105.6 degrees

Hoid
It's funny how I revert to imperial measures for natural measurements like speed and temperature and rainfall. Average national daily max temperature in Australia was 105.6. That's for the entire country (continent?)They set a record and they might beat it today. They have also endured a year of fire and poor air quality. I hope they get some relief soon. Temperatures that high are a hazard to life.

Most helpful post: The members here have rated this post as best reply.
captain morgan
+6
#2  Top Rated Post
That is hilarious... The only thing funnier is your blind faith in anthropogenic global warming

petros
+5
Nothing new.

And it happened with 280ppm of CO2...

petros
+4
Quote: Originally Posted by captain morgan View Post

That is hilarious... The only thing funnier is your blind faith in anthropogenic global warming

Same day 119 years ago it hit 114F

Hoid
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by petros View Post

Same day 119 years ago it hit 114F

In a single place.

This is a national average.

I think I have already pointed out that science is not your forte

petros
+4
Read the article and why did it take me just minutes to shit on your Oz AGW BS?

petros
+2
Its been hotter. 10F hotter.

petros
+3

All without CO2...

petros
+4
Where did you go Natty Daddy?

Jinentonix
+5
Quote: Originally Posted by Hoid View Post

In a single place.

This is a national average.

I think I have already pointed out that science is not your forte

Since when did advocacy science become science? Why, I can tell you. It happened the day that leftist dregs decided that 32% was actually 97%.

So tell us Hoid, why would the IPCC admit that all their climate modeling was worthless? According to their own models the world is supposed to be 4 degrees warmer than it is right now.
Why are countries like Norway, the UK, the US, Mexico and Brazil allowed to have viable oil industries but Canada isn't?

Why do precious few of our leftist politicians actually own an EV for their personal vehicle while the big wigs regularly fly around the world in private jets to climate summits to wring their hands about the "state of the climate"? And why are actual scientists never invited to those summits?

Even some of the broadcasters and programming that have pushed the AGW angle for a while now are distancing themselves from that original assessment.

But there's another problem. The leftist penchant for intentionally misstating what someone else said. Something you do routinely in here. The argument has never been about whether climate change is real or not. It's always been about the assertion that humans are the primary cause. But since you idiots don't have any actual facts to back your claims, other than charts that show warming but show nothing of the human component that's supposed to be behind it, all you can do is impotently scream "Climate change denier" while implying that you have vastly superior knowledge of science. When in fact all you do is read your bias-confirming media sources for your "science" knowledge.

petros
+1
When the S02 crisis which was very real hit, atmospheric sciences knew full well after reductions of S02 there would be a temporary spike in temperatures.

Hoid
+1
I think you should stick to sharing your special feelings abut immigrants and islam and indians and stuff like that.

petros
+2
Is that the best you can do? Prove me wrong Natty Daddy. Why haven't you taken the $500 up for grabs that I'm offering? It should be easy money right? What's the hold up?

http://forums.canadiancontent.net/sh...d.php?t=165411
Last edited by petros; Dec 18th, 2019 at 02:42 PM..

captain morgan
+2
Yes sir.. He sure got awfully quiet, awfully fast

petros
+1
You can't fight empirical data.

VIBC
+1

Is that the best you can do? Prove me wrong Natty Daddy. Why haven't you taken the $500 up for grabs that I'm offering? It should be easy money right? What's the hold up?

Why is it that so many - actually most, people on here seem capable of only childish sneers and insults directed at others; unable or unwilling to engage in intelligent or informative discussion of real issues? What strange psychological disorder motivates them?

petros
+3
Real science is a childish sneer?

Are you capable of taking home the $500 up for grabs or you can only sneer and say "denier" as proof?

captain morgan
+3

You are correct, however, when the data sets do not support your premise, well, much easier to manipulate the data as opposed to fight a losing position.

East Anglia University taught us that

VIBC

Definition of empirical

1 : originating in or based on observation or experience

2 : relying on experience or observation alone often without due regard for system and theory

3 : capable of being verified or disproved by observation or experiment

petros
+2
All known data is empirical and verifiable, climate change is theoretical.

No challenge to grab the $500?

Blackleaf
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by Hoid View Post

It's funny how I revert to imperial measures for natural measurements like speed and temperature and rainfall. Average national daily max temperature in Australia was 105.6. That's for the entire country (continent?)They set a record and they might beat it today. They have also endured a year of fire and poor air quality. I hope they get some relief soon. Temperatures that high are a hazard to life.

Imperial measures are based on everyday, easy to understand things, like a foot being the approximate length of an adult human foot - which is why humanity has been using them for millennia. They're not based on scientific things like the amount of times a cesium atom oscillates every Planck length of time. It's why Imperial measures are also the best -
they are the natural, most logical, measures for humans to use in their day to day lives.

Brexit will ensure that Britain no longer has to use metric.

petros
+1
It's not International nor is it consistent.

Blackleaf
+1
By the way, people need to realise that Australia is hot. So hot, in fact, that most people live around the edge, on the coast. Look on a map: that's where all its big cities - Sydney, Brisbane, Adelaide, Melbourne, Perth - are. The interior is nothing but harsh, sweltering, searing, deadly desert - even in winter.

VIBC

All known data is empirical

Known (ie proved) is the opposite of empirical.
Verifiable is speculative, as opposed to Verified.

Quote:

No challenge to grab the $500?

Buy yourself a one-way ticket to (XXcensored)

petros
+1
The only thing you proved is your lack of education.

empirical: based on, concerned with, or verified by observation or experience. analytical: based on analysis or logic. ... The empirical distribution for a random variable based on a finite set of observations gives each observed value the probability consisting of the fraction of observations that have that value.Mar 11, 2018
https://math.stackexchange.com

NZDoug
+1
Quote:

"Tuesday 17th December 2019 was Australia's hottest day on record at 40.9 C,

No it wasn't. It was the hottest day on record post 1951. "The record" only goes back to 1951.
Last edited by petros; Dec 18th, 2019 at 10:56 PM..

VIBC
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by NZDoug View Post

No it wasn't. It was the hottest day on record post 1951. "The record" only goes back to 1951.

Just to be picky, NZ; pedantic even: Wouldn't that make it the hottest day on record? .

taxslave
+3
Quote: Originally Posted by VIBC View Post

Why is it that so many - actually most, people on here seem capable of only childish sneers and insults directed at others; unable or unwilling to engage in intelligent or informative discussion of real issues? What strange psychological disorder motivates them?

It is really difficult to carry on an intelligent conversation with a cult follower.They really need to be deprogrammed first.

taxslave
+2
Quote: Originally Posted by Blackleaf View Post

Imperial measures are based on everyday, easy to understand things, like a foot being the approximate length of an adult human foot - which is why humanity has been using them for millennia. They're not based on scientific things like the amount of times a cesium atom oscillates every Planck length of time. It's why Imperial measures are also the best -
they are the natural, most logical, measures for humans to use in their day to day lives.
Brexit will ensure that Britain no longer has to use metric.

Doubtful if you wish to trade with the rest of the world.

Hoid
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by VIBC View Post

What so you think it is?

I was really only talking about having a little sympathy for Australia because they are having a hard time of it right now.

Never mentioned science or climate change or anything like that - other than the way i revert to imperial measures for natural events like snowfall or rainfall. I need to get the data in inches for it to be really understandable. I even do it with gas and speed.