Ontario on track to eliminate deficit next year, Wynne says

taxslave
Free Thinker
Quote: Originally Posted by lone wolf View Post

Madame Bonehead may be on the track to eliminate next years' deficit. I really wonder what sort of rabbit she's going to pull out of her pointy hat to cover the election year deficit once she's blown all that Hydro money....

Maybe she will use dipper math. Taxes + borrowing = spending. Balanced Budget.

Machjo
Quote: Originally Posted by taxslave View Post

Maybe she will use dipper math. Taxes + borrowing = spending. Balanced Budget.

That's the same as Conservative math. Just that Conservative taxes are lower and Dipper spending higher.

JLM
No Party Affiliation
Quote: Originally Posted by Machjo View Post

No worries. I think he just likes to call every woman a dyke bitch. It makes him feel more important than around half of the world's populaiton that way.

Out of fairness, I believe the Honorable Premier already made that announcement herself...............if memory serves me correctly!

Curious Cdn
No Party Affiliation
+1
They're going to balance the books with the billions that are going to flood in from the Carbon tax bonanza!
They're going to engineer human behavior while they're at it by making it too expensive to do carbon intensive things, like growing food to eat, heating our houses during the long, cold winter, transporting ourselves to those jobs that we need to feed our families and keep them warm.

The Liberals are here!! Hurrah!! Hurrah!!

lone wolf
Free Thinker
She said revenue neutral ... but we all know what her words are worth

Curious Cdn
No Party Affiliation
Quote: Originally Posted by lone wolf View Post

She said revenue neutral ... but we all know what her words are worth

Ridiculous! The whole thing is a scam and it'll be "revenue neutral" after the Cosa Nostra's bookkeepers have finished with it.

10larry
Quote: Originally Posted by TenPenny View Post

But wait, spending money you don't have is what makes Trump great!

But it is his money or his signature on a debit note that he wagers whereas our lib duo are playing with our money. In trumps' case capital leverage applies but with kate and jt stupidity applies.

petros
The US Fed Reserve said it is going to finally up interest rates which means Bank of Canada will follow suit making the goal line even further away.

JamesBondo
Quote: Originally Posted by mentalfloss View Post

I'm not a leftie.

Too conservative for you?

WLDB
No Party Affiliation
So we can finally start paying down the debt? It seems most governments aim at a balanced budget but not what should come after it.

pgs
Free Thinker
Quote: Originally Posted by petros View Post

The US Fed Reserve said it is going to finally up interest rates which means Bank of Canada will follow suit making the goal line even further away.

Not going to happen soon the size of government debt worldwide would collapse most nations if interest rises .

Walter
This is the legacy the progressives want for our children and grandchildren.
The Wynne-McGuinty legacy: Perpetual debt | EDITORIAL | Editorial | Opinion | To

petros
Quote: Originally Posted by pgs View Post

Not going to happen soon the size of government debt worldwide would collapse most nations if interest rises .

They are talking 0.25% increase by Dec. They feel ready.