This “No Firearms” Sign Failed To Prevent A Mass Shooting Over The Weekend

Danbones
Free Thinker
In A Shocking Discovery, This “No Firearms” Sign Failed To Prevent A Mass Shooting Over The Weekend

With no arrests and one dead, a total of 16 people were injured inside a nightclub early Sunday morning. The shooting happened at Cameo nightclub in Cincinnati just after 1 am, and police believe that multiple people were responsible for firing the shots.

In a photo taken at the scene, seen above, the Gun Free Zone sign was of little influence to the multiple people who brought guns into the establishment.

Police say that numerous people at the bar got into an argument which eventually escalated into gunfire. The man who was killed, 27-year-old O’Bryan Spikes, was a father and college student who frequented the bar.

“There’s no reason that anyone should ever feel like they could go into a club, shoot a club up, because they’re upset with someone who disrespected them or otherwise hurt them earlier in the day,” Cincinnati Councilwoman Yvette Simpson said. “So I continue to say, yes, guns kill people, but people kill people.”

The club isn’t a stranger to violence, having experienced shootings in the past. That may be why the ‘No Guns’ sign hangs in the door, but we all know it’s just a piece of paper and a warning.

The club is even said to wand people as they enter, but somehow multiple firearms were still brought in.

Is it me, or do gun free zones simply not work?

In A Shocking Discovery, This

just sayin':
gunfree only means victims

Curious Cdn
No Party Affiliation
It's a surprise that some Yahoo didn't shoot the sign right out of it's frame.

I'm sure that if you put up a sign that said "Please be a Decent Human Being" some moron will surely come along to rip it up into smithereens.

Danbones
Free Thinker
+1
true

they should just put up signs saying
"10% of the people in this space are carrying concealed - you guess which ones"

Hoof Hearted
+2
#4  Top Rated Post
Would've been a large scale fistfight in most parts of Canada...a few bruises or maybe a broken nose.

Twila
Quote: Originally Posted by Hoof Hearted View Post

Would've been a large scale fistfight in most parts of Canada...a few bruises or maybe a broken nose.

Lower mainland excluded.

seems here there are no real fist fights anymore. Just gun or knife.

Danbones
Free Thinker
That's one reason I don't bounce anymore in bars. Even the homeless shelter I volunteer security for has weapon moments.

Tecumsehsbones
+1

How bout in Moncton?

Highball
+1
Some of the toughest gun laws in the nation haven't helped Chicago reduce the number of homicides with a gun either.

Jinentonix
No Party Affiliation

Sadly, not in Toronto anymore.

Curious Cdn
No Party Affiliation
Quote: Originally Posted by Jinentonix View Post

Sadly.

The widespread deployment of tasers took care of that.

Tecumsehsbones
Quote: Originally Posted by Jinentonix View Post

True, but the handbag battles are "epic!"

taxslave
Free Thinker
+1
Kind of stupid putting up a sign. Everyone knows handguns can't read.

Tecumsehsbones
Quote: Originally Posted by taxslave View Post

Kind of stupid putting up a sign. Everyone knows handguns can't read.

Racist.

IdRatherBeSkiing
+1
Perhaps in addition to the sign, people of Cincinnati needed to change their facebook photos as well.

taxslave
Free Thinker
Quote: Originally Posted by Tecumsehsbones View Post

Racist.

OK to be fair I never seen a tomahawk that could read either. Or a knife. SOC since I treat all weapons equally that makes me a bigot not a racist.

Tecumsehsbones
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by taxslave View Post

OK to be fair I never seen a tomahawk that could read either. Or a knife. SOC since I treat all weapons equally that makes me a bigot not a racist.

Much better. And Tomahawks can read. The optical sensors and on-board software are very sophisticated.