Cindy Sheehan QUITS

EagleSmack
http://www.cnn.com/2007/US/05/28/sheehan/index.html

I told you... I TOLD YOU!

I predicted this a long time ago. Once the Democrats win Congress Cindy Sheehan will be pushed to the back burner and ignored. With the Dems it was never about Iraq it was only about winning the election. If Cindy pulled on enough heart strings in America that was good enough for them. But once they won and she asked for results that they could not achieve the Liberals stuffed her away as they always do.
Last edited by EagleSmack; May 30th, 2007 at 02:43 AM..

gc
She is apparently exhausted. She deserves a break, she did her best.

Kreskin
No matter what the result, I give her credit for having the courage to do what she did.

gc
I agree.

talloola
No Party Affiliation
I agree as well. I can't imagine the feeling a parent must have when their son/daughter is killed.
Then she put all of her energy in her protest for the war. Good for her, and now she deserves to
step back and rest, and return to her own life.

EagleSmack
She was used. That is MY point. She dealt with her pain the way she felt was right and the liberals and democrats took advantage of her. Once they won and she wanted them to keep their promise they ignored her.

She is more than exhausted...she feels betrayed by the democrats. She is right.

Unforgiven
She made her waves and that's a good thing. That some political party capitalized on it, and now doesn't have much interest once elected is only par for the course.

gopher
No Party Affiliation
+1
#8  Top Rated Post
Quote: Originally Posted by gc View Post

Precisely - on top of all that she has gotten numerous threats from the pro war advocates who seem intent on harassing people who are only exercising their Constitutional right of free speech. She has done a great job in the interest of traditional American values and deserves the Nobel Prize for her work.

gopher
No Party Affiliation
+1
``she feels betrayed by the democrats``

I bet she won't be voting Republican any time soon.

thomaska
Who cares? She was a non-factor when she began and still is. Not to mention her son would probably be embarrassed by her hysterics, and her actions whilst being a puppet for the lunatic fringe of the Democratic party. All the while, self admittidley neglecting her remaining family members.

I mean really, her son dies doing what he wanted to do and the next thing you know dear old mom is kissing Hugo Chavez' ass. Nice. Good riddance to her.

Unforgiven
Quote: Originally Posted by thomaska View Post

Who cares? She was a non-factor when she began and still is. Not to mention her son would probably be embarrassed by her hysterics, and her actions whilst being a puppet for the lunatic fringe of the Democratic party. All the while, self admittidley neglecting her remaining family members.

I mean really, her son dies doing what he wanted to do and the next thing you know dear old mom is kissing Hugo Chavez' ass. Nice. Good riddance to her.

Theres that compassionate conservatism we've all heard about.

Dreadful Nonsense
Quote: Originally Posted by gc View Post

I aggree.What do you want from her anyway? She lost her son in a bid to control oil by throwing a country into confusion.Outraged she made a lot of parents feel that someone was doing the right thing for their dead children.
She did a lot and I don't think she wanted to become a politician out of it,just try to bring an awareness.
Eaglesmack I wasn't here but maybe it's not in their interest now to become totally antiwar to be elected.

EagleSmack
Quote: Originally Posted by gopher View Post

``she feels betrayed by the democrats``

I bet she won't be voting Republican any time soon.

Probably not... but she has accused the Democrats for caving in and abandoning the very people that got them elected. I doubt she will vote for them.

EagleSmack
Quote: Originally Posted by Unforgiven View Post

Oh and the liberals have shown her SO MUCH compassion haven't they? Once they got elected and she came to them wanting them to (eee gads) keep their promise of getting out of Iraq they push her away and ignore her. The media, the politicians, the Democratic political action teams that hauled her out in front of every camera leading up to the election suddenly dismiss her.

"So long Cindy... we got what we want... Now go away and be quiet."

Liberal compassion at its best.

EagleSmack
Quote: Originally Posted by DocDred View Post

I aggree.What do you want from her anyway? She lost her son in a bid to control oil by throwing a country into confusion.Outraged she made a lot of parents feel that someone was doing the right thing for their dead children.
She did a lot and I don't think she wanted to become a politician out of it,just try to bring an awareness.
Eaglesmack I wasn't here but maybe it's not in their interest now to become totally antiwar to be elected.

