Cindy Sheehan goes after Obama

EagleSmack
Sorry Cindy...the Liberals and Democrats got what they wanted out of you.

The Point: Cindy Sheehan Obama Vacation

strange
No Party Affiliation
I'm sure that her initial intention was admirable but now she is nothing but an opportunist.

Kreskin
If my kid died in a war fighting for Bush/Cheney you would never hear the end of me either.

EagleSmack
Quote: Originally Posted by strange View Post

I'm sure that her initial intention was admirable but now she is nothing but an opportunist.

Why is that? because she is going after Obama and the Democrats?

EagleSmack
Quote: Originally Posted by Kreskin View Post

If my kid died in a war fighting for Bush/Cheney you would never hear the end of me either.

She's going after Obama now.

darkbeaver
Republican
She has way more balls and integrity than the puppet, Strings Obama. She is the president America can never have.

Kreskin
Quote: Originally Posted by EagleSmack View Post

She's going after Obama now.

I wouldn't care who was President. I'd be angry for life.

Colpy
Conservative

I wouldn't care who was President. I'd be angry for life.

Exactly.

One can only pity her.

But her rage does not legitimate her cause.....

#juan
No Party Affiliation
Quote: Originally Posted by Colpy View Post

Exactly.

One can only pity her.

But her rage does not legitimize her cause.....

What was bush's reason for attacking Iraq again? I remember....It was something about "weapons of mass destruction"......No. It was because Saddam led the attacks on 9/11...No. It was something else entirely....Bush just felt like it...

Her cause is legitimate because Bush and Chaney were not....

Polygong
What I would like to know is when the children of her critics started their tour of duty in Iraq.

catman
Good for her!

EagleSmack
Quote: Originally Posted by #juan View Post

What was bush's reason for attacking Iraq again? I remember....It was something about "weapons of mass destruction"......No. It was because Saddam led the attacks on 9/11...No. It was something else entirely....Bush just felt like it...

Her cause is legitimate because Bush and Chaney were not....

Bush was a fool for hanging his hat on WMD's. He should have listed a number of reasons but he put all his eggs in one basket.

One thing I do remember was for years the Democrats critisized Bush Sr. for not going in during Desert Storm saying that the US will have to go in some day. When that "some day" came they were all up in arms.

As I have said before I thought we pulled the trigger to fast on Iraq but once we were committed we had to see it through.
Last edited by EagleSmack; Aug 19th, 2009 at 08:43 AM..

TenPenny

One thing I do remember was for years the Democrats critisized Bush Sr. for not going in during Desert Storm saying that the US will have to go in some day. When that "some day" came they were all up in arms.

Possibly because his justification was weak/non-existent, or summed up as 'the PNAC people who run the Republican Party told me to do it', and he timed it when it was quite obvious that Saddam was becoming less and less of a threat to anyone except himself.

EagleSmack
Quote: Originally Posted by TenPenny View Post

Possibly because his justification was weak/non-existent, or summed up as 'the PNAC people who run the Republican Party told me to do it', and he timed it when it was quite obvious that Saddam was becoming less and less of a threat to anyone except himself.

I don't agree with that. He was not really a threat to the US but he surely wasn't a threat to himself. If it wasn't for the US invasion he would surely be in power to this day.

TenPenny

I don't agree with that. He was not really a threat to the US but he surely wasn't a threat to himself. If it wasn't for the US invasion he would surely be in power to this day.

So, there were no WMDs, and Saddam wasn't a threat to the US.

Justification was / is what again?

EagleSmack
Quote: Originally Posted by TenPenny View Post

So, there were no WMDs, and Saddam wasn't a threat to the US.

Justification was / is what again?

Well like I said a couple of posts ago. He hinged the whole thing on WMD's. Not too bright. There are a whole list of reasons he could have listed but he chose WMD's. He could have listed the UN Violations, expulsion of UN inspectors, etc. But Bush chose WMD's alone and that was not to smart. Look how it bit him in the butt. You may/would not agree to these reasons (if he gave) them but at least he wouldn't have had it haunt him as the sole reason for invasion.

Cliffy
Free Thinker
And it had nothing to do with the billions that Cheney and his friends have made from the invasion. Haliburton have made out like bandits at the expense of the Iraqi people. Bush was just a dumb fall guy for Cheney.

Ron in Regina
Free Thinker
Not many saints are attracted to Federal Politics....

EagleSmack
Quote: Originally Posted by Cliffy View Post

And it had nothing to do with the billions that Cheney and his friends have made from the invasion. Haliburton have made out like bandits at the expense of the Iraqi people. Bush was just a dumb fall guy for Cheney.

