Klan To Rally In Support Of Gay Marriage

unclepercy
I couldn't believe this title when I saw it. But here it is:

POSTED: 10:45 am CDT October 25, 2005
UPDATED: 10:58 am CDT October 25, 2005

AUSTIN, Texas -- The Ku Klux Klan plans to rally in Austin to support the gay marriage amendment set for the Nov. 8 ballot.

The rally planned on the steps of city hall the Saturday before the election will urge voters to favor proposition 2.

However, some who support proposition 2 don't welcome the KKK's assistance.

One such person is Pastor Ryan Rush of Bannockburn Baptist Church.

Rush said that a group that would come in that is characterized as hateful and bigoted is not welcome in this city. He said he doesn't want the Klan as a partner on any cause.

In a letter the Klan sent to the city, the group acknowledged that security will be an issue, noting the violence that erupted at a KKK rally and march to the capitol in Austin in 1983.

Uncle

Hard-Luck Henry
What's their game? I can't believe they can actually be in favour. There has to be an ulterior motive.

Ocean Breeze
Quote: Originally Posted by Hard-Luck Henry

What's their game? I can't believe they can actually be in favour. There has to be an ulterior motive.

most likely.! KKK enters the political playing field.

(only in america

Hard-Luck Henry
Quote: Originally Posted by Ocean Breeze

most likely.! KKK enters the political playing field.

(only in america

One of the down sides to The Bill of Wrongs.

peapod
Even more feckin sick is pastor ryan rush of Bannockburn Baptist Church.

"Rush said that a group that would come in that is characterized as hateful and bigoted is not welcome in this city. He said he doesn't want the Klan as a partner on any cause. "

Pardon me while I puke, what a hypocrite!!! but he sure does not mind being a partner to Jerry Fawell...

Cosmo
Just discussing this with Shell ... she suggested it might present a good opportunity for the KKK to do some real gay bashing. I'd be worried, particularly since the KKK did mention security, which sets off alarm bells for me.

Whatever the agenda, you can be sure it's not to support gay marriage.

unclepercy
Quote: Originally Posted by Cosmo

Just discussing this with Shell ... she suggested it might present a good opportunity for the KKK to do some real gay bashing. I'd be worried, particularly since the KKK did mention security, which sets off alarm bells for me.

Cosmo,
I was hoping you would comment. Could you please elaborate more about this subject?

Percy

peapod
Where is the link for that story???

Cosmo
Interestingly enough, I found this at a KKK site ... I went looking to try to find out their stand on homosexuality, and this is what I came up with from www.kkk.bz website ("Homosexuals" button on left hand frame). Doesn't sound like support to me. Someone needs to drop a bomb on those a$$holes.

Quote:

Homosexuals at Your Door

There is little doubt that the walls are coming down and unless there is a real spiritual awakening in this country we will see the day when the churches will back down and begin admitting queers in mass.

I remember in 1978 I was speaking with an acquaintance. He was not of our political persuasion, but was still opposed to interracial marriages, but saw nothing wrong with Negroes attending the same church. His argument was, "We're all Christians."

During the conversation I mentioned the great social change that took place in our churches. A few years ago, Negroes had their own churches, and now, the very churches that one spoke against interracial marriages are performing interracial marriages.

It was at this time that I told him that these same churches will, in time, freely admit homosexuals into their congregations, followed by the performance of same-sex marriages.

He thought I was crazy - over reacting!

But we see it happening now. Homosexuality is at the door. Many schools have in their library a video called, It's Elementary, which blatantly promotes the homosexual agenda.

I stand by my prediction. Most and I mean most churches will begin forgiving, then tolerating, and then inviting and then encouraging and finally performing same-sex marriages.

I Know most of you will disagree with me. But if the church you are going to now does not have the moral courage to condemn interracial marriages from the pulpit, they like wise will not be able to stand against homosexuals as they come marching through their doors.

I know that many are speaking against homosexuality from their pulpits now, but remember, they used to speak out against interracial marriages also, until it became unpopular to do so, or until they sold out for tax exempt status.