She did a lot? Tell me...how so? All she did was abandon her family on this silly crusade and stain the memory of her son.

She outraged a lot of parents who lost their sons and daughters but you didn't hear from them too much. They were buried on Page 7 of the newspapers so to speak.

She brought awareness? Come on now. As if nobody knew there was a war on and it was unpopular.

She blew her son's death benefit and bought land in Crawford TX for Camp Casey, named for her son. Money that she could have used for her surviving children that she abandoned. Before the election it was filled daily with liberal supporters and Democratic Pols running for election. Now it is all but vacant. And now she has put it up for sale!

thomaska

I haven't heard about it. Are there actually conservatives giving you moonbats some quarter somewhere?

jimmoyer
Cindy Sheehan's political naivete and psychological naivete hurt the anti-war cause.

Not used to that public attention, such a spotlight grew on her --- the worse thing for a naive and weak ego, or for someone who just found meaning for her life in this crusade.

The anti-war crowd should have thought more about her as a person instead of as a tool.

And they would have helped their own cause in being more thoughtful.

We cyber lounge chair political junkies are immortal behind a keyboard, but not being seasoned in the rough world of politics we all would suddenly look like the fool somehow some way.

The more seasoned types should have thought more of her welfare than parade her about.

Indubitably !

Unforgiven

I haven't heard about it. Are there actually conservatives giving you moonbats some quarter somewhere?

Some people hear only what they want to hear. Others just never listen.

Unforgiven
Quote: Originally Posted by EagleSmack View Post

Oh and the liberals have shown her SO MUCH compassion haven't they? Once they got elected and she came to them wanting them to (eee gads) keep their promise of getting out of Iraq they push her away and ignore her. The media, the politicians, the Democratic political action teams that hauled her out in front of every camera leading up to the election suddenly dismiss her.

"So long Cindy... we got what we want... Now go away and be quiet."

Liberal compassion at its best.

Well it is a step closer to compassion than the "F OFF AND DIE BIOTCH" that has been the standard response to her, what she has to say and the sorrow for the loss of her son from the Republican/Neoconfederate throw backs that started the war and this whole problem off in the first place.

Though I agree, for what passes for liberalism in the US, this is probably the best she can expect.

EagleSmack
Quote: Originally Posted by jimmoyer View Post

Cindy Sheehan's political naivete and psychological naivete hurt the anti-war cause.

Not used to that public attention, such a spotlight grew on her --- the worse thing for a naive and weak ego, or for someone who just found meaning for her life in this crusade.

The anti-war crowd should have thought more about her as a person instead of as a tool.

And they would have helped their own cause in being more thoughtful.

We cyber lounge chair political junkies are immortal behind a keyboard, but not being seasoned in the rough world of politics we all would suddenly look like the fool somehow some way.

The more seasoned types should have thought more of her welfare than parade her about.

Indubitably !

I agree Jim. But with Liberals it is all about the win and getting elected. Cindy's pain and passion meant nothing to them. As long as she helped them reach their goal in some way that was all they wanted.

The same with the anti-war movement. The anti-war movement is no more than the Anti-GOP/Bush movement. Anti-War protests in the US are few and far between now and are sparcely attended.

Now why is that? The war still goes on. Hmmmm. Perhaps it is because the Democrats are now in control of both houses of congress and any critisism aimed at the US Govt. they, the Dems, now have to share blame and responsibility. They have been whining and complaining for 12 years of their inability to stop the GOP because the GOP held both houses and the Executive Office. It was MUCH easier for them back then. Now the dog has caught the car and it doesn't know what to do with it.

With that said they realized Cindy REALLY DID want the troops home. She REALLY DID want them to keep their promise. When they didn't do it she spoke out against the newly elected Democrats.

THAT is a "No No". "Bad girl Cindy... now go away and be silent. We, the Liberal Elite and Liberal Media will take it from here... go home"

Talk about being used.

EagleSmack

Well it is a step closer to compassion than the "F OFF AND DIE BIOTCH" that has been the standard response to her, what she has to say and the sorrow for the loss of her son from the Republican/Neoconfederate throw backs that started the war and this whole problem off in the first place.

