9 Blacks killed in church. Cops looking for White guy

WLDB
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by B00Mer View Post

Does anybody else notice that Dylann Storm Roof looks just like

the sadistic bastard Ramsey Bolton from Game of Thrones?

I dont see it. I dont even think theyre really comparable. I doubt the Roof guy has the patience to make himself a Reek.

Twila
+2
Interesting article about mass killings and mental illness.

It’s Not About Mental Illness: The Big Lie That Always Follows Mass Shootings By White Males | Alternet

eh1eh
+1 / -1
Hurray. Guns to the rescue. Happy gun ownership America. lol.

At least he didn't kill any republicans.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mjzrvRKv6Ks

Sal
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by Twila View Post

Interesting article about mass killings and mental illness.

It’s Not About Mental Illness: The Big Lie That Always Follows Mass Shootings By White Males | Alternet

it is interesting....thanks

can't say I fully agree on all aspects but there are some excellent points in the article that should generate anyone with a desire to "fix things" to question what we are told over and over and over again.

Quote: Originally Posted by eh1eh View Post

people like this guy who "get it" make me proud to be a leftard....proud

JLM
Quote: Originally Posted by Sal View Post

can't say I fully agree on all aspects but there are some excellent points in the article that should generate anyone with a desire to "fix things" to question what we are told over and over and over again.

Whoever Arthur Chu is and what his credentials are!! What is mental illness and what are all the ramifications of it? Does mental illness include the inability to think sanely? I think it could well be a reason, but I'm not sure it's an excuse. Possibly no one in the world knows 1/10th of what is to be known about the alleged perpetrator.

B00Mer

Well the guy is a very intelligent guy and he has his opinion..

However, if we as a society PC everything, forget our past... we are doomed to relive it.. Yeah, South Carolina has streets named after Confederate Generals.. it's part of the history of that state. Big deal.

Of course the United States is racist, and the USA is only 150 years past the ending of the Confederate war.. a blip in humanity.

Of course, he made his point about Guns in America, figured the left wouldn't leave this one alone.. but if a guy is as crazy as this guy was.. I think he would have just used about any weapon he could get his hands on..

You shouldn't penalize the millions of responsible gun owners because of one crazy fool.

Calgary man shot by arrow in stable condition

Man stabbed in northwest Calgary

Sal
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by JLM View Post

Whoever Arthur Chu is and what his credentials are!! What is mental illness and what are all the ramifications of it? Does mental illness include the inability to think sanely? I think it could well be a reason, but I'm not sure it's an excuse. Possibly no one in the world knows 1/10th of what is to be known about the alleged perpetrator.

Credentials...you are worried about credentials when everyone and his brother have an opinion...no.

Please...you must have a clue about mental illness. If not there are lots of sources to consult if you are the least bit interested.

It's not about using mental illness as an excuse. But that is not the point he is making anyway. We use mental illness as a catch all.

In reality I and probably most of us, know many, many people who have or do suffer from a mental illness. It includes anxiety, depression, bi-polar, schizophrenia. These people are not going to take a gun and blow down nine people. So to just label this guy as mentally ill and not think upon it further, stigmatizes other who have mental illness. People label them because they are ignorant of what such labels mean.

Sure buddy here was/is mentally ill but it isn't that simple. That's part of the point.

those who choose not to "get it" never will...it is too scary for them...too complex, too overwhelming to hold more than one thought at a time, let's not go too deep...just make everything black and white and everything will be okay doncha know

Corduroy
+2

The point is that this man's "mental illness" fits in perfectly with what was once considered normal. Is it mental illness to think of other races as coming to "take our jobs and rape our women"? This is exactly what Donald Trump said about Mexicans as he announced his presidential campaign. Dylann Roof dehumanized black people, devalued their lives and murdered them. These past few months and years the conservative mainstream has exhausted itself dehumanizing black people, devaluing their lives and defending their murderers. Is that a mental illness? In the past it always seemed a bit of a stretch to blame the conservative media and culture for the violence supposedly done in its name, but now things have really gone off the deep end. They've really doubled down on their veiled racism and support of state murder. What's the difference now?
Last edited by Corduroy; Jun 19th, 2015 at 06:13 PM..

