Quit Picking on the Republicans

Cliffy
Free Thinker

Girth
Cute.

Now let the Adults debate.

Spongebob Squarepants should be starting anytime, Cliffy.

Cliffy
Free Thinker
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by Girth View Post

Cute.

Now let the Adults debate.

Spongebob Squarepants should be starting anytime, Cliffy.

Yer about as funny as a slug on a salt block. I find it hysterical that you think you are an adult.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JmoG4JY_T58
Last edited by Cliffy; Dec 14th, 2019 at 10:54 PM..

Cliffy
Free Thinker
+1 / -1

Walter
Quote: Originally Posted by Cliffy View Post

Prog shit.

Cliffy
Free Thinker

Hoid
+1
America is so ****ed up

Walter
+1 / -1

Prog shit. Five of the jurors are running to be the Dem candidate, talk about a tainted jury.

Cliffy
Free Thinker
+1

Walter

That sher happened during BHO’s regime.

Cliffy
Free Thinker

JLM
No Party Affiliation

Poor analogy Cliffy! (If anyone could even give a shit)

Cliffy
Free Thinker
Conservative evangelicals aren’t hypocrites — it’s worse than that

I understand why it’s hard for normal people to believe that white evangelical Christians are sadists. Normal people have never been, as I was a long time ago, on the inside of that shadowy religious world. But the sooner they understand this, the sooner normal people will see that white evangelical Christian support for Donald Trump isn’t rooted in hypocrisy, contradiction or merely straying from the straight and narrow. The reason they support a fascist president is simple: They’re sadists.
The word “sadist” is off-putting. I get that. But if you’re thinking of sex, you’re thinking in the wrong way. If you’re thinking of “pleasure,” as in sexual pleasure, you’re thinking the wrong way. The pleasure white evangelical Christians derive from the suffering of human beings deemed less human than they are is not about sex. It’s about the pain, humiliation or even violence out-groups deserve by dint of being out-groups. Gay men, for instance, deserve their punishment because they are gay. Punishment for being gay is “divine justice.” From such “justice” comes pleasure—which is sadism.
I didn’t come up with the term. Richard Rorty did. I’m only pushing it as far to the fore as I can, because I don’t think normal people understand what they are facing, and if they don’t understand, they will keep treating sadists as if they have a legitimate place in a liberal democracy. Cruelty is the point, as Adam Serwer powerfully and famously put it in The Atlantic. But normal people must understand the animating force behind that cruelty. Sadists are sadistic not because they are cruel. It’s much simpler than that. They are cruel because being cruel to people deserving cruelty feels good.
Rorty was expansive in his use of “sadism.” In Achieving Our Country, one of his final books, he characterized slavery, Southern apartheid, racism, misogyny and other ancient hatreds as “socially accepted sadism.” In this, he included not only efforts to harm people—humiliating, cheating, raping and murdering them—but also efforts to rationalize the harm. (For instance: not only is it OK to cheat women out of equal pay for equal work because they are women; women actually want to be cheated.) Though renowned as a philosopher and literary critic, Rorty was a life-long liberal. His goals were many, but key was making “socially accepted sadism” less socially acceptable.

More: https://www.rawstory.com/2019/12/con...orse-than-that

Walter

Conservative evangelicals aren’t hypocrites — it’s worse than that
I understand why it’s hard for normal people to believe that white evangelical Christians are sadists. Normal people have never been, as I was a long time ago, on the inside of that shadowy religious world. But the sooner they understand this, the sooner normal people will see that white evangelical Christian support for Donald Trump isn’t rooted in hypocrisy, contradiction or merely straying from the straight and narrow. The reason they support a fascist president is simple: They’re sadists.
The word “sadist” is off-putting. I get that. But if you’re thinking of sex, you’re thinking in the wrong way. If you’re thinking of “pleasure,” as in sexual pleasure, you’re thinking the wrong way. The pleasure white evangelical Christians derive from the suffering of human beings deemed less human than they are is not about sex. It’s about the pain, humiliation or even violence out-groups deserve by dint of being out-groups. Gay men, for instance, deserve their punishment because they are gay. Punishment for being gay is “divine justice.” From such “justice” comes pleasure—which is sadism.
I didn’t come up with the term. Richard Rorty did. I’m only pushing it as far to the fore as I can, because I don’t think normal people understand what they are facing, and if they don’t understand, they will keep treating sadists as if they have a legitimate place in a liberal democracy. Cruelty is the point, as Adam Serwer powerfully and famously put it in The Atlantic. But normal people must understand the animating force behind that cruelty. Sadists are sadistic not because they are cruel. It’s much simpler than that. They are cruel because being cruel to people deserving cruelty feels good.
Rorty was expansive in his use of “sadism.” In Achieving Our Country, one of his final books, he characterized slavery, Southern apartheid, racism, misogyny and other ancient hatreds as “socially accepted sadism.” In this, he included not only efforts to harm people—humiliating, cheating, raping and murdering them—but also efforts to rationalize the harm. (For instance: not only is it OK to cheat women out of equal pay for equal work because they are women; women actually want to be cheated.) Though renowned as a philosopher and literary critic, Rorty was a life-long liberal. His goals were many, but key was making “socially accepted sadism” less socially acceptable.
More: https://www.rawstory.com/2019/12/con...orse-than-that

Christophobe shit.

Cliffy
Free Thinker
+1 / -1

DaSleeper
+2
Bullshit: Susan Mcdougal went to jail because of role in the whitewater scandal

Search Results

Featured snippet from the web

McDougal was convicted of her role in Whitewater on May 28, 1996, and was sentenced to spend time in prison for four counts of fraud and conspiracy relating to the Whitewater scandal, but her prison term did not begin until March 7, 1998, as there were other court proceedings

Check your facts before repeating the bullshite people post on Facebook......

Walter

Fake.

Walter
Quote: Originally Posted by DaSleeper View Post

Bullshit: Susan Mcdougal went to jail because of role in the whitewater scandal
Search Results
Featured snippet from the web
McDougal was convicted of her role in Whitewater on May 28, 1996, and was sentenced to spend time in prison for four counts of fraud and conspiracy relating to the Whitewater scandal, but her prison term did not begin until March 7, 1998, as there were other court proceedings
Check your facts before repeating the bullshite people post on Facebook......

Progs and truth don't mix.

Hoid
Quote: Originally Posted by Walter View Post

Progs and truth don't mix.

racist birther demands the truth

DaSleeper
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by Hoid View Post

racist birther demands the truth

https://www.thepostmillennial.com/dz...for-his-party/

Cliffy
Free Thinker
+1 / -1

Cliffy
Free Thinker
+1 / -1
I think we could superimpose Wally's face over Moscow Mitch and it wouldn't change the meaning of the cartoon.

Walter
+1

I think we could superimpose Wally's face over Moscow Mitch and it wouldn't change the meaning of the cartoon.

Rent free.

Cliffy
Free Thinker

Walter
Dems are conflicted.

Walter

Progs always call things the opposite of what they are.

Walter
GOP has had a very good few weeks.

Hoid
Racist trying to rally the storm troops

DaSleeper

JLM
No Party Affiliation
Quote: Originally Posted by Walter View Post

GOP has had a very good few weeks.

Oooooooooooh!