Cindy Sheehan ... More of Her Lunacy ... Pleads Not Guilty

peapod
Right on! brother gatling gun of quiet reflection me bad :P

Ocean Breeze
Free Thinker
Quote:

What are the American people still waiting for to indict this criminal Bush? Are the American people so asleep or they can't face reality?

probably a bit of both...... but what it does say now.....is that the american public is POWERLESS. They have been silenced each time they opposed the bush regime, questioned it. They were effectively muzzled with the bush BULLSH*T patriotic propaganda. A form of guilt induction.... too. This is a powerful but highly dysfunctional game that the pathological bush cabal is playing. But GAME it IS......with only ONE intended "winner"......the neocons .But the tide seems to be turning and more people are daring to speak out. (which causes bush to go into apoplexy)------How DARE anyone challenge him??? the delusional power freak ...

moghrabi
Well, once they question him, a terrorist attack just happens. Amazing how these terrorists act. They only work when Bush is under scrutiny.

Ocean Breeze
Free Thinker
Quote: Originally Posted by moghrabi

Well, once they question him, a terrorist attack just happens. Amazing how these terrorists act. They only work when Bush is under scrutiny.

curious "coincidence" , isn't it??

moghrabi
Ya. We are too dumb for his intelligence, OB. We are supposed to believe him. And to make it easier for us, he has the terror scale color-coded. He took the idea from the book he was carrying the other day, "Terrorism for Dummies".

zenfisher
Quote: Originally Posted by GL Schmitt

Quote: Originally Posted by zenfisher

What about the right to free assembly? . . . Is not America supposed to be the shining bastion of democracy?. . .

Afraid not, zenfisher.

America is still a bastion, but not of freedom.

Run by bastionites, or if you prefer bastards.

:P

It was meant as an ironic illustration there GL. To point out that all the while we are fighting to bring "democracy to Iraq." Our freedoms are being slowly usurped.

ElPolaco
Quote: Originally Posted by Nascar_James

Laugh all you want, however if Miss Sheehan has conned you to see things her way, then that tells me a little about your intelligence. Anyone who agrees with an unstable, incoherant looney bin flip-flopper as miss Sheehan, should seriously consider having themselves committed.

No comment. I'm just going to save this in my classic quote library.

Ursula42
It seems to me that Sheehan should have the right to protest under American law. Many times in history have ppl protested in America, and many times have wrongs been done to shut them up. The truth always comes out. Why? It comes out because there are ppl who know that it must. The soldiers who fight and sometimes die for this or that "cause" do so because they believe they know the truth. So they trust, and they do what they are ordered to. In the instance of a NATION ordering its people to do its bidding while feeding the people lies, well we know what happened to Hitler, Saddam, many others.
Still, the censure of this grieving mother who put her son into the trust of her country's leader, and her son who also surely felt he was doing the "right" thing based on the elected leader's say so, I think is appalling. That woman should be allowed to gather whoever she may, protest peacefully, get on any bus, go anywhere in her country and say anything she wants... or what exactly were they fighting for?

Reverend Blair
The Bush regime has a long history of trying quash dissent, Cindy. Someplace on the internet there is a series of photographs of a young woman being shot in the ear with a rubber bullet for praying for peace. She posed no threat and was praying to the same god that George Bush does.

That's what happens when you step outside of a "free speech zone" though. No talking back unless you do it in a cage where nobody can hear you.

Said1
Free Thinker
Ha. My mother gets arrested for protesting without a permit ALL the time. For her and her crew, it's part of the plan to bring attention to their cause. They don't care about the tresspassing fines and someone usually donates money to pay the fines.

Ursula42
What happens to the Raging Grannies in Canada can't quite be compared to what is happening to Cindy Sheehan in the States. I don't think I have read anywhere that she broke the law... if you don't count the Park Ranger thing. Yes, there are groups who routinely break the laws regarding where and how they can protest, they get fined and go on their way most times if the protests are peaceful and not interferring with with other people beyond what could be regarded as a nuisance.
What Ms Sheehan is talking about is not popular, many consider it anti-American, and she doesn't look like she's going to change her mind soon. Here's where we part company Nascar: I think it's her right in America to free speech. Oppose her all you want, talk back, show how you are right and she is wrong, but please don't relegate her to a commie/terrorist/crazy/fill in the blank entity, revile her as un-American and threaten her. That's just un-American! Isn't it?

Said1
Free Thinker
Sorry, my mother isn't raging granny. She's actually spent long periods of time in jail and has lived on the streets along with the cittes homeless, been beaten up and had her hair set on fire......all apart of the cause. In any case, like Canada, isn't it illegal to protest at the White House without a permit, regardless of the nature of the protest?

peapod
She EARNED the right to protest where ever she dam well pleases

Said1
Free Thinker
Quote: Originally Posted by peapod

She EARNED the right to protest where ever she dam well pleases

And so do most of the others. *shrug*

Nascar_James
Quote: Originally Posted by Said1

In any case, like Canada, isn't it illegal to protest at the White House without a permit, regardless of the nature of the protest?