Though I agree, for what passes for liberalism in the US, this is probably the best she can expect.

Oh and Conservatives are the only ones who use vial language? All of the taunts that people who support the troops have to go through and that includes other Gold Star Mothers. Liberals are more vial in their protests. How about this sign I read from a SF anti-war protest

WE SUPPORT THE TROOPS... THAT SHOOT THEIR OFFICERS

Yes..officers don't have mothers, wives etc. Liberal Compassion.

At least the opponents of Cindy let her know where they stood. The anti-war movement (i.e liberals and democrats) betrayed her.

jimmoyer
Good points Eaglesmack on the Left using Sheehan and spitting her out when she criticized their inability to follow up, but even her criticism of the Democrats was naive, because that party and the Republicans are truly grappling with what might happen when we leave.

I've turned against this war. What finally snapped for me was the Baghdad government considering taking 2 months right during the heart of "The Surge." That was out of synch. That was a bit of bad reality to consider ---- just before September when Ramadan begins.

I was wrong buying into Rumsfeld's argument that we didn't have an AFTERMATH plan when enterring WWII or WWI. The White House really should not have been so derisive in dismissing very good questions BEFORE THE WAR posed by the ever mouthy Joe Biden. But it turns out, they were honest questions. Worthwhile questions. Important questions. Questions to pause over.

You're right about the Left being careless about our troops and maybe spoiling for political advantage at the cost to all Americans and the West, but the Left is correct about some things: notably the hubris involved prior to this war. I voted for Bush.

Sheehan can hardly represent the depth of feeling on this subject because of her political and psychological naivete.

Unforgiven
Quote: Originally Posted by EagleSmack View Post

Oh and Conservatives are the only ones who use vial language? All of the taunts that people who support the troops have to go through and that includes other Gold Star Mothers. Liberals are more vial in their protests. How about this sign I read from a SF anti-war protest

WE SUPPORT THE TROOPS... THAT SHOOT THEIR OFFICERS

Yes..officers don't have mothers, wives etc. Liberal Compassion.

At least the opponents of Cindy let her know where they stood. The anti-war movement (i.e liberals and democrats) betrayed her.

Heh heh yes the were very vocal about how they felt. Bless their bleating hearts. Wasn't "We Support The Troops ... That Shoot Their Officers" one of Kerry's campaign slogans? I mean sure it's on every bumper of every blue state suv and minivan alike but that doesn't mean it's everywhere. Face it, the Liberals just want it more.

Something I've noticed that started with you neocons, but spread like a foot fungus in a highschool locker room, is the cold hearted, no boundry personal attacks on anyone with a different opinion, and then complaining about how all the liberal media and democrats are just mean and say uncalled for things all the time. (hello Ann Coulter)

But maybe the point Cindy Sheehan has made is that this America doesn't deserve the dedication and comittment that those who are willing to fight and die to preserve an ideology. One that is under attack more from within than from any other threat to the US.

Dreadful Nonsense

Heh heh yes the were very vocal about how they felt. Bless their bleating hearts. Wasn't "We Support The Troops ... That Shoot Their Officers" one of Kerry's campaign slogans? I mean sure it's on every bumper of every blue state suv and minivan alike but that doesn't mean it's everywhere. Face it, the Liberals just want it more.

Something I've noticed that started with you neocons, but spread like a foot fungus in a highschool locker room, is the cold hearted, no boundry personal attacks on anyone with a different opinion, and then complaining about how all the liberal media and democrats are just mean and say uncalled for things all the time. (hello Ann Coulter)

But maybe the point Cindy Sheehan has made is that this America doesn't deserve the dedication and comittment that those who are willing to fight and die to preserve an ideology. One that is under attack more from within than from any other threat to the US.

Go get em unfy do.You will soon find out he's quoting from Canadian rag editorials. Not much of his own ideas.
Now I must say Eaglesmack and unfy are gonna be busy. But keep in mind yer mostly talking to the last few days newspaper editorials...LOL!!!!

Dreadful Nonsense
In all fairness this neoliberal unfydo we all love and adore does get most of his inspiration from a steady diet of booze as he posted in another thread. We're all proud of our neoliberals in Canada who grunt and groan inbetween belches at our means to remain free and safe.

