Canadian charged with murder for using gun to stop home invasion

B00Mer
Canadian charged with murder for using gun to stop home invasion

On last night's episode of The Ezra Levant Show, guest-host Sheila Gunn Reid and Andrew Lawton, a Fellow with the True North Initiative, discussed yet another case of a Canadian man being charged (this time with second-degree murder!) for using firearms to counter a home invasion.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FaZY...ature=youtu.be

What Canada's Toronto-based media and pundit class don't understand is that police response times in rural communities are dangerously unreliable, so residents must rely on themselves and legal firearms for protection.

source:: https://www.therebel.media/canada-cr...bel-media-news
------------------------------

Only in Canada does the criminal have more rights that the victim..

I would have shot the fukker then buried his body.. the police won't know jack shit.

The police in Canada are a fukking joke.. I have no respect for them.

I’d rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6.

Serryah
Eh, it's CBC but this is another 'angle' to the story.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/saska...sion-1.4967803

Also, looking into this... you really are just a hotheaded azz who just wants to stir pointless crap up, aren't you?

First: the home is IN Weyburn, it's not rural.
Second: There are TWO police stations nearby that house - one just down the road one minute away, the other is the RCMP who are 2 minutes away. A third Police station is the Sheriff. ( https://www.google.com/maps/search/p...5!2d49.6648629 )

I mean, if you want to get your panties in that much of a knot about something, at least find something that isn't so easily proven you are trying to be a cheap ass troll.

BTW: https://regina.ctvnews.ca/man-charge...ance-1.4244930

Quote:

The target of the home invasion, 23-year-old Keegan Muxlow, was charged with second-degree murder, unsafe storage of a firearm and possession of a gun without a valid licence.
Muxlow’s case was adjourned until January 22. He will be remanded into custody until that appearance.
Police have also charged 23-year-old Dominick Hawkes and 25-year-old William McLeod with break and enter, assault, and possession of a gun without a license. Hawkes is also facing charges for cocaine possession. Hutt was with Hawkes and Mcleod during the invasion. They will also remain in custody until Jan. 22.

So yeah, NO ONE is getting out of this without being dragged through the court, and the guys who did the B&E damn well deserve what they get, yes but the guy who killed the 18 year old ALSO deserves to be held accountable for what he did.

Twin_Moose
+3
#3  Top Rated Post
There were also knives involved with a stabbing, it is also believed to be centered around drugs, I believe I posted this in the gun thread

B00Mer
+1
You come into my home to do harm.. I don't give a rats ass if the police station is 1 KM away.. your ass is getting ventilated, rolled up in a carpet, tossed into my pickup and driven out to Alberta crown lands.. where you will become bear bait, and eventually a little bear turd in the middle of the forest.

Other evidence burned to a crisp.

There is absolutely no reason to trivialize the police and taxpayers with matters that can be handled with due diligence.

Last edited by B00Mer; 4 weeks ago at 12:11 PM..

Twin_Moose
+1
Our area is in the within an hour response time, we do protect our home and have plenty of time to clean up before the law show up.

B00Mer
+2
In all seriousness through.. It's surprises me how that fella had a loaded firearm so handy.. I have a trigger lock on all my firearms, then secured in a safe. My ammunition is secured in a different safe.. and you would need a hoist to remove the safes. It took 5 guys to get them into place.

But remember I have about $35,000 in firearms.. I really don't want them in the hands of a criminal or terrorist.

Twin_Moose
+2
Stuff like this doesn't install confidence that the Gov. is interested in keeping you safe and why one needs to protect themselves.

How a killer sex attacker once deemed an eternal threat to Canadian society got parole anyway

DaSleeper
+1
Someone breaks into your house, you don't say "Could you wait outside while I call the police....

You defend yourself by any means at your disposal..

It's even better if you just happened to be cleaning your gun when it happened....

Serryah
+3
The shooter also had a gun without a license. I mean come the f on. Everyone knows you need a license for your firearms now. He was already illegal/a criminal before this.

That said I admit that sometimes I *am* the the fence about self-defense of your property. In this case there was no need for anyone to be killed.

But in a true rural area? A person should have a right to defend themselves and their property.

Twin_Moose
+1
Hard to feel for him with the choices he made in life, lotsa questions in this one.

Ron in Regina
+3
Quote: Originally Posted by Serryah View Post

The shooter also had a gun without a license. I mean come the f on. Everyone knows you need a license for your firearms now. He was already illegal/a criminal before this.

That said I admit that sometimes I *am* the the fence about self-defense of your property. In this case there was no need for anyone to be killed.

But in a true rural area? A person should have a right to defend themselves and their property.

Like Gerald Stanley? Happened in rural SK & he was crucified in the media, and Trudeau spoke up for the criminals that he had to defend himself & his family from.

Quote: Originally Posted by Serryah View Post

Eh, it's CBC but this is another 'angle' to the story.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/saska...sion-1.4967803

Also, looking into this... you really are just a hotheaded azz who just wants to stir pointless crap up, aren't you?

First: the home is IN Weyburn, it's not rural.
Second: There are TWO police stations nearby that house - one just down the road one minute away, the other is the RCMP who are 2 minutes away. A third Police station is the Sheriff. ( https://www.google.com/maps/search/p...5!2d49.6648629 )

I mean, if you want to get your panties in that much of a knot about something, at least find something that isn't so easily proven you are trying to be a cheap ass troll.

BTW: https://regina.ctvnews.ca/man-charge...ance-1.4244930

So yeah, NO ONE is getting out of this without being dragged through the court, and the guys who did the B&E damn well deserve what they get, yes but the guy who killed the 18 year old ALSO deserves to be held accountable for what he did.

I'm somewhat familiar with this story (not directly by any means, but read several news stories, listened to a radio program one Saturday. etc...). I think all involved where ditch-pigs, but it doesn't change the fact that the home invaders where armed with knifes and a shotgun. Sounds like the guy who shot his home invaders, once he was in the police station, had a significant quantity of Cocaine on him (Whoops!), but that doesn't change the fact that his home was invaded by three guys (not selling Girl Scout cookies) with knives and a shotgun.

I live in Regina 9 city blocks and a few houses from the police station. I can tell you about two separate instances of violence or police emergency where the police response times to less than 10 city blocks from the police station where 45 minutes and 4&1/2hrs the other time. The proximity to the police station isn't relevant to the response time. I know this may sound 'flip' but it's real. The 4&1/2hr response time story is just ugly, and the other one is almost beyond belief but it's real.

Twin_Moose
+2
Three more charged in connection to Weyburn’s first homicide in 20 years

Always more to the story

B00Mer
Quote: Originally Posted by Twin_Moose View Post

Three more charged in connection to Weyburn’s first homicide in 20 years
Always more to the story

I find it sucks that Canadians can't defend their own homes.. what a shit country..