Michael Bryant putting out a book


Locutus
#1
Set aside your pennies if you want kids.


Or you could read a good book like The Equinox instead.





Michael Bryant book to tell his 'descent into a kind of hell'




TORONTO - Michael Bryant’s take on what it’s like to face prosecution by a system you once ran is coming to a bookstore near you.
The former Ontario attorney general never did face trial after being charged with criminal negligence causing death after a confrontation with cyclist D’Arcy Sheppard — the case was dropped — but the experience will be chronicled by Bryant in a planned book called 28 Seconds.


“There is an untold story within this tragedy, and I wanted to share that story. It’s important to pass along lessons learned regarding our justice system. I’m ready to speak to these very personal issues,” Bryant said in a media release Monday.
But he’s not ready to speak just yet.




more...


Michael Bryant book to tell his 'descent into a kind of hell' | Ontario | News | Toronto Sun
 
Retired_Can_Soldier
+3
#2
He really did go through an ordeal. I remember all those unbiased Torontonians ready to BBQ him without the facts.

And Keith, if ever I can afford a publicist you get the job.
 
DurkaDurka
#3
Quote: Originally Posted by Retired_Can_Soldier View Post

He really did go through an ordeal. I remember all those unbiased Torontonians ready to BBQ him without the facts.

He had his defenders too, it was mostly the anarchist bicycle squad that wanted him lynched. I'm not about to shed a tear for his ordeal though, he has far more access to resources to defend him self then lets say you or I would have.
 
bill barilko
#4
He's a swine-pure and simple.
 
CDNBear
#5
Quote: Originally Posted by bill barilko View Post

He's a swine-pure and simple.

Why?
 
TenPenny
+1
#6
He must be a swine, because those bicycle couriers never get upset at normal citizens, they never try to run you down on the sidewalk, or treat everyone as if they're obstacles to be pushed out of the way.
 
Retired_Can_Soldier
#7
Quote: Originally Posted by DurkaDurka View Post

He had his defenders too, it was mostly the anarchist bicycle squad that wanted him lynched. I'm not about to shed a tear for his ordeal though, he has far more access to resources to defend him self then lets say you or I would have.

Yes he has more resources, but this also happened on his wedding anniversary and those defending him I say Kudo's, now check the next quote.

Quote: Originally Posted by bill barilko View Post

He's a swine-pure and simple.

Simple illustrates your understanding of the event in question.

Quote: Originally Posted by TenPenny View Post

He must be a swine, because those bicycle couriers never get upset at normal citizens, they never try to run you down on the sidewalk, or treat everyone as if they're obstacles to be pushed out of the way.

Don't go confusing him with facts.
 
mentalfloss
#8
Quote: Originally Posted by TenPenny View Post

He must be a swine, because those bicycle couriers never get upset at normal citizens, they never try to run you down on the sidewalk, or treat everyone as if they're obstacles to be pushed out of the way.

 
bill barilko
#9
I see I'm the only city cyclist on this thread-to be expected.
 
TenPenny
+2
#10
Quote: Originally Posted by bill barilko View Post

I see I'm the only city cyclist on this thread-to be expected.

What is obvious that you don't believe cyclists have to follow any laws, or that cyclists could ever do anything wrong.
 
Retired_Can_Soldier
#11
Quote: Originally Posted by bill barilko View Post

I see I'm the only city cyclist on this thread-to be expected.

Being a cyclist has nothing to do with what happened in this case other than the guy on the bike was hopped up on drugs and would not relent for three blocks.. If that's how you view things, maybe you oughta park your bike.
 
55Mercury
#12
I haven't liked the guy since he banned pitbulls (you know that's just a stone's throw from being a racist?) , so I think he deserves heaps of scorn for his every misadventure or over-reaction.
Last edited by 55Mercury; Oct 18th, 2011 at 08:06 AM..Reason: aye caint speil
 
Retired_Can_Soldier
#13
Quote: Originally Posted by 55Mercury View Post

I haven't liked the guy since he banned pitbulls (you know that's just a stone's throw from being a racist?) , so I think he deserve heaps of scorn for his every misadventure or over-reaction.