Zzarchov
in less than one page what she was trying to say was flat out ignored and twisted for political points.

The main problem with US politics, which is infecting Canada, is that it has stopped having anything to do with politics and has become more like people arguing over your favourite sports team. You pick a team and root for it, no matter what.

It doesn't matter what they stand for, or what they do, or what the other guy stands for or what they do. What matters is your team needs to win, then you can take your shirt off and smear red or blue paint letters on your chest with all your buddies and cheer about winning, maybe wave a foam "We're #1!" hand around.

And if you think the lure of money and power combined with the most abusable political system (which is fairly common around the world, its how despotisms form) don't breed corruption from everybody you are insane.

What you have here is breeding ground for Despotism, nobody involved (either in power of voting for them) wants anything bad to happen, but they have created a pool ripe for it to occur when some nutball does grab the opportunity laid out before him and do something ACTUALLY bad.

gc

You think her son wanted to be lied to?

EagleSmack
Quote: Originally Posted by Zzarchov View Post

in less than one page what she was trying to say was flat out ignored and twisted for political points.

The main problem with US politics, which is infecting Canada, is that it has stopped having anything to do with politics and has become more like people arguing over your favourite sports team. You pick a team and root for it, no matter what.

It doesn't matter what they stand for, or what they do, or what the other guy stands for or what they do. What matters is your team needs to win, then you can take your shirt off and smear red or blue paint letters on your chest with all your buddies and cheer about winning, maybe wave a foam "We're #1!" hand around.

And if you think the lure of money and power combined with the most abusable political system (which is fairly common around the world, its how despotisms form) don't breed corruption from everybody you are insane.

What you have here is breeding ground for Despotism, nobody involved (either in power of voting for them) wants anything bad to happen, but they have created a pool ripe for it to occur when some nutball does grab the opportunity laid out before him and do something ACTUALLY bad.

This is so true. There was a great book written by a Democrat that speaks to this exact issue called "Why Americans Hate Politics".

It isn't about what is good for the country, it is about beating the other side. A good example is NAFTA. NAFTA was promoted by the Republicans for many years before Clinton came to office. The Democrats vehemently opposed NAFTA. However once Clinton came into office and threw his support to NAFTA it suddenly was a great idea to ALL Democrats. Same plan, same everything... but the difference was that it was supported by a Dem President and the Democrat controlled Congress got onboard.

On the other hand when the Clinton Administration was bombing Yugoslavia and the Serb Govt. into the Stone Age war was a pretty good thing! The GOP opposed it. Not many anti-war demonstrations either which shows that anti-war protestors are typically Liberal Dems. So an illegal war, which it was if people are calling the Iraq War illegal isn't so bad as long as a Democrat is sending the troops. A friend of mine is a Marine pilot who participated in the bombings of Yugoslavia and he said that they bombed the Serbian controlled areas w/o mercy. Power plants, water plants, bridges, infrastructure targets were bombed nonstop until the Serb Govt. said "Uncle!" Not a peep from the Left on civillian casualties there. I guess women and children are not too important when Liberals and Democrats are dropping the bombs.

jimmoyer
On the other hand when the Clinton Administration was bombing Yugoslavia and the Serb Govt. into the Stone Age war was a pretty good thing! The GOP opposed it. Not many anti-war demonstrations either which shows that anti-war protestors are typically Liberal Dems. So an illegal war, which it was if people are calling the Iraq War illegal isn't so bad as long as a Democrat is sending the troops. A friend of mine is a Marine pilot who participated in the bombings of Yugoslavia and he said that they bombed the Serbian controlled areas w/o mercy. Power plants, water plants, bridges, infrastructure targets were bombed nonstop until the Serb Govt. said "Uncle!" Not a peep from the Left on civillian casualties there. I guess women and children are not too important when Liberals and Democrats are dropping the bombs.
----------------------------------------Eaglesmack--------------------------------------------------------

Man is that ever true.

It was less an imminent threat than Iraq, but strategic enough to be in Europe's backyard who seemed unwilling to follow up on their promise after WWII to never again allow genocide on their continent.

thomaska

Some people hear only what they want to hear. Others just never listen.

A two sided blade if there ever was one...