Elon Musk acted like a jerk, and Tesla stock paid the price


petros
+1
#91
Quote: Originally Posted by DaSleeper View Post

How much of your allowance do you invest?

Probably not much if living with his kids.
 
captain morgan
+2
#92
Quote: Originally Posted by pgs View Post

They do make sense for a commuter vehicle , they are quite and comfortable, however at present are only practical for city use . In ten or twenty years they will probably be more mainstream .


I don't disagree with you there. Ultimately, the choke-points relative to that are related to necessary infrastructure upgrades required by the local/urban grid and the presence of charging stations for public consumption


Quote: Originally Posted by Hoid View Post

GE investors are worried about Tesla stock.

The day Tesla debuted it was $17 and GE was $15

Today Tesla stock is up over 1,200% while GE is down 37%

This is why you should not invest with your heart


Why haven't you purchased a Tesla?
Last edited by captain morgan; Jul 26th, 2019 at 05:02 PM..
 
Hoid
#93
Norway is the gold standard for early EV adoption. The demand outstrips the supply. Something like 35% of all new car sales.

Why?

First in Norway 98% of electric generation is renewable.

Second, Norway started in the 90s trying to achieve low emmission adoption through tax incentives. Most of them went to IC engine development, and then by the 2000s to EVs.

Third. Norway now taxes the hell out of ICE vehicles. Helping to make the financial commitment almost even.


SO what it seems to need is commitment to the reduction of emissions.

It is also important to note that about 4% of EV owners would ever consider going back to while - while almost 90% of ICE owners would consider going EV.

Its what the people want.
 
petros
+1
#94
Is this about Norway or Tesla tanking?
 
captain morgan
+2
#95
Quote: Originally Posted by petros View Post

Is this about Norway or Tesla tanking?


Even the Norwegians aren't silly enough to have invested in Tesla
 
Hoid
#96
Norwegian Wealth Fund is a major Tesla investor.
 
Hoid
#97
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g6r5SRM2H3A

Model 3 owner gives review at 26K mile

Total cost to operate so far - $600
 
petros
+2
#98
Quote: Originally Posted by Hoid View Post

Norwegian Wealth Fund is a major Tesla investor.

So they just lost big on the cars for the 1%?

Oopsies.
 
petros
+2
#99
Quote: Originally Posted by Hoid View Post

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g6r5SRM2H3A
Model 3 owner gives review at 26K mile
Total cost to operate so far - $600

Did you see the E-F150 prototype pulling a train with 42 F150s on it?

Now that is how you impress a man.
 
captain morgan
+2
#100
Quote: Originally Posted by Hoid View Post

Norwegian Wealth Fund is a major Tesla investor.

Quote: Originally Posted by petros View Post

So they just lost big on the cars for the 1%?

Oopsies.


A quote from Norway's Wealth Fund:


There are plenty of opinions on whether Tesla Inc. should (or even can) go private, but Norway’s sovereign wealth fund, the world’s biggest, isn’t chiming in.
“We don’t have a view on that,” Trond Grande, the fund’s deputy chief executive officer, said in an interview on Tuesday.
He then added: “We want to be invested in companies that make money.”

Guess that they blew it on Tesla
 
MHz
#101
Quote: Originally Posted by DaSleeper View Post

He's gotten to a point that I don't read his stupid post.....Him and "can't hold his beer"
Megahurtz can't hold his two brain cells together because he's hung up on a collective....!

You got that part right as a few members make up that collective, vile people each and every one, there are more missing than there are remaining. What does that tell you about your ultimate fate here you little turd?
 
MHz
#102
Quote: Originally Posted by captain morgan View Post

“We don’t have a view on that,” Trond Grande, the fund’s deputy chief executive officer, said in an interview on Tuesday.
He then added: “We want to be invested in companies that make money.”

Guess that they blew it on Tesla

Guess Canada blew it by letting them in on it in the first place. Oh wait, it never would have come about without them and they have what they want so it is time to shut it down. Thank you Canada for funding the whole program with a loan @ interest. The same group took down SNC, Canada's only company that could bid on contracts that are in the millions and billions. The diamond mine is being shit down as it was a test hole that netted the Bankers $17B for a $500M investment that is also a tax deduction for them.
They are also the ones responsible for the ill health all around Hudson Bay thanks to some very gutless Canadians who should all be charged with treason against the people of Canada.