Yep, sure is. She broke the law and as a result was found guilty (after pleading not guilty). She should also be charged with obstruction of justice for lying in regards to breaking the law.

Said1
Free Thinker
Quote: Originally Posted by Nascar_James

Yep, sure is. She broke the law and as a result was found guilty (after pleading not guilty). She should also be charged with obstruction of justice for lying in regards to breaking the law.

Whatever. The point is, most plan on getting arrested, why is anyone shocked or outraged? What are the chances of getting large press coverage if you're not hauled off in handcuffs?

Reverend Blair
Yeah, and if she'd been demonstrating in support of the war would she have been charged, James? Not a hope in hell.

Ursula42
I don't know, Said1. Did the BC teacher protesters have to apply for a permit a few weeks ago to gather at our province's legislature? Was there a permit applied for and given for the Labour Day demonstration earlier this year in Vancouver? I will look into it, but I think as long as people are peaceful and not harming anyone or being destructive it's their right in Canada to gather at the legislature. I will be particularly surprised if the Free Tibet protest that took place near Metrotown five weeks ago applied for or were granted a permit to put up their signs, hand out leaflets, and pretty much do what they peacefully could to bring attention to Tibet's plight.
Correct me if I am wrong.
And to your mom, way to go woman! I am sure she is an inspiration to many, Said1, and I hope she doesn't have to fight many more years to win her cause.

Reverend Blair
People are shocked and outraged because they should be, Said. A woman was arrested for protesting. In a democracy. If she wasn't famous they would have clubbed her a few times just for good measure.

Said1
Free Thinker
Quote: Originally Posted by Ursula42

I don't know, Said1. Did the BC teacher protesters have to apply for a permit a few weeks ago to gather at our province's legislature? Was there a permit applied for and given for the Labour Day demonstration earlier this year in Vancouver? I will look into it, but I think as long as people are peaceful and not harming anyone or being destructive it's their right in Canada to gather at the legislature. I will be particularly surprised if the Free Tibet protest that took place near Metrotown five weeks ago applied for or were granted a permit to put up their signs, hand out leaflets, and pretty much do what they peacefully could to bring attention to Tibet's plight.

Correct me if I am wrong.
And to your mom, way to go woman! I am sure she is an inspiration to many, Said1, and I hope she doesn't have to fight many more years to win her cause.

I'm not sure, how it works province to province. I can say a friend of hers went to Queens Park and demanded to speak with Mike Harris. When refused, she started singing Madame Butterfly at the top of her lungs and was not arrested. In fact, her demandes were met and she was given city housing. At a later date, my mother and several others were arrested at Queens Park at a different protest. You need a permit for city hall here too. My mother isn't allowed in the building or the property for any reason.

Said1
Free Thinker
Quote: Originally Posted by Reverend Blair

People are shocked and outraged because they should be, Said. A woman was arrested for protesting. In a democracy. If she wasn't famous they would have clubbed her a few times just for good measure.

A women was arrested for protesting without a permit. What's so shocking about that? I'm sure it happens several times a week,(if not daily now) in Washington. It doesnt make it right, it's just not surprising.

peapod
Just who exactly "owns" the whitehouse?? one would think it was the american people, of which cindy sheehan is one.

Said1
Free Thinker
Quite frankly, I find the idea of permits to be laughable in light of what they are being used for (both here and there). But, press is press and you tend to get more when you get pepper sprayed.

Reverend Blair
More to the point...you can't get press unless you get pepper sprayed and the corporate controlled press is going to give you negative coverage no matter what you do.

jjw1965
Quote:

Just who exactly "owns" the whitehouse?? one would think it was the american people, of which cindy sheehan is one.

100%

Said1
Free Thinker
Quote: Originally Posted by Reverend Blair

More to the point...you can't get press unless you get pepper sprayed and the corporate controlled press is going to give you negative coverage no matter what you do.

Your chances of getting any press are fairly limited at a quiet peaceful protest, regardless of it's nature. It's not sensational and no one gives a shit. How can you make money off that?

Reverend Blair
I like lighting flags on fire, personally. Oh, and pictures of George Bush's face. Of course it would be more fun to light his actual face on fire, but that would be wrong. Wouldn't it?

Said1
Free Thinker
Dunno. Might be illegal or something.

Andygal
Gee I can't think why it might be illegal to light Bushie's face on fire....

Reverend Blair
Actually I was worried that his screams would drown out the music. That would be wrong.