Yeah...enriching Haliburton and Cheney was the real reason for the Iraq War.

gopher
No Party Affiliation
+1
#20  Top Rated Post
''Bush was a fool for hanging his hat on WMD's. He should have listed a number of reasons but he put all his eggs in one basket''

He did - remember? He said afterwards that it was to promote democratization and for nation building. But, of course, we all know it was about oil.

Kreskin

Well like I said a couple of posts ago. He hinged the whole thing on WMD's. Not too bright. There are a whole list of reasons he could have listed but he chose WMD's. He could have listed the UN Violations, expulsion of UN inspectors, etc. But Bush chose WMD's alone and that was not to smart. Look how it bit him in the butt. You may/would not agree to these reasons (if he gave) them but at least he wouldn't have had it haunt him as the sole reason for invasion.

He didn't chose UN violations because it would need a UN vote, and everyone at the UN knew Powell and his team were making stuff up to create a war.

Nuggler
Quote: Originally Posted by strange View Post

Absolutely: Let some tin pot dictator like George W Bush start a phony war for a phony cause, kill a million or so people, have Obabmawamma keep it going, and the right thing to do is just cheer and suck it up. Wave the fukkin flag.

I'd say you're a complete idiot, but we're not supposed to call names.

China, this is Strange. Strange, China. You two should be buddies.

EagleSmack
Quote: Originally Posted by gopher View Post

''Bush was a fool for hanging his hat on WMD's. He should have listed a number of reasons but he put all his eggs in one basket''

He did - remember? He said afterwards that it was to promote democratization and for nation building. But, of course, we all know it was about oil.

To the Liberal every war is about oil. Same ol' song and dance.

EagleSmack

He didn't chose UN violations because it would need a UN vote, and everyone at the UN knew Powell and his team were making stuff up to create a war.

Bush would not have needed a UN Vote to use UN violations as one of many reasons to invade Iraq.

Kreskin

Bush would not have needed a UN Vote to use UN violations as one of many reasons to invade Iraq.

He did use a shotgun approach of reasons in the last couple of weeks leading up to it. WMD's. Terrorism. Evil. Pure Evil. But the UN violations were a hard sell because the UN didn't support a war.

EagleSmack

He did use a shotgun approach of reasons in the last couple of weeks leading up to it. WMD's. Terrorism. Evil. Pure Evil. But the UN violations were a hard sell because the UN didn't support a war.

I guess my point was there were a whole bunch of reasons he could have listed. He was obviously going to invade regardless of the UN. However he listed just one reason...that was dumb.

#juan
No Party Affiliation

Have you forgotten that Iraq was bombed almost daily for the twelve years leading up to the U.S. invasion? The infrastructure, water, sewer, electrical power, of virtually every city in Iraq was destroyed.

The UN would never have sanctioned an invasion. That is why Bush prodded the North Atlantic Treaty Organization into a war ten thousand miles away. Bush set out to destroy Iraq and lynch Saddam, and he accomplished that. Saddam was an S.O.B., but was he worse than the Saudi royal family, or Bush for that matter?

EagleSmack
Quote: Originally Posted by #juan View Post

Have you forgotten that Iraq was bombed almost daily for the twelve years leading up to the U.S. invasion? The infrastructure, water, sewer, electrical power, of virtually every city in Iraq was destroyed.

C'mon Juan...it wasn't bombed daily. You know it wasn't.

Quote:

The UN would never have sanctioned an invasion. That is why Bush prodded the North Atlantic Treaty Organization into a war ten thousand miles away. Bush set out to destroy Iraq and lynch Saddam, and he accomplished that. Saddam was an S.O.B., but was he worse than the Saudi royal family, or Bush for that matter?

Of course they wouldn't sanction an invasion. They just like to squawk and sit around and watch massacres happen.

And by the way... it wasn't a NATO invasion. The illegal NATO invasion was against Serbia.

Yes Sadam was worse than Bush and the Saud family.

Cliffy
Free Thinker

To the Liberal every war is about oil. Same ol' song and dance.

And the patriot is blinded to the truth. Oil and corporate profits are the reasons for the war, not to mention that the first act of the invading army was to loot one of the oldest and most valuable treasures of the world, the Baghdad Museum.

EagleSmack
Quote: Originally Posted by Cliffy View Post

And the patriot is blinded to the truth. Oil and corporate profits are the reasons for the war,

Oh please!

Quote:

not to mention that the first act of the invading army was to loot one of the oldest and most valuable treasures of the world, the Baghdad Museum.

Everyone knows it was the Canadians that looted the Baghdad Museum.