How fast is your internet access?

skookumchuck
Mine is semi lousy, Telus has been getting away with charging for hi speed but delivering slow speed internet for years. I am supposed to be getting 3-6 mg speeds but mostly it is 1-3 mg. No cable available here. Whenever i complain i get the runaround, you know......Mr Brown, Mr Green, Mr Black routine........ anyway, this is interesting to us bush bunnies.

Fast fibre-optic internet arrives in many small towns before big cities - Technology & Science - CBC News

taxslave
I got shaw and it is just as bad. According to the shaw tech that was here last their volume is increasing by %18 a day and the wires simply can't take the load.

skookumchuck
Quote: Originally Posted by taxslave View Post

I got shaw and it is just as bad. According to the shaw tech that was here last their volume is increasing by %18 a day and the wires simply can't take the load.

Shaw has always slowed when the kids come home from school, it their type of delivery, cheap wiring. We have no other choices but Telus and Shaw on the Island so we stay bent over.
I doubt 18% a day.

Sons of Liberty
80 MBPS Upload
80 MBPS Download

SLM
Like Greased Lightning.

That's the technical term.

DaSleeper
Speedtest.net by Ookla - My Results

I'm paying for 8.......but the results are wi fi not hard wired...

skookumchuck
Quote: Originally Posted by Sons of Liberty View Post

80 MBPS Upload
80 MBPS Download

LOL Do ya really think anyone would believe that?

gopher

ah well, it's a cheap isp so I can't complain too much

gerryh

50 down, 3 up

shaw

Ludlow
fvck if I know. I'm a carpenter ffs.

DaSleeper
Quote: Originally Posted by gerryh View Post

50 down, 3 up

shaw

I see.......you can open up Blackie's threads with no problem.......
Reading them is another story....
I only open them to see other people's comments lol

Mowich
I'm with Xplornet and am happy with the service. I did the speed test and these are my results.

Ping - 717ms
Download - 4.33 Mbps
Upload - 0.43 Mbps

spaminator

gerryh
I can not remember the last time I had numbers as low as I am seeing posted here. Most of those numbers I would NEVER put up with from my ISP.

DaSleeper
Quote: Originally Posted by gerryh View Post

I can not remember the last time I had numbers as low as I am seeing posted here. Most of those numbers I would NEVER put up with from my ISP.

You get what you pay for.......what is your internet connection cost per month....?
This is a serious question, the only thing that is now keeping me to that internet provider is probably an email address that I've had since 1995...that I would have to change with several commercial contacts....

Since I don't have a house phone the only thing my old phone company is supplying is internet....my cellular package is now operated by Bell Canada.....Maybe it's time for me to shop around......
Last edited by DaSleeper; Aug 6th, 2015 at 09:01 PM..

gerryh
Quote: Originally Posted by DaSleeper View Post

You get what you pay for.......what is your internet connection cost per month....?
This is a serious question, the only thing that is now keeping me to that internet provider is probably an email address that I've had since 1995...that I would have to change with several commercial contacts....

Since I don't have a house phone the only thing my old phone company is supplying is internet....my cellular package is now operated by Bell Canada.....Maybe it's time for me to shop around......

My package is an older one and is bundled with me cable and phone. However, Shaw offers a 60mb package that is about $90/month as a stand alone. You are right, you get what you pay for and I have no problem paying a premium for premium service.