JLM
+1

Credentials...you are worried about credentials when everyone and his brother have an opinion...no.

Please...you must have a clue about mental illness. If not there are lots of sources to consult if you are the least bit interested.

It's not about using mental illness as an excuse. But that is not the point he is making anyway. We use mental illness as a catch all.

Yep, I know a little bit about several forms of mental illness and the ones you mentioned don't generally escalate into mass murders, but that is not to say they can't. I'm sure mental illness also takes other forms that I'm not aware of. Is depression mental illness or just a manifestation of it? There's a lot of stuff there to think about.

Quote: Originally Posted by Corduroy View Post

The point is that this man's "mental illness" fits in perfectly with what was once considered normal. Is it mental illness to think of other races as coming to "take our jobs and rape our women"? This is exactly what Donald Trump said about Mexicans as he announced his presidential campaign. Dylann Roof dehumanized black people, devalued their lives and murdered them. These past few months and years the conservative mainstream has exhausted itself dehumanizing black people, devaluing their lives and defending their murderers. Is that a mental illness? In the past it always seemed a bit of a stretch to blame the conservative media and culture for the violence supposedly done in its name, but now things have really gone off the deep end. They've really doubled down on their veiled racism and support of state murder. What's the difference now?

Not really much different from the Skin head's (Neo Nazi) philosophy is it? Hatred?

B00Mer

Yeah, Donald Trump made racism mainstream and got an applause.

His attacks on Obama also speak volumes. Birther.

Trump is the Republicans' worst nightmare

Hillary Clinton: Donald Trump's racial rhetoric 'not acceptable'
Last edited by B00Mer; Jun 19th, 2015 at 06:40 PM..

Ludlow
+1

reminds me a little of an old movie name of Network with the mad prophet played by the late great actor Peter finch who was the nightly news anchor.

We are conditioned by the carpet bombing of insanity on a daily basis to become somewhat immune to natural shock it should produce in all of us. Maybe we've waxed cold to the common occurrence of humanities war on,,,,humanity.

There's a small river in Missouri called the Warm Fork. It twists and turns through the Ozark woods until it crosses the Arkansas line at Mammoth Spring State Park and merges there with the Spring River. The Warm fork is a cloudy almost muddy river and the Spring River comes from an under ground spring which provides clean cold water. Many times I would stand at a point on the bank where the two run together and fish for Trout, Bass or Walleye. One early morning I was tossing my rebel Crawdad lure into the Warm Fork and letting it work it's way to the clear cold Spring river. On one cast I thought I had snagged a log and was sure I'd lost another five dollar lure. But the line started moving sideways and it was then I knew I had a good fish. Took me awhile to land her. 14 pound rainbow. Had no stringer in my tackle box ,,wouldn't keep her anyway so I let her go back, When I read stories like this,,, I remember that time. .

captain morgan
+2

Even a broken clock is right twice a day.

Save your pride for something that is worthy of such

Machjo
+1

But you have to understand, Twila, the one guy was likely depriving the Gov't. of some tax money!

But the other was permanently eliminating taxpayers in which the government had invested public school money throughout their childhood years.

Sal
Quote: Originally Posted by Ludlow View Post

reminds me a little of an old movie name of Network with the mad prophet played by the late great actor Peter finch who was the nightly news anchor.

We are conditioned by the carpet bombing of insanity on a daily basis to become somewhat immune to natural shock it should produce in all of us. Maybe we've waxed cold to the common occurrence of humanities war on,,,,humanity.

There's a small river in Missouri called the Warm Fork. It twists and turns through the Ozark woods until it crosses the Arkansas line at Mammoth Spring State Park and merges there with the Spring River. The Warm fork is a cloudy almost muddy river and the Spring River comes from an under ground spring which provides clean cold water. Many times I would stand at a point on the bank where the two run together and fish for Trout, Bass or Walleye. One early morning I was tossing my rebel Crawdad lure into the Warm Fork and letting it work it's way to the clear cold Spring river. On one cast I thought I had snagged a log and was sure I'd lost another five dollar lure. But the line started moving sideways and it was then I knew I had a good fish. Took me awhile to land her. 14 pound rainbow. Had no stringer in my tackle box ,,wouldn't keep her anyway so I let her go back, When I read stories like this,,, I remember that time. .

wow, the way you told that, I could picture every move...that was wonderful...thanks

Quote: Originally Posted by captain morgan View Post

Save your pride for something that is worthy of such

nah, I'm good where I am thanks...

