A FAQ is needed.

Goober
Quote: Originally Posted by gerryh View Post

and what? I already said that the post is moot....... does not apply........ you didn't call me a liar....... do I need to use smaller words? Larger font?

You the one that always looks for a reply- well in this case it would be appreciated by me - When have I ever called you a liar?

gerryh
Quote: Originally Posted by Goober View Post

You the one that always looks for a reply- well in this case it would be appreciated by me - When have I ever called you a liar?

How many times do I need to reply?

Goober

How many times do I need to reply?

To the question I asked. If you prefer not to answer a direct question, then say so.
I cannot recall ever calling you a liar- For you to jump to that conclusion was surprising.
Next- I think you jumped the gun?

gerryh

the rolled eyes were for the fact that you denied doing what you obviously did. You didn't check to see if I was right, you just jumped in and flat out denied and by extension called me a liar.

Oh the comma -No, I did not.
or
I did not know.
And when have I called you a liar?

sorry, thank you. Makes all the difference.

No, he did not.

Grammar and punctuation are amazing things. Used improperly they can change the meaning of a sentence completely.

and what? I already said that the post is moot....... does not apply........ you didn't call me a liar....... do I need to use smaller words? Larger font?

To the question I asked. If you prefer not to answer a direct question, then say so.
I cannot recall ever calling you a liar- For you to jump to that conclusion was surprising.
Next- I think you jumped the gun?

what more do you need goober?

DaSleeper
+1
Damn those boring Saturdays nights.........

JLM
Don't the moderators appear in green at the bottom of the home page?

Sal
Quote: Originally Posted by JLM View Post

I have looked for a colour map to understand what the various colours mean but couldn't find one. I think green is mod, and Andem is gold and banned is pink or red... or maybe that is just timed out.

JLM
Quote: Originally Posted by Sal View Post

I have looked for a colour map to understand what the various colours mean but couldn't find one. I think green is mod, and Andem is gold and banned is pink or red... or maybe that is just timed out.

And what is "blue"?

Sal

And what is "blue"?

yeah, not sure about that because Ton appears as blue and he is a mod too.

SLM

Only if they've been online in the past 24 hours. The names at the bottom of the page, if I'm not mistaken, are for members currently online.

And what is "blue"?

Sub-forum specific mods I think. Like a "Demi-Mod", lol.

JLM

Oh, I didn't realize Ton was a mod,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,oooooooooooh I'm going to have to be politer to him. -

Sal
+1

Oh, I didn't realize Ton was a mod,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,oooooooooooh I'm going to have to be politer to him. -

lol, to avoid a hand smackin'... just in case

JLM
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by SLM View Post

Only if they've been online in the past 24 hours. The names at the bottom of the page, if I'm not mistaken, are for members currently online.

I don't think you can go too much by that, some people keep their computer turned on all the time with the web site minimized.

Cliffy
+2

Yup, Ton is Mod for the science and environment threads only.

Sal
I think that thing at the bottom with all of the names is a 24 hours monitor and then the side pictures show who is currently "on line" but not necessarily active at the time in the forum...(just connected) or at least not signed out... I never sign out.

JLM
Quote: Originally Posted by Cliffy View Post

Where would one look to get this kind of information?

Sal
+1

oh phew, now I don't have to be my normal sweet self to Ton as I never post mean things about science or the environment.

Cliffy

It has been mentioned a few times in some threads but I can't remember when or where.

Sal
heeeeeeeeeeey Ton's here...lmao...were your ears burning?

Tonington
+1
Lol, yeah! It has been brought up a few times. Andem asked a bunch of us to be forum leaders at one point, not quite mods. But people who added content to their sub-forum(s) and could move threads if necessary. There were a bunch of us at one point.

SLM
+2

Are you getting why the OP was posted maybe? Lol.

JLM
+2
Quote: Originally Posted by Tonington View Post

Lol, yeah! It has been brought up a few times. Andem asked a bunch of us to be forum leaders at one point, not quite mods. But people who added content to their sub-forum(s) and could move threads if necessary. There were a bunch of us at one point.

So "blue" means you are some kind of honcho?

Are you getting why the OP was posted maybe? Lol.

Sorry, my memory is good but it's short!

SLM
+1
I like the term "Demi-Mod" and think we should vote to make it "official". LOL.

Cliffy
Quote: Originally Posted by Tonington View Post

Yer the last of the blues, eh. You don't look blueish.

Nuggler
+2

read my original reply, which is now moot since you explained your omitting of the comma.

The first word in your reply should start with an upper case (capital) letter.

..................since we're doing the grammar thing.

Drive on.

I like the term "Demi-Mod" and think we should vote to make it "official". LOL.

Jeesus !!!

no

Check out Google maps. Lots of colours. Let me know what they mean, as I get readily confused.

Cliffy
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by Nuggler View Post

Drive on.

Jeesus !!!

no

Check out Google maps. Lots of colours. Let me know what they mean, as I get readily confused.

Are you suffering from diminished capacity in yer old age? Maybe we should call you Demi-Nugg.

Nuggler

Are you suffering from diminished capacity in yer old age? Maybe we should call you Demi-Nugg.

That would be severe diminished capacity.......................

Sal

Drive on.

Jeesus !!!

no

That would be severe diminished capacity.......................

Sunday afternoon and the jokes just keep coming...

shadowshiv
+1

Actually, Tonington isn't really a Mod. More like a Mod-Lite. He has the ability to edit posts and whatnot, but from his specific sub-forum only. He, and the others listed in blue, have no access to the Staff section at all. So, here are the colours:

green: Mods (for entire forum)

blue: Forum Leaders (only for their specific Sub-forum)

orange: Admin (the boss man, Andem, only)

red: banned, for both temporary and permanent bannings

pink: Annoying User. Although I am not sure if we still use that colour code anymore as we usually just ban 'em

I hope that explained it for everyone.

Cliffy
Quote: Originally Posted by shadowshiv View Post

Actually, Tonington isn't really a Mod. More like a Mod-Lite. He has the ability to edit posts and whatnot, but from his specific sub-forum only. He, and the others listed in blue, have no access to the Staff section at all. So, here are the colours:

green: Mods (for entire forum)

blue: Forum Leaders (only for their specific Sub-forum)

orange: Admin (the boss man, Andem, only)

red: banned, for both temporary and permanent bannings

pink: Annoying User. Although I am not sure if we still use that colour code anymore as we usually just ban 'em

I hope that explained it for everyone.

Well thar be a lot of pinkos on the bottom of the main forum page. They all look like spammers.