Michael Bryant putting out a book

Locutus
Set aside your pennies if you want kids.

Or you could read a good book like The Equinox instead.

Michael Bryant book to tell his 'descent into a kind of hell'

TORONTO - Michael Bryant’s take on what it’s like to face prosecution by a system you once ran is coming to a bookstore near you.
The former Ontario attorney general never did face trial after being charged with criminal negligence causing death after a confrontation with cyclist D’Arcy Sheppard — the case was dropped — but the experience will be chronicled by Bryant in a planned book called 28 Seconds.

“There is an untold story within this tragedy, and I wanted to share that story. It’s important to pass along lessons learned regarding our justice system. I’m ready to speak to these very personal issues,” Bryant said in a media release Monday.
But he’s not ready to speak just yet.

more...

Michael Bryant book to tell his 'descent into a kind of hell' | Ontario | News | Toronto Sun

Retired_Can_Soldier
+3
He really did go through an ordeal. I remember all those unbiased Torontonians ready to BBQ him without the facts.

And Keith, if ever I can afford a publicist you get the job.

DurkaDurka
Quote: Originally Posted by Retired_Can_Soldier View Post

He really did go through an ordeal. I remember all those unbiased Torontonians ready to BBQ him without the facts.

He had his defenders too, it was mostly the anarchist bicycle squad that wanted him lynched. I'm not about to shed a tear for his ordeal though, he has far more access to resources to defend him self then lets say you or I would have.

bill barilko
He's a swine-pure and simple.

CDNBear
Quote: Originally Posted by bill barilko View Post

Why?

TenPenny
+1
He must be a swine, because those bicycle couriers never get upset at normal citizens, they never try to run you down on the sidewalk, or treat everyone as if they're obstacles to be pushed out of the way.

Retired_Can_Soldier
Quote: Originally Posted by DurkaDurka View Post

He had his defenders too, it was mostly the anarchist bicycle squad that wanted him lynched. I'm not about to shed a tear for his ordeal though, he has far more access to resources to defend him self then lets say you or I would have.

Yes he has more resources, but this also happened on his wedding anniversary and those defending him I say Kudo's, now check the next quote.

Simple illustrates your understanding of the event in question.

Quote: Originally Posted by TenPenny View Post

He must be a swine, because those bicycle couriers never get upset at normal citizens, they never try to run you down on the sidewalk, or treat everyone as if they're obstacles to be pushed out of the way.

Don't go confusing him with facts.

mentalfloss
Quote: Originally Posted by TenPenny View Post

bill barilko
I see I'm the only city cyclist on this thread-to be expected.

TenPenny
+2

What is obvious that you don't believe cyclists have to follow any laws, or that cyclists could ever do anything wrong.

Retired_Can_Soldier

Being a cyclist has nothing to do with what happened in this case other than the guy on the bike was hopped up on drugs and would not relent for three blocks.. If that's how you view things, maybe you oughta park your bike.

55Mercury
I haven't liked the guy since he banned pitbulls (you know that's just a stone's throw from being a racist?) , so I think he deserves heaps of scorn for his every misadventure or over-reaction.
Last edited by 55Mercury; Oct 18th, 2011 at 08:06 AM..Reason: aye caint speil

Retired_Can_Soldier
Quote: Originally Posted by 55Mercury View Post

I haven't liked the guy since he banned pitbulls (you know that's just a stone's throw from being a racist?) , so I think he deserve heaps of scorn for his every misadventure or over-reaction.

Policy is one thing, this was another. Though I'll likely never own one, I agree the Pit-Bull thing was stupid.

DurkaDurka
+4
#14  Top Rated Post

I'm a city cyclist, doesn't mean I have to support drunken fools attacking people while riding their bike.

mentalfloss
Quote: Originally Posted by DurkaDurka View Post

I'm a city cyclist, doesn't mean I have to support drunken fools attacking people while riding their bike.

To be fair, Bryant looks like a pretty evil s hit.

Retired_Can_Soldier
Quote: Originally Posted by mentalfloss View Post

To be fair, Bryant looks like a pretty evil s hit.

So does this guy

mentalfloss

So does this guy

Is this the part where I get to say 'sour grapes' ?

bill barilko
It sure doesn't take much to bring out the bloodthirsty old ignoramuses on this board-they've never met a victim they didn't love to blame.

CDNBear

It sure doesn't take much to bring out the bloodthirsty old ignoramuses on this board-they've never met a victim they didn't love to blame.

Awww, what's wrong Billy? Finding it hard to formulate a reasoned argument?

bill barilko
Quote: Originally Posted by CDNBear View Post

Awww, what's wrong Billy? Finding it hard to formulate a reasoned argument?

Does murder make you Happy?

(Don't answer-we know the answer...)

DurkaDurka
+3

haha, It's hilarious that you think the guy Bryan hit was a "victim". Victim of his own stupid perhaps. You latch on to a moving car, you're going to die. Pretty simple. Posthumous Darwin Award for him and an honorary mention for you.

TenPenny

Feel free to figure out who is the victim, and of what.

Retired_Can_Soldier

How was he a victim? If anything he was an assailant killed in the commission of a crime.

Quote: Originally Posted by mentalfloss View Post

Is this the part where I get to say 'sour grapes' ?

Nope, no sour grapes. The people have spoken.

mentalfloss

Nope, no sour grapes. The people have spoken.

Not really. If they did, he wouldn't have as much of a lead.

bill barilko
A classic example of a bloodthirsty mob of internet miscreants-I've taken a screen shot for posterity.

TenPenny

A classic example of a bloodthirsty mob of internet miscreants-I've taken a screen shot for posterity.

Take a screen shot of you explaining who is a victim, and of what.

DurkaDurka
+1

You're such a whiny douche.

Retired_Can_Soldier

So you have no counter argument then?

CDNBear

Does murder make you Happy?

Who was murdered?

Your point?

So you have no counter argument then?

That's a given.