JLM
Quote: Originally Posted by captain morgan View Post

Yeah, for fairly short duration!

Quote: Originally Posted by Machjo View Post

But the other was permanently eliminating taxpayers in which the government had invested public school money throughout their childhood years.

That is true BUT it was money in the future and who looks into the future these day? What's important is the money they can get their hands on NOW!

gopher
+3
Fox has a unique perspective on this news:

interesting to say the least

spaminator
Charleston pastor to blame for gun deaths: NRA executive
Lisa Maria Garza, Reuters
First posted: Saturday, June 20, 2015 12:37 AM EDT | Updated: Saturday, June 20, 2015 12:43 AM EDT
DALLAS - A National Rifle Association executive in Texas has come under fire for suggesting that a South Carolina lawmaker and pastor slain with eight members of his congregation bears some of the blame for his opposition to permitting concealed handguns in church.
Houston-based lawyer Charles Cotton, listed as a national NRA board member on the gun lobby's website, made the comments in an online chat room he administers called texaschlforum.com, a discussion board devoted to gun rights and firearms issues.
In an online thread about Wednesday night's mass shooting at the Emanuel African Methodist Church in Charleston, Cotton said that one of the nine people slain, church pastor and Democratic state Senator Clementa Pinckney, had voted against legislation in 2011 that would have allowed concealed possession of handguns in restaurants, day-care centers and churches.
"Eight of his church members who might be alive if he had expressly allowed members to carry handguns in church are dead," Cotton wrote.
The comments, since deleted from the online forum but ricocheted across social media in cached versions, triggered a torrent of online condemnation, with hundreds of posts bombarding Cotton's Twitter handle branding him a "monster" and "insensitive."
The online Christian social justice organization Faithful America launched an online campaign seeking 15,000 signatures for a petition demanding that the NRA remove Cotton from its board and apologize for his remarks.
Cotton did not respond to requests from Reuters seeking comment.
But The Washington Post quoted him on Friday as saying that the online discussion that generated the controversy was about the pros and cons of "gun-free zones," and his comments were made as a private citizen.
"It's my opinion that there should not be any gun-free zones in schools or churches or anywhere else. If we look at mass shootings that occur, most happen in gun-free zones," he told the newspaper.
Authorities have said the suspected gunman in the Charleston shooting, Dylann Roof, 21, who is white, spent an hour in Bible study with black parishioners at the nearly 200-year-old church before opening fire on them. He was charged with nine counts of murder and a weapons offense on Friday, a day after his arrest in North Carolina.
The U.S. Justice Department said it is investigating the church attack as both a hate crime and potential act of terrorism.
A woman lights candles for the nine victims of last night's shooting at the historic Emanuel African Methodist Episcopal Church June 18, 2015 in Charleston, South Carolina. Dylann Storm Roof, 21, of Lexington, South Carolina, who allegedly attended a prayer meeting at the church for an hour before opening fire and killing three men and six women, was arrested today. Among the dead is the Rev. Clementa Pinckney, a state senator and a pastor at Emanuel AME, the oldest black congregation in America south of Baltimore, according to the National Park Service. Chip Somodevilla/Getty Images/AFP

Charleston pastor to blame for gun deaths: NRA executive | World | News | Toront

Sal
they are going to blame the victims...my god

IdRatherBeSkiing
+1

they are going to blame the victims...my god

Its also faulty logic. The assumption is that all 8 would have been carrying.

CDNBear
+2
Quote: Originally Posted by Twila View Post

One of these guys killed 9 people. One of these guys was selling single cigarettes.

Resistance vs complying.

Hypocrite control alert

I always love it when you hypocrites put an honest disclaimer on your posts.