Guess Canada blew it big time again and again and again, much to the delight of the citizens of the Netherlands.
 
petros
+1
#103
And they went and they went and they went and they went and they went and they went and they went and they went and they went and they went and they went and they went and they went and they went and they went and they went and they went and they went and they went and they went and they went and they went and they went and they went and they went and they went and they went and they went and they went and they went and they went and they went and they went and they went and they went and they went and they went and they went and they went and they went and they went and they went and they went and they went and they went and they went and they went and they went and they went and they went and they went and they went and they went and they went and they went and they went and they went and they went and they went and they went and they went and they went and they went and they went and they went
 
pgs
+1
#104
Quote: Originally Posted by petros View Post

And they went and they went and they went and they went and they went and they went and they went and they went and they went and they went and they went and they went and they went and they went and they went and they went and they went and they went and they went and they went and they went and they went and they went and they went and they went and they went and they went and they went and they went and they went and they went and they went and they went and they went and they went and they went and they went and they went and they went and they went and they went and they went and they went and they went and they went and they went and they went and they went and they went and they went and they went and they went and they went and they went and they went and they went and they went and they went and they went and they went and they went and they went and they went and they went and they went

Where ? Are they still going ?
 
petros
#105
They went and they went.
 
pgs
#106
Quote: Originally Posted by petros View Post

They went and they went.

Must be a lot of them to keep going .
 
Hoid
#107
Quote: Originally Posted by captain morgan View Post

A quote from Norway's Wealth Fund:


There are plenty of opinions on whether Tesla Inc. should (or even can) go private, but Norway’s sovereign wealth fund, the world’s biggest, isn’t chiming in.
“We don’t have a view on that,” Trond Grande, the fund’s deputy chief executive officer, said in an interview on Tuesday.
He then added: “We want to be invested in companies that make money.”

Guess that they blew it on Tesla

That's why they are a major investor and have already arranged to continue investment in Tesla if it goes private.

That's why Tesla is a major part of Norway's EV culture

You're problem is that you basically don't know anything.
 
MHz
#108
Quote: Originally Posted by pgs View Post

Must be a lot of them to keep going .

A loop he created that he can't drop as it would show him to be a loser. CNDBear was in the same position with the reds, once he started he had to keep going and it made him even more nuts than the members here made him.


Even Dex has abandoned old pete.



https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pbl5Ix4QS1o
Herb Alpert - Mexican Shuffle
 
DaSleeper
#109
https://youtu.be/yS6tN8n8yTM?t=1
 
MHz
#110
That is pretty high quality post for you. How does that make you feel?
 
DaSleeper
+2
#111
And they went And they went And they went And they went And they went
Last edited by DaSleeper; Jul 27th, 2019 at 04:44 PM..
 
IdRatherBeSkiing
+3
#112
Quote: Originally Posted by DaSleeper View Post

I hate to agree with Hoid that the future "might" mean electric vehicles or other form of power for personal vehicles
Where I disagree with the greenies is the means of achieving the change...
Enough with the carbon tax, and the global warming bullshite...
Like I've said many times before......I'm all for clean environment and clean air to breathe

What I say is.... let the market decide....Innovation and competition will decide what sells and what doesn't
Competition and mass production will also bring down the prices
Manufacturers know that a product has to be affordable in order to sell it!


I don't think batteries are a good alternative. They aren't that green and charging is and always will be an issue.


But from what I have read a Hydrogen powered car could be a better alternative. It burns cleanly outputting only H2O. I think given H volatility, there may be some challenges but a much better alternative than a car with a big battery.
 
MHz
#113
Quote: Originally Posted by DaSleeper View Post

And they went And they went And they went And they went And they went

Now you even have to steal the format from pete the creep.. You are a prime example of why the loco collective is as fukking loco as they are. You can push that I am anti-Semitic and you show their IQ is well below 100 if you were even a member in good-standing, which you aren't.
 
MHz
#114
Quote: Originally Posted by IdRatherBeSkiing View Post

I don't think batteries are a good alternative. They aren't that green and charging is and always will be an issue.

But from what I have read a Hydrogen powered car could be a better alternative. It burns cleanly outputting only H2O. I think given H volatility, there may be some challenges but a much better alternative than a car with a big battery.

The part that nobody is going to produce hydrogen in the quantity might put a damper on that plan. Do you have any idea how volatile that gas is?

Produce it on demand is the right way to do it. (and very cheap to do, that is why it is ano5ther buried technology that would be competition for big oil. It is almost like there is a pattern to it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t98UBY3GhhI
It Runs On Water Stanley Meyer (1995) MUST-SEE VIDEO
 
captain morgan
+3
#115
Quote: Originally Posted by Hoid View Post

That's why they are a major investor and have already arranged to continue investment in Tesla if it goes private.

That's why Tesla is a major part of Norway's EV culture

You're problem is that you basically don't know anything.

That's rich.


Norway's sovereign wealth fund is prohibited from directing capital into private equity.


Your baseless commentary is hollow at best
 
petros
+2
#116
Quote: Originally Posted by Hoid View Post

That's why they are a major investor and have already arranged to continue investment in Tesla if it goes private.
That's why Tesla is a major part of Norway's EV culture
You're problem is that you basically don't know anything.

