The army

Curious Cdn
#61
Quote: Originally Posted by Blackleaf View Post

The British Army has 331 Challenger 2 tanks, 654 CVR(T) armoured fighting vehicles, 769 Warrior armoured fighting vehicles, 895 Bulldog armoured fighting vehicles, around 700 Mastiff, Ridgeback and Wolfhound mobility vehicles, 508 Jackal and Coyote mobility vehicles, 399 Foxhound mobility vehicles, 311 Husky mobility vehicles, 371 Land Rovers, 364 Snatch Land Rovers, 401 Panther vehicles and 11 TPz Fuchs.

They got the toys but not the soldiers, maintenance, or funding to operate them.
 
MHz
#62
Quote: Originally Posted by Blackleaf View Post

Sheer numbers is a crap way to measure military power.

For example, Britain can send any number of her tanks to anywhere on the planet within 24 hours. Germany can't. In fact, only the USA, Britain and France have such power projection capabilities.

Tanks are usually part of a larger unit, each tank would include a number of support personnel that could be estimated to be total forces as well as their ability to enter a combat zine, fight for it and bring in enough. Tanks move at a certain speed and they stay holed up if the air belongs to the enemy
100 people in the supply-line that supports 1 tank and they travel in groups of 10 means 1,000 people needed. Jane's has accurate stats for what Nato has to play with and probably some recent moves and the number of people involved.
 
Curious Cdn
#63
Quote: Originally Posted by MHz View Post

Tanks are usually part of a larger unit, each tank would include a number of support personnel that could be estimated to be total forces as well as their ability to enter a combat zine, fight for it and bring in enough. Tanks move at a certain speed and they stay holed up if the air belongs to the enemy
100 people in the supply-line that supports 1 tank and they travel in groups of 10 means 1,000 people needed. Jane's has accurate stats for what Nato has to play with and probably some recent moves and the number of people involved.

Tank formations work against tank formations. They diddly squat against any other assymetric threat. The World has changed. Main Battle Tanks are dinosaurs.
 
MHz
#64
Quote: Originally Posted by Blackleaf View Post

The British Army has 331 Challenger 2 tanks, 654 CVR(T) armoured fighting vehicles, 769 Warrior armoured fighting vehicles, 895 Bulldog armoured fighting vehicles, around 700 Mastiff, Ridgeback and Wolfhound mobility vehicles, 508 Jackal and Coyote mobility vehicles, 399 Foxhound mobility vehicles, 311 Husky mobility vehicles, 371 Land Rovers, 364 Snatch Land Rovers, 401 Panther vehicles and 11 TPz Fuchs.

How many people in the whole supply line would be needed to keep them supplied during 'war time' so no weekends off??
When Putin says 'there would be no time to repent.' should Russia be attacked he does not seem to be talking about driving around the continent looking for the enemy.
 
MHz
#65
Quote: Originally Posted by Curious Cdn View Post

Tank formations work against tank formations. They diddly squat against any other assymetric threat. The World has changed. Main Battle Tanks are dinosaurs.

They are great for stopping 'civil unrest inside a country', that is why they are still being made and sold to dictators..
 
Blackleaf
#66
Quote: Originally Posted by Curious Cdn View Post

They got the toys but not the soldiers, maintenance, or funding to operate them.

Course we have. Britain is the fourth biggest defence spender on this planet. And our soldiers can operate their equipment far from home, which the Germans, Russians and Chinese can't do.
 
Curious Cdn
#67
Quote: Originally Posted by Blackleaf View Post

Course we have. Britain is the fourth biggest defence spender on this planet. And our soldiers can operate their equipment far from home, which the Germans, Russians and Chinese can't do.

Your military can barely sail a ship, fly a plane right now. They are as skinned as ours are. The two new carriers and your Makinot Line nuclear weapons eat up the lion's share of your defense budgets, right now. No money left for bullets after paying for those squadrons of tricked out F-35 VTOLs for the Royal Navy. They cost waaay more than anyone can afford to pay for them.
 
Christian
#68
Last edited by Christian; 3 weeks ago at 10:08 AM..Reason: Informative
 
Christian
#69
Quote: Originally Posted by Curious Cdn View Post

Your military can barely sail a ship, fly a plane right now. They are as skinned as ours are. The two new carriers and your Makinot Line nuclear weapons eat up the lion's share of your defense budgets, right now. No money left for bullets after paying for those squadrons of tricked out F-35 VTOLs for the Royal Navy. They cost waaay more than anyone can afford to pay for them.

The British and Canada lived on WWII merits since nothing strengthened by these highly-acclaimed sports nations.
 
Christian
#70
United States are Since Gulf war begun of the 2003 almost number one Since beaten Iraq Army. May become Iraq's new list in the top ten list after its triumph against terrorist by IS against Pershmerga and the Iraqi army Since start war 2014 to the end 2017 by the IS.
 
Christian
#71
2 to 9 place same list Since 2018.

Is the closest right.
Last edited by Christian; 3 weeks ago at 01:17 PM..Reason: Fooling
 
Christian
#72
Perhaps North Korea and Taiwan in the same top ten on utterances of ten.

Like this top ten this year.


1.North Korea
2.Russia
3.China
4.India
5.France
6.United Kingdom
7.South Korea
8.Japan
9.Turkey
10.Taiwan

Or the military top:

1.New place
2.Russia
3.China
4.India
5.France
6.United Kingdom
7.South Korea
8.Japan
9.Egypt
10.Iraq
Last edited by Christian; 3 weeks ago at 01:33 PM..Reason: Gaming
 
Christian
#73
The same of the top six may also be the top eight since it became Egypt + Iraq or Pakistan + Taiwan.
 
Christian
#74
Eventually, perhaps very possible on the way to realizing a new top seven list of new seventh and new first of Taiwan and North Korea became the first time the United States puddled down from first place.
Last edited by Christian; 2 weeks ago at 03:50 PM..Reason: Also United States outside seven
 

Similar Threads

0
Dad's Army
by Blackleaf | Dec 24th, 2006
5
Army OCT 1ST
by EastSideScotian | Sep 22nd, 2006
7
Our army!
by Proud_Quebecer | Jun 10th, 2004