 0 can be divided by 0 with a sum of infinity.

Cannuck
Are you still on about that?

petros
+1
Are you still f-cked in the head?