Who paid for such stupidity? Little Ice Age caused by death of 55-million Indigenous

Ron in Regina
+3
Quote: Originally Posted by petros View Post

Its the only inevitable life altering climate change in our future.

What will we do to stop it?

Just enjoy the ride. What can we do to alter cycles of the Sun or the alignments of the planets or our place in a bigger cycle of the rotation of the galaxy and so on and so forth? A Carbon Tax isn't the answer but a second Earth (like a summer cottage) that we could commute back and forth to? They could have a Second Human Habitat Tax even.

petros
+3
Quote: Originally Posted by Twin_Moose View Post

A Carbon tax is suppose to not only stop it but reverse it Lol

If we burn tires it would reverse too and it wouldn't cost a penny in taxes.

petros
+5
#33  Top Rated Post
Quote: Originally Posted by Ron in Regina View Post

Just enjoy the ride. What can we do to alter cycles of the Sun or the alignments of the planets or our place in a bigger cycle of the rotation of the galaxy and so on and so forth? A Carbon Tax isn't the answer but a second Earth (like a summer cottage) that we could commute back and forth to? They could have a Second Human Habitat Tax even.

On Global News the other day they said Climate Change is why magnetic North is buggering off to Siberia.

Blame the real reason for climate change on climate change.

Wow!

Ron in Regina
+4

Would it though? Humans are pigs and I sure won't argue that, but in the big picture we're a blip on the radar and whatever we do (or don't do) isn't going to make a whole lot of difference in the long run. When the shit's going to hit the fan I don't think our activity is going to have made much difference. We can clean up our act so we're not wading around knee deep in our own filth, but as far as the climate goes we can affect it temporarily locally (like the Ural Sea) but not permanently globally. Volcano's and asteroids Ice Ages and solar activity and so on and so forth will happen regardless of what we do.

petros
+3
Your right. We'd run out of tires and back we go.

MHz
Quote: Originally Posted by Jinentonix View Post

But it's only racist when Whitey does it. That about sum up your pissy little attitude?

If I am from 20th century Germany and 'Whitey' if all people from the Med Sea to the far north are in the same group. How about Europe as riled by the most powerful people from about 100AD as being factors on how things are run today. If I deal with your post in a 'reasonable fashion' can I still be 'critical if my people' as they are acting out the exodus wars. 'Prissy' is way downstream as this same topic has been front and center before my 50th post. My understanding about 'your kind' has increased more than your understanding about 'my kind' has.

Uh, depending on where, yes it was an 'Oops event'. For example, the Wyandot were an absolutely essential part of the fur trade. They knew the waterways like truckers know the highways. Yet within less than 50 years they lost half their numbers from disease due to incidental contact.

Why would it have to be a 'blanket coverage'? If there are 100 'out-breaks' and 2 are intentional it means 'bio-warfare' was used as a weapon. 'We' also knew how to create diseases in site. Shir around the water hole that is used by the visiting Indians or add it to the 'hootch' that was being 'traded' and you have a mini epidemic. Cholera was created by the UN intentionally in Haiti after the quake just to make a bad situation worse. It was anything but accidental so the question should be why is it allowed to be used today rather than what kind of 'animals' used it on an unsuspecting people in the past. If those methods were 'wring' then then they are still wrong today. NATO has how many 'germ-warfare labs' today so it has not fallen out of fashion.
In the 100 events where the contacted people suffered massive losses how many times did their germs wipe out the 'boat people'. In a lab that should work out to a 50/50 split not 100/0.

Simple fact is, whether it was Europeans, Africans, Arabs, or Asians that settled here, the deaths by disease from incidental contact would have been the same, period.

How often did they intermingle and the populations meshed rather than one was exterminated by a 'new disease'. How about 5 new diseases all at once??

And before you start waffling on about British imperialism, allow me to remind you that the Europeans didn't event the idea of empire. That concept began with the first city state.

I would be more impressed if you would supply a link. If I look it up, and I will, you can say it was 'selective'. If I find a flaw in your reference material then it is less than 100% reliable. As fae as the UK goes I put a big change happening in 1815 and from that moment on the 'Empire building' was directed by European Bankers rather than any European Royals. The UK may have been the last to fall and like the US after WWII they became the military arm of the same Bankers. Both are window dressing, that is why they cab be as 'brutal' as they have been since then.

No empire was ever built on the concept of 'please and thank you'.

I never said it was. I can understand the brutality of the exodus wars where extermination was used more often than not yet in the 20th and 21st centuries the norm should be 'nobody goes hungry' rather than 'what is the fastest and cheapest to exterminate them' view-point.

For you to assess guilt on Whitey and call them racist for understanding that what happened here isn't much different than what happened all throughout human history,

An honest poor person has more value to a social group than a dishonest king. Only one has a chance to rule forever because they are loved rather than feared. You can be tricked into loving somebody. If you fear them then you are dealing with true things rather than a deception.

makes YOU the racist. Mongols, Persians, Babylonians, Egyptians, Chinese, Pheonicians etc all had empires built on backs and blood of others.