Policy is one thing, this was another. Though I'll likely never own one, I agree the Pit-Bull thing was stupid.
 
DurkaDurka
+4
#14  Top Rated Post
Quote: Originally Posted by bill barilko View Post

I see I'm the only city cyclist on this thread-to be expected.

I'm a city cyclist, doesn't mean I have to support drunken fools attacking people while riding their bike.
 
mentalfloss
#15
Quote: Originally Posted by DurkaDurka View Post

I'm a city cyclist, doesn't mean I have to support drunken fools attacking people while riding their bike.

To be fair, Bryant looks like a pretty evil s hit.

 
Retired_Can_Soldier
#16
Quote: Originally Posted by mentalfloss View Post

To be fair, Bryant looks like a pretty evil s hit.

So does this guy
 
mentalfloss
#17
Quote: Originally Posted by Retired_Can_Soldier View Post

So does this guy

Is this the part where I get to say 'sour grapes' ?
 
bill barilko
#18
It sure doesn't take much to bring out the bloodthirsty old ignoramuses on this board-they've never met a victim they didn't love to blame.
 
CDNBear
#19
Quote: Originally Posted by bill barilko View Post

It sure doesn't take much to bring out the bloodthirsty old ignoramuses on this board-they've never met a victim they didn't love to blame.

Awww, what's wrong Billy? Finding it hard to formulate a reasoned argument?
 
bill barilko
#20
Quote: Originally Posted by CDNBear View Post

Awww, what's wrong Billy? Finding it hard to formulate a reasoned argument?

Does murder make you Happy?

(Don't answer-we know the answer...)
 
DurkaDurka
+3
#21
Quote: Originally Posted by bill barilko View Post

It sure doesn't take much to bring out the bloodthirsty old ignoramuses on this board-they've never met a victim they didn't love to blame.


haha, It's hilarious that you think the guy Bryan hit was a "victim". Victim of his own stupid perhaps. You latch on to a moving car, you're going to die. Pretty simple. Posthumous Darwin Award for him and an honorary mention for you.
 
TenPenny
#22
Quote: Originally Posted by bill barilko View Post

It sure doesn't take much to bring out the bloodthirsty old ignoramuses on this board-they've never met a victim they didn't love to blame.

Feel free to figure out who is the victim, and of what.
 
Retired_Can_Soldier
#23
Quote: Originally Posted by bill barilko View Post

It sure doesn't take much to bring out the bloodthirsty old ignoramuses on this board-they've never met a victim they didn't love to blame.

How was he a victim? If anything he was an assailant killed in the commission of a crime.

Quote: Originally Posted by mentalfloss View Post

Is this the part where I get to say 'sour grapes' ?

Nope, no sour grapes. The people have spoken.
 
mentalfloss
#24
Quote: Originally Posted by Retired_Can_Soldier View Post

Nope, no sour grapes. The people have spoken.

Not really. If they did, he wouldn't have as much of a lead.
 
bill barilko
#25
A classic example of a bloodthirsty mob of internet miscreants-I've taken a screen shot for posterity.
 
TenPenny
#26
Quote: Originally Posted by bill barilko View Post

A classic example of a bloodthirsty mob of internet miscreants-I've taken a screen shot for posterity.

Take a screen shot of you explaining who is a victim, and of what.
 
DurkaDurka
+1
#27
Quote: Originally Posted by bill barilko View Post

A classic example of a bloodthirsty mob of internet miscreants-I've taken a screen shot for posterity.

You're such a whiny douche.
 
Retired_Can_Soldier
#28
Quote: Originally Posted by bill barilko View Post

A classic example of a bloodthirsty mob of internet miscreants-I've taken a screen shot for posterity.

So you have no counter argument then?
 
CDNBear
#29
Quote: Originally Posted by bill barilko View Post

Does murder make you Happy?

Who was murdered?

Quote: Originally Posted by bill barilko View Post

A classic example of a bloodthirsty mob of internet miscreants-I've taken a screen shot for posterity.

Your point?

Quote: Originally Posted by Retired_Can_Soldier View Post

So you have no counter argument then?

That's a given.
 

Similar Threads

45
Justice in Michael Bryant case
by CDNBear | May 28th, 2010