Whisper His prayers with devotion,
for they will save your soul
Honour His servants,
for they speak in His voice
Tremble before His majesty,
for we all walk in His immortal shadow

Motar
Quote: Originally Posted by Jinentonix View Post

Yep. I grew up in the Church. I saw the hypocrisy, the division, and the lack of logic behind it. I realized that I didn't need religion or to believe in some god-being to have morals and ethics. Plus, having studied history quite a bit, I also understand how and why religions are created.

Even the basic dogma of the Christian faith has evolved over time.

In your testimony concerning religion above, you reference yourself 4 times, JT. This is quite accurate and telling as religion is about me and what I do to encounter God.

Christian faith however is not about me. It is about Christ and my response to Him. And He does not evolve.

"Jesus Christ is the same yesterday and today and forever." (Hebrews 13:8 NIV)

Jinentonix
Quote: Originally Posted by Motar View Post

In your testimony concerning religion above, you reference yourself 4 times, JT. This is quite accurate and telling as religion is about me and what I do to encounter God.

Christian faith however is not about me. It is about Christ and my response to Him. And He does not evolve.

"Jesus Christ is the same yesterday and today and forever." (Hebrews 13:8 NIV)

It's interesting that quote is from Hebrews considering it was the Hebrew hierarchy who determined that Jesus was a heretic and had him crucified.
And let's look at the Christian faith as a whole. If the bible is supposedly the unerring word of god, then why would he have written it in such a way that it could be interpreted so many ways. Look at all the different sects of Christianity there are. Why the need for so many if God's word is perfect? Hell, look at the Big 3. It starts off with Judaism, then picks up with Christianity and then finally Islam. All based initially on many of the same people. Even Jesus gets shared between them. In Judaism he was a heretic. In Christianity he's the son of god and the saviour of mankind. In Islam he is the most important prophet after Mohammed, anointed by god himself. They don't believe in the immaculate conception and they don't believe his body was raised from the dead and ascended into Heaven. Although they still believe is soul was lifted to Heaven.

But ultimately it boils down to superstition. Humans have been creating gods since mankind first started walking upright. We did that in order to explain what was then, the inexplicable. Solar eclipse? It was the gods. Comet in the sky? A portent from the gods. Volcanic eruption? The gods. Flood? The gods, etc etc ad nauseum.
Meanwhile, organized religion came about to create more uniform belief systems that could be forced upon a population as a method to control the people.

I think theistic religion is crap. It has caused far more harm than the bit of good it's done. However, if your beliefs are genuinely peaceful and cause no inherent or intended harm to anyone, then what you believe is fine with me.
You share them respectfully even when you don't always get the same respect back.
While there is a 0% chance of anyone ever re-converting me (or converting me to another theistic religion for that matter) I do believe you and your personal beliefs are harmless. Having said that however, I am curious as to your stance on gay people.

Motar

It's interesting that quote is from Hebrews considering it was the Hebrew hierarchy who determined that Jesus was a heretic and had him crucified.

In my estimation, the Hebrew leaders here were politically motivated. Jesus was and is a threat to their hierarchy.

However, if your beliefs are genuinely peaceful and cause no inherent or intended harm to anyone, then what you believe is fine with me. You share them respectfully even when you don't always get the same respect back. While there is a 0% chance of anyone ever re-converting me (or converting me to another theistic religion for that matter) I do believe you and your personal beliefs are harmless.

Thank you, JT. Your consideration is a blessing to me.

Having said that however, I am curious as to your stance on gay people.

In my experience, Hebrews, gay people, and I share a common inheritance. We are born equally alienated from God. We are by faith equally reconciled to God in Christ.

"Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, the new creation has come: The old has gone, the new is here! All this is from God, who reconciled us to himself ..."(2 Corinthians 5 17:18 NIV)

Motar
Family Thanks Jesus as Infant Healed of Rare Disease | CBN News

Freedom from disease.

TenPenny
Quote: Originally Posted by Motar View Post

Freedom from disease.

But yet,
"Words really can't explain it. I'm so grateful," Dennard Rawls said. "[Donating marrow] is a painful process so for (the donor) to endure that for our daughter, we can never repay [them]."
"I would love to shake the person's hand who saved my daughter's life," he added. "

Uh, so was it jesus, or the hospital staff, or the donor?

Motar
Quote: Originally Posted by TenPenny View Post

But yet,
"Words really can't explain it. I'm so grateful," Dennard Rawls said. "[Donating marrow] is a painful process so for (the donor) to endure that for our daughter, we can never repay [them]." "I would love to shake the person's hand who saved my daughter's life," he added. "
Uh, so was it jesus, or the hospital staff, or the donor?

The credit for the recovery depends on the faith of the witnesses, TP.

The child's father says the donor saved her.

The child's mother says Jesus healed her.
"When doctors told the family of 7-month-old Denniya Rawls that she would finally be released from the hospital after spending more than 100 days there, one of them shouted, 'Thank you, Jesus!' ... 'That was like a blessing, a miracle,' Robin Rawls, her mother, said."

The doctor says the child herself and the hospital staff rescued her.
"You work hard for the chance to have a kid fight and have a chance at life so I'm very excited our team was able to give a chance to Denniya,' Dr. Hanna said. 'She'll go to school and maybe one day she'll graduate and even become a doctor maybe."

Which of these explanations resonates with you?
Last edited by Motar; Jul 18th, 2017 at 10:18 AM..

Motar
LGBTQ Activists Double Down to Fight Trump's 'Hateful Policies' | CBN News

Freedom from political agendas.

Cliffy

Motar
"You have heard that it was said, ‘Love your neighbor and hate your enemy.’ But I tell you, love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you, that you may be children of your Father in heaven. He causes his sun to rise on the evil and the good, and sends rain on the righteous and the unrighteous. If you love those who love you, what reward will you get? Are not even the tax collectors doing that? And if you greet only your own people, what are you doing more than others? Do not even pagans do that? Be perfect, therefore, as your heavenly Father is perfect." (Matthew 5:43-48 NIV)

Freedom to love all.
Last edited by Motar; Jul 19th, 2017 at 09:20 AM..

Johnnny
[youtube]PIK3GXdkxL0[/youtube]

Motar
Evangelical Leaders Praying for Trump 'Bordering on Heresy,' Liberal Pastor Says

Freedom from political agendas masquerading as religious ones.

Motar
" ... Jesus said, 'If you hold to my teaching, you are really my disciples. Then you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free.” (John 8:31-32 NIV)