Ontario on track to eliminate deficit next year, Wynne says

lone wolf
Free Thinker
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by mentalfloss View Post

Let me know when you finally earn the dweeb part.

How do you know I wasn't speaking of Wynne ... or does your Wynne ego make you think the world revolves around you? Did I quote you or something?

Hint: Spend a little more time outdoors and less trolling and you night make it through puberty

mentalfloss
When did this become about me?

I was clearly talking about you.

lone wolf
Free Thinker

When did this become about me?

I was clearly talking about you.

So ... you are violating Form rules are you....

mentalfloss
Take it easy there Kettle.

MHz
I met a guy who lost his drivers as he couldn't pay for a ticket from 35 years ago. That is even when he showed up but the Officer didn't and rather than toss the ticket out the Judge set another date, one the defendant said was on a date he could not attend. Seems like Ontario has some slime attached to the way it is eliminating the deficit. How about the top members toss in their pensions as they are a scam anyway so some get rich even after quitting work. I mean really, how f*cked are they going to get down the road if they are at this level already.

lone wolf
Free Thinker
The DL scam is a cash cow. Since licences were farmed out to the private Service Ontario, you can expect to be screwed. They used to send out three notices of an impending cancellation due to unpaid fines. Not so any more - no matter what they tell you. The first notice a lot of folk get is when the kind Constable informs you the licence is revoked ... so there's a fine PLUS the reinstatement fee

Angstrom
No Party Affiliation
+1

Sorry conbots.

The numbers can't lie.

First quarter results for 2016 show the Ontario economy growing at an annualized rate of three per cent, the highest in Canada and all G7 countries.

Premier Kathleen Wynne says the province's real gross domestic product grew by 0.8 per cent in January to March, following similar growth in the fourth quarter of 2015.

Wynne says the first quarter gains were driven by higher exports and household spending, and predicts Ontario's economy will remain one of the fastest growing in Canada over the next two years.

She also says the Liberal government is confident the growing economy will allow it to eliminate a $5.7-billion deficit next year as promised.

The premier says she's very encouraged by the momentum of Ontario's growth, especially with so many uncertainties in the global economy.

Wynne says stronger than expected economic growth means more jobs, and points out Ontario's unemployment rate fell to 6.4 per cent in June, the lowest since 2008.

Ontario on track to eliminate deficit next year, Wynne says - Toronto - CBC News

Did she mention anything about the electrical grid?
Any mention how it uses the most fossil fuel in North America to compensate for irregularities of our solar panels?
Did she mention anything about how her plan to plug cars in this electrical grid that uses the most fossil fuel in North America is very counter productive to her carbon tax cap?
Did she explain how this is why she wants to sell the whole mess off to someone else?

10larry
+1
Shee'll need to sell off plenty of 'public' holdings to slay her deficit, the michigan ontario co-operational pow wow could give wynne some financial clues but I pretty much doubt it.

MICHIGAN VS. ONTARIO

Net debt as share of state/provincial economy

Michigan: 3.7%
Ontario: 38.5%
Average annual growth in manufacturing employment (2011-14)

Michigan: 6.1%
Ontario: -0.5%
Growth of manufacturing output as share of economy (since 2009)

Michigan: Up 44%
Ontario: Up 0.5%
Average annual economic growth (2011-14)

Michigan: 2.1%
Ontario: 2%
— Source: Fraser Institute report: Ontario versus Michigan: Lessons from the Wolverine State)

Walter
Quote: Originally Posted by 10larry View Post

Shee'll need to sell off plenty of 'public' holdings to slay her deficit, the michigan ontario co-operational pow wow could give wynne some financial clues but I pretty much doubt it.

MICHIGAN VS. ONTARIO

Net debt as share of state/provincial economy

Michigan: 3.7%
Ontario: 38.5%
Average annual growth in manufacturing employment (2011-14)

Michigan: 6.1%
Ontario: -0.5%
Growth of manufacturing output as share of economy (since 2009)

Michigan: Up 44%
Ontario: Up 0.5%
Average annual economic growth (2011-14)

Michigan: 2.1%
Ontario: 2%
— Source: Fraser Institute report: Ontario versus Michigan: Lessons from the Wolverine State)

GOP governor for the last six years in Michigan. Lib gubmint in ON since '03.

lone wolf
Free Thinker
Of the last 100 years, 96 have been under Liberal or Conservative loads....

JLM
No Party Affiliation

Sorry conbots.

The numbers can't lie.

Ontario on track to eliminate deficit next year, Wynne says - Toronto - CBC News

There's another one with one of Hillary's worst traits!

Retired_Can_Soldier
+1
Coming late to the topic. Wynne, eliminate deficit next year.

Is this the jokes section of the forum?

mentalfloss
Quote: Originally Posted by Walter View Post

GOP governor for the last six years in Michigan. Lib gubmint in ON since '03.

Both places the best places to live in their respective countries.

IdRatherBeSkiing
+1

Unless you drink the water.

mentalfloss
Only if you live in the idiot boonies.

taxslave
Free Thinker
+1

Get off the kool aid. Ontario is where people are from, not move to.

Jinentonix
No Party Affiliation

Ummm except for the leftwing "paradise" that is Metro Detroit, the entire damn state is the boonies.

IdRatherBeSkiing

Such as Flint?

lone wolf
Free Thinker
+1
Missisauga.... Bright enough to be swayed. Dumb enough to be swayed by Wynne

JLM
No Party Affiliation
Wynne may be a bit of a bull sh*tter!

10larry
Bit of I'd suggest is a gross understatement.
Hafta luv the creative accounting practiced with pride at queens park, selling of our enterprises, using our have not status triggering ottawas' handout as an asset and ignoring $$$ spent on servicing an ever rising debt they spin a rosy picture. Ontarians however realize the bloom is long off lib rosy bs, only one taxpayer to support justin and kates' manic spend it like there is no tomorrow financial train wreck waiting to happen. When rates rise or rating agencies blow the whistle the train wreck will make greece appear frugal.
Ontario’s budget deficit for 2016 shrinks more than expected to $5.7 billion | Financial Post

Walter
Uh-oh, the Dyke-bitch is mad.
Ontario Liberals At Odds With Auditor General’s Deficit Numbers | Talk Radio AM640

JamesBondo
um....so Wynne says she is on track to stop spending money that they don't have.

JLM
No Party Affiliation
Quote: Originally Posted by JamesBondo View Post

um....so Wynne says she is on track to stop spending money that they don't have.

Well, I guess she's one step ahead of our illustrious Prime Minister!

TenPenny
But wait, spending money you don't have is what makes Trump great!

lone wolf
Free Thinker
We're euchred then....

mentalfloss

Ontario Liberals At Odds With Auditor Generalís Deficit Numbers | Talk Radio AM640

Shady auditor.

JLM
No Party Affiliation

Ontario Liberals At Odds With Auditor Generalís Deficit Numbers | Talk Radio AM640

Walter, Walter, Walter, in this modern day and age it's considered rude to cast aspersions on someone's sexual orientation, especially the Honorable Premier. Smarten up eh!

lone wolf
Free Thinker
Madame Bonehead may be on the track to eliminate next years' deficit. I really wonder what sort of rabbit she's going to pull out of her pointy hat to cover the election year deficit once she's blown all that Hydro money....

Machjo
Quote: Originally Posted by JLM View Post

Walter, Walter, Walter, in this modern day and age it's considered rude to cast aspersions on someone's sexual orientation, especially the Honorable Premier. Smarten up eh!

No worries. I think he just likes to call every woman a dyke bitch. It makes him feel more important than around half of the world's populaiton that way.