Food shortage? We’re not at war. We're leaving an undemocratic bureaucracy

Blackleaf
Hell, the Remainers think WE’RE gullible. For having believed the “lies” of the Brexit campaign.

But it is hard to imagine anyone could be quite so stupid as to really believe we’ll be short of food if we tell our European friends to shove their deal where the sun doesn’t shine...

Rod Liddle Food shortage? We’re not at war. We are leaving an undemocratic bureaucracy

It is ridiculous to believe the scaremongering coming from the Government and the ones who really eat it up — the Remoaners

Comment
By Rod Liddle, Sun Columnist
2nd August 2018
The Sun

ARE you stockpiling your cans of food in case there’s a no deal on Brexit?

Stacking up the tins of beans and Fray Bentos steak and kidney pie ready for Armageddon and Year Zero?

There's no need to stock up on food because there won't be a food shortage

My guess is you’re not. And that you think the scaremongering from the Government is utterly ridiculous.

Hell, the Remainers think WE’RE gullible. For having believed the “lies” of the Brexit campaign.

But it is hard to imagine anyone could be quite so stupid as to really believe we’ll be short of food if we tell our European friends to shove their deal where the sun doesn’t shine.

They even had a debate on Remainer Central (that’s BBC Newsnight to you and me) about what we could put in our sandwiches if we fail to sign a deal. Basically it came down to Kirsty Wark’s toenail clippings and Evan Davis’s nostril hair. That’s your lot.

We are not in a war so our shelves won't suddenly become empty

Do they really think we’re that stupid? We’re not at war, you know. We’re just leaving an undemocratic bureaucracy.

Do these dingbats really think that the Spanish tomato growers and the Dutch pig farmers are going to refuse to sell us anything? Or that we would refuse to buy their produce? Get real.

The debate about whether we should leave or remain in the EU was pretty shoddy. There was exaggeration and outlandish claims made by both sides.

I never believed the rubbish about an extra £350million a week for the NHS. And if I’d thought we were going to do that I’d probably have voted Remain. If ever there was a waste of money, that would be it.

I never believed the rubbish about an extra £350million

The difference is, the Remainers believe all the crap that’s spouted by their side. Every bit of it.

Just as they believed the economy would be wrecked within a week of the vote. When actually it has been doing very well indeed and is projected to do even better.

Sky fallen in yet? Nope. Instead we’re busy sorting out new trade deals with, among others, Japan and Australia. Employment is booming, unemployment is the lowest for decades, wages are rising and inflation is coming down.

And so the Project Fearmongers dream up another nightmare scenario which exists only in their weird imaginations. We’ll all starve! No medicines!

Jeremy Hunt is doing well so far as our new Foreign Secretary

The threats come from our own remainers — but also from within the EU. Especially (quelle surprise) the awful French.

Have you ever known a people more clingy? Listen, mon ami — it’s over, we’re leaving. Our bags are packed and ready in the hallway.

It was fun while it lasted (well, actually, it wasn’t THAT much fun) but now we’re going. Try to get over it. And stop the blackmail, you ludicrous little people.

Jeremy Hunt — never my favourite politician — has at least started well as our new Foreign Secretary.

Warning the EU that it will lose far more than the UK if there’s no deal.

No kidding, Jezza.

We import far more from the EU than we sell to them. There is not the slightest danger of those imports being prevented from arriving here. To suggest otherwise is utterly absurd.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/692085...food-shortage/

Walter
Big gubmint progs always got cry, “Wolf!”

Hoid
The level of discourse in Britain is comically low.

Trump would fit right in.

Curious Cdn
No Party Affiliation
Quote: Originally Posted by Hoid View Post

The level of discourse in Britain is comically low.

Trump would fit right in.

They dispise him there, mostly. Trump only fits in to Trump Land.

Danbones
Free Thinker
Which is much bigger than the postage stamp YOU call home...

Dixie Cup
Conservative
+3
#6  Top Rated Post
Ah well, you know the left - always trying to scare monger much as they accuse the right of doing. Nothing has changed and hopefully most of the Brits will see it for what it is...especially since things are still going well and the sun still rises each and every day.

Walter
Quote: Originally Posted by Curious Cdn View Post

They dispise him there, mostly. Trump only fits in to Trump Land.

Despise, not dispise. I even had to override my spellcheck to get that one posted.

DaSleeper
Quote: Originally Posted by Walter View Post

Despise, not dispise. I even had to override my spellcheck to get that one posted.

from the same people who write "hypocrasy" instead of "hypocrisy"

Blackleaf
+1
Coffee House

Juncker and Barnier have made me rethink my Remain vote

Averil Burgess

Michel Barnier and Jean Claude Juncker

Averil Burgess
4 August 2018
The Spectator

I completely agree with David Harris. Like him a Remain voter and a Londoner, I was utterly shocked by the result of the referendum, spending some hours trawling the online results in an attempt to understand what had happened. It was a salutary experience, yielding many surprises (Sevenoaks voted out!) and forced me to reappraise my initial generalised assumptions about the vote. We on the Remain side lost, and fairly.

Since then I have been so angered and repelled by the behaviour of Messrs Juncker and Barnier that should we be obliged to vote again I will vote to Leave.

This letter appears in this week’s Spectator

https://blogs.spectator.co.uk/2018/0...y-remain-vote/

Hoid
The undemocratic part is that they didn't get to vote, only you did?

Blackleaf

The undemocratic part is that they didn't get to vote, only you did?

Barnier and Drunker Juncker aren't British, Irish or Commonwealth citizens resident in the UK or Gibraltar, so they weren't able to vote.

Hoid
Shouldn't the entire EU vote n something so important to the EU?

Blackleaf

Shouldn't the entire EU vote n something so important to the EU?

You mean just like the entire UK voted in the Scottish independence referendum and the entire Canada voted in the Quebec referenda?

Hoid
yes. Exactly like that.