How accurate is DNA?

JLM
Identical twins recently had their DNA examined for ancestry, which showed quite different results. What do we read into this?

Hoid
Depending on your level of education you either blame the science or the scientist.

taxslave
+2
Quote: Originally Posted by Hoid View Post

Depending on your level of education you either blame the science or the scientist.

Well you being the only one on here that hasn't finished highschool yet you pick. The opposite will be the coorrect answer.

Theend
About as accurate as cnn

bill barilko
In fact there's little difference in the numbers.

Hoof Hearted
+4
#6  Top Rated Post
Hoid went to ancestry.com and found out he's 20% Irish...20% Scottish...and 60% jackass.

Tecumsehsbones
+3
Quote: Originally Posted by Hoof Hearted View Post

Hoid went to ancestry.com and found out he's 20% Irish...20% Scottish...and 60% jackass.

Trudeaubama found out he's half Maggie and half Mick Jagger.

justlooking
+3
Quote: Originally Posted by Tecumsehsbones View Post

Nope.

Castro.

Hoof Hearted
Hah! Good one T-Bones...

There was a rumour going around the Capital a few years back that our former Prime Minister Joe Clark was the lovechild of John Diefenbaker and his secretary at the time. Can you see the resemblance?...

JLM
Quote: Originally Posted by bill barilko View Post

In fact there's little difference in the numbers.

The one sister had an ethic group present where it didn't show up in the other sister and vice versa (if that is little difference in numbers) as I understood while watching it.

Twin_Moose
You would think that it should not vary at all, were they identical or paternal twins?

bill barilko
Quote: Originally Posted by JLM View Post

The one sister had an ethic group present where it didn't show up in the other sister and vice versa (if that is little difference in numbers) as I understood while watching it.

You didn't understand though

JLM
Quote: Originally Posted by Twin_Moose View Post

You would think that it should not vary at all, were they identical or paternal twins?

Identical as opposed to fraternal.

JLM
Quote: Originally Posted by bill barilko View Post

You didn't understand though

I found it fairly easy to follow, I thought, not being total rocket science.

Hoid
I would question using Ancestry.com as being representative of science.

Blackleaf
The Claim: Identical Twins Have Identical DNA. It is a basic tenet of human biology, taught in grade schools everywhere: Identical twins come from the same fertilized egg and, thus, share identical genetic profiles. But according to new research, though identical twins share very similar genes, identical they are not

https://www.nytimes.com/2008/03/11/health/11real.html

DaSleeper
What about this kind of twins..?

https://qz.com/635040/how-can-two-tw...erent-fathers/

Tecumsehsbones

Hah! Good one T-Bones...
There was a rumour going around the Capital a few years back that our former Prime Minister Joe Clark was the lovechild of John Diefenbaker and his secretary at the time. Can you see the resemblance?...

Sorry, no. All y'all palefaces look the same to me.

Blackleaf
Quote: Originally Posted by DaSleeper View Post

IdRatherBeSkiing
+1

Clearly wrong. The 60% is way too low.

Johnnny
DNA = Do not Accept
DNA = Results not accepted

MHz
A real-time fool-proof sign a person is lying should be next on the list of things to 'create'.

Kreskin
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by Tecumsehsbones View Post

No no; half Maggie half Fidel.

Twin_Moose
+1

Identical as opposed to fraternal.

This is why I was asking

Quote:

The main difference between maternal and paternal twins is that maternal twins are genetically-identical whereas paternal twins are non-identical twins. Maternal twins are also called identical twins or monozygotic twins. They are formed by the splitting of the fertilized egg.

Danbones
Quote: Originally Posted by justlooking View Post

Nope.
Castro.

I had heard Jagger was bi, but castro was too?

MHz
A Cuban with translucent eyebrows??

JLM
Quote: Originally Posted by DaSleeper View Post

You shoot the mother, easier than shooting a different guy every week!

Kreskin
+1

Hah! Good one T-Bones...

Clark has some squirrel DNA.

Curious Cdn

Identical twins recently had their DNA examined for ancestry, which showed quite different results. What do we read into this?

Group sex that night ...

Tecumsehsbones
+1

Why, that all science is mere charlatanry, JLM.

I strongly recommend that, the next time you're unwell, you use a strict course of bleeding and purging to rectify the balance of the bodily humours. None of these fancy pills for you!