Unless we separate ourselves from this moral dilemma, there is little doubt that same-sex marriages will be legal in only a few years.

When that happens, it will be come the law, and a new door will open that will flood homosexuals into every corner of America.

And those churches that could not find the moral courage to stand against integration -will also lack the moral courage to stand against homosexuals who beat at their door for acceptance and promotion.

Cosmo
Quote: Originally Posted by unclepercy

Quote: Originally Posted by Cosmo

Cosmo,
I was hoping you would comment. Could you please elaborate more about this subject?

Percy

Not quite sure what you want me to comment on, Percy. Seems pretty obvious to me.

peapod
Ya I bet your all shocked, thats why you posted it

A perfect couple they are, the klan and the westboro baptist church, you know the god hates fags morons. The westboro baptist church is nothing but a aryan nation, natzi party kkk wanna be. They have been spreading their hate and encouraging violence againist gays jews and blacks and anybody else that does not fit their zealot madness. They belong in jail.

missile
In the bits of the bible i've read,jesus doesn't consort with women..but hangs with a dozen other men. Sounds like a sort of gay social club to me

Ten Packs
Quote:

Many schools have in their library a video called, It's Elementary, which blatantly promotes the homosexual agenda.

YA KNOW ? ? ?

I have been hearing this bloody term for so long, used by so many people, in SO many meaningless ways... I'd like some right-wing nut-ball to please explain to me:

Just what IS this "Homosexual Agenda" ? ? ?

What? - is there a National Convention every year, smoke-filled rooms with Flip-Charts and maps on chalk-boards, with circles and arrows all over them? Are the "Elders" meeting in Mahogany Studies with big over-stuffed chairs, over Brandy and Cigars.... hatching the next "Plot"?

Feck ME! It's sure easy to hop aboard Band-wagons, aint' it?

Ocean Breeze
Quote: Originally Posted by missile

In the bits of the bible i've read,jesus doesn't consort with women..but hangs with a dozen other men. Sounds like a sort of gay social club to me

you have a good point.

Ocean Breeze
Quote:

Just what IS this "Homosexual Agenda" ? ? ?

who the hell knows??? One would have to ask them homophobics and paranoids of the society. To them ......everyone has an agenda.........and it is "out to get them."

unclepercy
Quote: Originally Posted by peapod

Where is the link for that story???

Well, crap, I'm looking. I first found it in one place and then another, and I used the second one. I see the first one - hold on.
Sorry I forgot to include it - I usually do remember.

Here's one: http://www.kltv.com/Global/story.asp?S=4023162&nav=1TjD

Here is an opposite one:
Posted on Wed, Oct. 26, 2005

Klan to rally against gay marriage
http://www.dfw.com/mld/startelegram/...e/13000463.htm

I know I copied it from a Houston paper, but I can't find it now.
Do you suppose it was an error, and they changed it? I know I was shocked to see that title....

Percy

missile
Have you noticed how the pointy white caps actually fit their odd heads?

Ocean Breeze

Yes.

peapod
uh huh...cept that if someone knows that the ballot is about :

"Texas legislators have drafted a constitutional amendment stating that “marriage in this state consists only of the union of one man and one woman.”
Yup big surprise eh? the KKK supporting, your title on this thread is mis-leading...but than maybe that was the whole idea eh? I hope you can bait a hook and fish better than this

Ocean Breeze
Quote: Originally Posted by peapod

uh huh...cept that if someone knows that the ballot is about :

"Texas legislators have drafted a constitutional amendment stating that “marriage in this state consists only of the union of one man and one woman.”
Yup big surprise eh? the KKK supporting, your title on this thread is mis-leading...but than maybe that was the whole idea eh? I hope you can bait a hook and fish better than this

as in bait and switch??

GL Schmitt
A Baptist blog clarifies the story:

KKK Not OK in Gay Say

The Ku Klux Klan intends to meet in Austin, Texas, on November 5 to rally in support of the amendment that would ban gay marriage once and for all. The Klan will kick up a fuss prior to the November 8 vote on proposition 2. However, as much as the church is all for the ban, it's feeling a bit uneasy.

Hard-Luck Henry

[img] [/img]