Wow, how racist of you. As if there can't be black republicans.

Corduroy
+2 / -1
Can you imagine how Fox News would react if, after all that has gone in this year, black churches started arming themselves?

CDNBear
+3

Can you imagine how Fox News would react if, after all that has gone in this year, black churches started arming themselves?

Can you image how the rest of the MSM, that you so eloquently ignore, would react?

Corduroy
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by CDNBear View Post

Can you image how the rest of the MSM, that you so eloquently ignore, would react?

I don't consider my ignoring of the mainstream media eloquent. Do you? I gotta say, it might seem like a compliment but it's actually a little weird.

CDNBear
+4

I don't consider my ignoring of the mainstream media eloquent. Do you?

Not really. I was being polite.

Your pretentious partisan nonsense is trite and silly. You're as much a part of the problem at the one you rail against.

Corduroy
Quote: Originally Posted by CDNBear View Post

Not really. I was being polite.

Your pretentious partisan nonsense is trite and silly. You're as much a part of the problem at the one you rail against.

Oh Bear, that's a real quagmire of a sentence. How many problems are there? I think you want to say there's one, but your sentence implies two. I rail against this one problem but I am in fact a part of it. How much a part of it? In equal proportions to the amount I rail against it. I may be a master of eloquence, but I'm not so sure about this one. That sentence is too mangled. Ask someone else? Sorry I couldn't help.

CDNBear
+3

Oh Bear, that's a real quagmire of a sentence. How many problems are there? I think you want to say there's one, but your sentence implies two. I rail against this one problem but I am in fact a part of it. How much a part of it? In equal proportions to the amount I rail against it. I may be a master of eloquence, but I'm not so sure about this one. That sentence is too mangled. Ask someone else? Sorry I couldn't help.

LOL, cute. I didn't think there would be any substance to your reply.

Walter
+1
A-holes like Not-so-Sharpton and BHO wouldn't think of doing this. Good on Sherriff Joe.
Arizona sheriff sending armed posse into black churches

Friendly Reminder: None of Obama’s Gun Control Initiatives Would Have Prevented Charleston Shooting - Matt Vespa

Ludlow
Quote: Originally Posted by Walter View Post

A-holes like Not-so-Sharpton and BHO wouldn't think of doing this. Good on Sherriff Joe.
Arizona sheriff sending armed posse into black churches

Friendly Reminder: None of Obama’s Gun Control Initiatives Would Have Prevented Charleston Shooting - Matt Vespa

just gonna take a wild guess and assume the cameras are rolling and the photo ops are in full force??

B00Mer
Charleston suspect Dylann Roofs alleged manifesto discovered online

A website surfaced Saturday featuring a racist and rambling manifesto and dozens of photos of accused Charleston church shooter Dylann Roof posing with white supremacy symbols and the Confederate flag.

Roof, 21, remains jailed on nine counts of murder for allegedly opening fire in the historically African-American Emanuel African Methodist Episcopal Church on Wednesday.

Who authored the manifesto or posted the images is not officially known. But through online registration records, Yahoo News confirmed the websites domain, lastrhodesian.com, was started by a Dylann Roof of Eastover, S.C. on Feb. 9. The street address used is the same that Roof has given authorities since he was captured in Shelby, N.C. on Thursday. Of Feb. 10, the registration information was purposely obscured.

The webpage traces its authors path toward strong beliefs in white supremacy and says the moment of awakening was the race debate ignited after the shooting of black teen Trayvon Martin. The rambling text ends with the author's statement that it's time to take the beliefs expressed, to the real world."

I have no choice. I am not in the position to, alone, go into the ghetto and fight. I chose Charleston because it is most historic city in my state, and at one time had the highest ratio of blacks to Whites in the country. We have no skinheads, no real KKK, no one doing anything but talking on the internet.

Well someone has to have the bravery to take it to the real world, and I guess that has to be me, it reads.

While they are rare, retired FBI profiler Mary Ellen OToole said killer manifestos are all about the writings of a very narcissistic, arrogant individual.

They feel this need to tell the world how they were wronged, OToole said. Its like they have to shove our nose into why they are entitled into what it is they are going to do.

