POTUS (Donald) many legal issues cornering him

Tecumsehsbones
Quote: Originally Posted by Hoid View Post

Trump is one of those guys who has many lawyers and each of them knows a little bit about his business.
Fortunately for New York state they got to talk to his accountant.

All these cats with holey jeans
Dirty hair and titty rings
Say, "What's your scene man? We got these questions
Is it true that you have sold your soul?"
I say "Hey man, I don't know
Let me go and ask my accountant"

-- Cracker

Walter
Quote: Originally Posted by Cliffy View Post

Trump And His Kids Could Go To Prison As DA Confirms Criminal Bank Fraud Investigation
Manhattan DA Cyrus Vance is investigating President Donald Trump, his company, and his kids for bank and insurance fraud.
The New York Times reported:
The Manhattan district attorney’s office suggested on Monday that it has been investigating President Trump and his company for possible bank and insurance fraud, a significantly broader inquiry than the prosecutors have acknowledged in the past.
Advertisements
The office of the district attorney, Cyrus R. Vance Jr., made the disclosure in a new federal court filing arguing Mr. Trump’s accountants should have to comply with its subpoena seeking eight years of his personal and corporate tax returns. Mr. Trump has asked a judge to declare the subpoena invalid.
The prosecutors did not directly identify the focus of their inquiry but said that “undisputed” news reports last year about Mr. Trump’s business practices make it clear that the office had a legal basis for the subpoena.
More: https://www.politicususa.com/2020/08...nce-fraud.html

Fake Prog news.

pgs
Free Thinker
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by Tecumsehsbones View Post

I'm telling you what the law is in the United States.

You'll find that people under investigation for crimes don't generally get a lot of respect for their privacy. Looking into the financial records (not just tax records) of someone suspected of financial crimes is like looking into the car-trunk of somebody suspected of running drugs.

The revenooers don't focus on financial crime, they focus on tax compliance. In the U.S., they are not trained on financial laws, they are trained on tax law. They also have no jurisdiction over financial crimes, so long as the taxes are paid.

The New York Federal and state prosecutors are the best, most experienced, investigators and prosecutors of financial crimes in the country (not surprising, New York City is the financial hub of the U.S.).

The general rule is "if a prosecutor can convince the judge that there is probable cause to think the financial records will contain evidence of crime, the judge will issue an order to turn over the financial records." Not really any different from issuing a search warrant for drugs.

What a load of malarkey .

pgs
Free Thinker

Too bad they didn't scrutinize the dollar he slipped into Stormy Daniels's garter.

Oh, right, one of his lawyers did. And backed it up with 130,000 of its close, personal friends.

Jealous ?

Tecumsehsbones
Cuts like a spoon.

Ocean Breeze
Free Thinker
+1
Federal judge dismisses Trump's latest effort to shield his tax returns from Manhattan DA

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/don...l_nbn_20200820

Tecumsehsbones
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by JLM View Post

Thanks for the information. I should have and probably could have figured that out for myself. Perhaps Mr. Trump's indiscretions aren't limited to failure to pay income tax.

There's actually a line on our tax forms where you're required to report "Income illegally obtained." The Revenue don't give two hoots what you did to get it, as long as you report it and pay tax.

Durry
+1

There's actually a line on our tax forms where you're required to report "Income illegally obtained." The Revenue don't give two hoots what you did to get it, as long as you report it and pay tax.

So what do you do when you fill out your return, do you lie or do you pay the tax?

Tecumsehsbones
Quote: Originally Posted by Durry View Post

So what do you do when you fill out your return, do you lie or do you pay the tax?

Neither. I report the illegal income, then I use various tax dodges to avoid paying.

It's easy when you got a money guy like mine.

Ocean Breeze
Free Thinker

That is very interesting. Hmmm.

Ocean Breeze
Free Thinker
error

Durry

Neither. I report the illegal income, then I use various tax dodges to avoid paying.
It's easy when you got a money guy like mine.

Very good, that’s the way to do it.

Ocean Breeze
Free Thinker
+1
New York attorney general sues Trump Organization, revealing state investigation into the company’s financial dealings

https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...ncmyL5iP4b8S1U

Ocean Breeze
Free Thinker
+1
TikTok filing lawsuit against Trump administration to fight impending ban

https://www.washingtonpost.com/techn...bOT-phQl5iluZA

Twin_Moose
Conservative
Quote: Originally Posted by Ocean Breeze View Post

New York attorney general sues Trump Organization, revealing state investigation into the company’s financial dealings
https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...ncmyL5iP4b8S1U

Casting a larger net to find a crime to pin on Trump seems reasonable

Tecumsehsbones
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by Twin_Moose View Post

Casting a larger net to find a crime to pin on Trump seems reasonable

It's a fairly standard prosecutorial tactic when the evidence points to massive, systemic crime.

They have direct testimony from an involved party that Trump organization committed crimes.

I have to assume that you'd consider that good enough reason to launch an investigation of anybody but Mousseolini.