One of my latest posts says heroin was a crop 'for the masses' as far back as 5000BC in modern day Iraq. I would say the factors back then are still being felt today. I'm pretty sure whoever invented chess was doing heroin. Why do people do it when it isn't for pain as that is the best time to do it.

Ask Sherlock, that was his drug of choice. You cannot have the world 'slow down' withing you thinking ability becoming faster. When your thinking ability slows down the world should appear to speed up. You cannot have it both ways so it is a lie. Depressed people tend to obsess about a certain thing and 'life passes them by', heroin keeps you in the 'here and now' so you comments are spontaneous which is how an 'alert person' acts. Dreams would be the ability to 'see patterns' that all chess players use. So does everybody in a world that runs on 'survival of the fittest'.

https://www.webmd.com/mental-health/...n/heroin-use#1

How Does It Make You Feel?

Right after taking heroin, you get a rush of good feelings and happiness. Then, for several hours, you feel as if the world has slowed down. You think slowly and may walk slowly. Some users say you feel like you're in a dream.
In an Illinois study of suburban heroin users, some described the feeling as “covered in a warm blanket, where worries are gone.”

Curious Cdn
Heroin was first synthesized in 1898 by Bayer in Germany one does not go back 5000 years. Opium poppy does, though and much further back than that, likely.

Morphine another poppy derivative, goes back to 1806. These substances were both fathered by modern chemistry.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/11862675

taxslave

Weekly drag racing in every community. Fun times again.

MHz
Quote: Originally Posted by Curious Cdn View Post

Heroin was first synthesized in 1898 by Bayer in Germany one does not go back 5000 years. Opium poppy does, though and much further back than that, likely.

Morphine another poppy derivative, goes back to 1806. These substances were both fathered by modern chemistry.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/11862675

https://www.history.com/topics/crime...ne-and-opiates
What Is Opium?
Opium comes from the milky sap of a flower called the opium poppy. The earliest reference to opium use and the cultivation of opium poppies comes from Mesopotamia around 3,400 B.C.
The ancient Sumerians—who inhabited the southernmost region of Mesopotamia in modern-day Iraq and Kuwait—referred to the bright red poppy flowers as hul gil, “the joy plant.”
Opium cultivation spread to the ancient Greeks, Persians and Egyptians. Opium use in ancient Egypt flourished under the reign of King Tutankhamen, around 1333-1324 B.C., and the Greek author Homer referred to opium’s healing powers in the Odyssey.
These ancient societies used opium to help people sleep, to relieve pain and even to calm crying children. There is also some evidence that opium-based medicines were used as anesthesia during surgery. They may also have used the drug recreationally, though they probably weren’t aware of its addictive effects.
Opium was likely introduced to China and East Asia in the sixth or seventh century A.D. through trade along the Silk Road, which connected the Mediterranean cultures of Europe to central Asia, India and China. The region stretching from Afghanistan and Pakistan eastward into India, Myanmar (Burma) and Thailand still produces much of the world’s opium poppies.

MHz
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by taxslave View Post

Weekly drag racing in every community. Fun times again.

Probably not the same meaning today as it was in 1969.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z2OoxzYqgNY

petros
+1
For a short window of time you were somewhat lucid and on your rocker. What happened? New moon?

MHz
Too bad I can't say the same about you. The flaw is on your end, . . . again.

Curious Cdn
Quote: Originally Posted by MHz View Post

https://www.history.com/topics/crime...ne-and-opiates
What Is Opium?
Opium comes from the milky sap of a flower called the opium poppy. The earliest reference to opium use and the cultivation of opium poppies comes from Mesopotamia around 3,400 B.C.
The ancient Sumerians—who inhabited the southernmost region of Mesopotamia in modern-day Iraq and Kuwait—referred to the bright red poppy flowers as hul gil, “the joy plant.”
Opium cultivation spread to the ancient Greeks, Persians and Egyptians. Opium use in ancient Egypt flourished under the reign of King Tutankhamen, around 1333-1324 B.C., and the Greek author Homer referred to opium’s healing powers in the Odyssey.
These ancient societies used opium to help people sleep, to relieve pain and even to calm crying children. There is also some evidence that opium-based medicines were used as anesthesia during surgery. They may also have used the drug recreationally, though they probably weren’t aware of its addictive effects.
Opium was likely introduced to China and East Asia in the sixth or seventh century A.D. through trade along the Silk Road, which connected the Mediterranean cultures of Europe to central Asia, India and China. The region stretching from Afghanistan and Pakistan eastward into India, Myanmar (Burma) and Thailand still produces much of the world’s opium poppies.

Yes ... all of that but Heroin, Morphine, Codeine and the whole constallation of Opioids are modern. Poppy is so old that the Neanderthals probably used it where it grows wild.