OToole, who has seen hundreds of manifestos during her career studying killers, read the document posted to Roofs website at the request of Yahoo News.

While not vouching for its authenticity, OToole described it as shallow and likely plagiarized.

The themes dont indicate that this person is spending a lot of time to do research, said OToole, who now directs the Forensic Science Program at George Mason University.

The 2,444-word manifesto jumps from topic to topic addressing, among other things, patriotism, blacks, Jews, Hispanics and Asians.
Hes trying to weave like a quilt of those themes that he went out in search of, OToole said. Which tells me that whoever the author is had preexisting opinions and ideas and then you go to the Internet to get a little bit of this and a little bit of that to fuel what you already believe and already think.

The New York Times, reports that according to web server logs, the manifesto was last modified at 4:44 p.m. ET on Wednesday, about four hours before the Charleston shootings.

Unfortunately at the time of writing I am in a great hurry and some of my best thoughts, actually many of them have been to be left out and lost forever. But I believe enough great White minds are out there already. Please forgive any typos, I didnt have time to check it.

Benjamin Crump, attorney for Trayvon Martins family and a leading national voice in civil rights issues, said he was troubled to learn the manifesto mentioned Martin case.

Regardless of how this demented, racist individual attempts to shift the focus of his murderous actions, we will remain steadfast in our defense of the voiceless around this country, Crump said in a statement. They need it now more than ever. My thoughts and prayers remain with the victims of this terrible tragedy and the Charleston community.

Dozens of images posted to the site show Roof in historic locations like a Confederate soldier cemetery and a slave burial ground.

In one image, the suspected gunman is posed on the beach wearing the same clothes he is seen wearing on surveillance footage as he entered the chruch on Wednesday. It was not immediately clear if this image was taken the same day as the shooting, but if so, it would show that Roof took time to visit the beach, scratch the racist symbol 1488 in the sand and photograph himself before allegedly traveling to Charleston.

The symbol 1488, shown in Roof's photos, is a number that has been adopted by white supremacists, according to the Southern Poverty Law Center's Racist Skinhead Glossary.

The "88" refers to H, the eighth letter of the alphabet and is a symbol for "Heil Hitler." The "14" refers to a 14-word slogan popularized by David Lane, a white supremacist serving a 190-year sentence in the murder of a Jewish talk show host. The slogain is: "We must secure the existence of our people and a future for white children."

The manifesto website was first discovered by two Twitter users Emma Quangel and Henry Krinkle -- who used a Reverse Whois search on domaintools.com to find the site registered under Roof's name.

Quangel, who identifies as a Communist, tweeted that it is her "solemn duty and obligation to hate and fight racism with every inch of [her] being!"

The site's title is a reference to an unrecognized state in Africa, in a region that is now Zimbabwe, during the 1960s and '70s that was controlled by a white minority.

White supremacists have idealized this era and the Rhodesian flag has been used as a racist symbol.

One of the first photos circulated of Roof shows the 21-yare-old suspect wearing a jacket adorned with flag patches for both Apartheid-era South Africa and Rhodesia.

Also included in the trove of images on the site are photos of a Glock .45-caliber pistol, which has been identified as the same type of gun that was used in the shooting. Roof reportedly purchased the weapon in April for his 21st birthday with money give to him as a gift by his father.

Some of the pictures were taken at the Sankofa Burial Grounds for slaves on the McLeod Plantation in Charleston.

Others appear to have been taken at the Boone Hall plantation in Mt Pleasant, S.C., and the Museum and Library of Confederate History in Greenville, S.C.

The author of the manifesto said that he did not grow up in a racist home or environment. Roof's family broke their silence Friday by releasing a statement extending their sympathies victims' families.

"Words cannot express our shock, grief, and disbelief as to what happened that night," it reads.

"Our thoughts and prayers are with the families of those killed this week. We have all been touched by the moving words from the victims' families offering God's forgiveness and love in the face of such horrible suffering."

source: https://ca.news.yahoo.com/suspected-...154324556.html

SLM
+2
He's just another in a long line of nutjobs.