Norway has lots of boats. What %age are Tesla boats?
 
MHz
#117
How many and how many people use that means is the proper question. We do the expensive R&D on small motors (and then parked) and they 'upsize' for use by companies they own. You are kind of new to town aren't you?



Home » News » Transdev, european leader in electric buses, reinforces its presence in the Netherlands

Press release

Transdev, european leader in electric buses, reinforces its presence in the Netherlands

2018.28.03



March 28, 2018. Transdev is starting today the operation of the AML (Amstelland-Meerlanden) public transit contract in the Amsterdam region, which includes Europe’s biggest electrical ‘zero emissions’ bus fleet. This contract is one of the largest in the Netherlands, with sales estimated at 1.9 billion euros over 15 years(1).

The operating contract covers the cities of Aalsmeer, Amstelveen, Haarlemmermeer, Ouder-Amstel and Uithoorn, as well as a number of connections with Amsterdam, Haarlem and the city of Ronde Venen including the Amsterdam Schiphol airport, a key element of the Dutch economy. With this complete and innovative electric bus offering, Transdev deploys one of the world’s most modern and cleanest networks.
To date, Transdev operates 100 full-electric buses around the Amsterdam Schiphol airport, while the « zero emissions » bus fleet will continue to be further extended in the coming years. From 2021, close to 90% of the fleet will use electric buses. The network will be operated by our 800-strong staff and cover some 30 million kilometers annually.
In the Netherlands, our two clients in Eindhoven and Amsterdam, have made the choice of high passenger capacity articulated buses (18 meters long), with a lighter battery payload. These batteries are recharged using a dual-system, combining under half-hour quick-charging at the bus line terminal and a complete charge at night (4-5 hours) in the bus garage. Furthermore, electric buses in the Netherlands are charged exclusively using renewable energy sources, mainly from windmills. For Transdev, investment in both contracts represent 250 million euros in Amsterdam and 100 million euros in Eindhoven.

With a fleet of up to 400 electric buses by 2021 in the Netherlands, combined with all the complementary initiatives put into place in the countries in which we operate, Transdev is demonstrating that customer-centric technological innovation and energy transition are now a reality. Transdev Group is the only player in the field able to offer complete solutions on such a large scale. Transdev is the undisputed leader in ‘zero emissions’ public transport; it is with great pride that we again demonstrate that Transdev is a highly committed company, capable of rapidly deploying clean, reliable and innovative solutions. Thierry Mallet, CEO of Transdev Group



Transdev Nederland is a subsidiary on Transdev Group, leader in three areas : public transportation, Transport on Demand and medical transport. Transdev Nederland employs more than 10,000 people and reported consolidated sales of 805 million euros in 2016. Public transportation and Transport on Demand are operated under the local brand Connexxion or that of the Public Transport Authority, while medical transport is operated under the brand Witte Kruis (White Cross).
(1) 10-year contract + 5-year optional extension.
 
Hoid
#118
https://electrek.co/2019/07/01/tesla...electric-cars/


JULY 1

Tesla becomes best-selling brand in Norway, pushing electric car market share to almost 50%
 
Hoid
+1
#119
BUSINESS NEWSAUGUST 21, 2018 / 4:01 AM / A YEAR AGO
Norway wealth fund allowed to stay on as investor if Tesla goes private

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-n...-idUSKCN1L60ZV

Once again you prove you have no knowledge of the subject what so ever.

Always a pleasure talking to real expert - on google
 
Twin_Moose
+1
#120
Quote: Originally Posted by IdRatherBeSkiing View Post

I don't think batteries are a good alternative. They aren't that green and charging is and always will be an issue.
But from what I have read a Hydrogen powered car could be a better alternative. It burns cleanly outputting only H2O. I think given H volatility, there may be some challenges but a much better alternative than a car with a big battery.

Electric car catches fire and explodes in Île-Bizard garage

Quote:

Montreal firefighters are investigating after an electric car caught fire and exploded inside a residential garage in Île-Bizard on Friday.
The explosion launched the garage door clean off and sent it flying across the street.
Piero Cosentino saw dark clouds of smoke coming from his garage Friday afternoon.
"As soon as I saw that, I immediately turned off the breaker," he told CBC.
Cosentino's car, a Hyundai Kona, was on fire. He had just bought the vehicle in March.
Firefighters were called to the scene around 1 p.m. and were able to put out the blaze. No one was injured.
Still, Cosentino knows things could have been different.
"If we were in front of the garage door, we could have been in the hospital," he said.
Costentino says the car wasn't charging — he insists it wasn't even plugged in.
Electric cars are powered by lithium batteries and some can overheat in extreme temperatures.
Louise Desrosiers, with Montreal's fire service, said that there didn't seem to be any other factors inside the garage that could have caused the explosion.