How about them Canucks!

Cannuck
Quote: Originally Posted by JLM View Post

... it would have been difficult to predict that at the time the Sedins were drafted.

It wasn't difficult at all. It was well known in hockey circles that they were soft. They were lucky to make it to the finals against Beantown. Like the Flames, who went to the cup final against Tampa, they should have realized it was a fluke. In the Nucks case, they probably did but their fans were stupid enough to believe they would be back the following year

captain morgan

They'd just quit and go back to Sweden!

That's their choice... They can always play in the Swedish leagues or get a job in the pickled herring factory I suppose.

Fact is, they came to the NHL because that's where the money is

You don't want to forget it was the Canucks who won the President's trophy two years in a row. It was just shit house bad luck that they lost the cup to Boston that year. One idiot got himself suspended for the rest of the playoff for being a goon. As Idiot boy should know it would have been difficult to predict that at the time the Sedins were drafted.

That's a great accomplishment, but they couldn't close the deal on the Cup at the end of the day

Cannuck
The sisters would jump at the chance to win a cup. Just about every player says they only want play where are. It's great public relations.

Unfortunately for the sisters, any serious cup contender wouldn't want them

JLM
Quote: Originally Posted by captain morgan View Post

That's their choice... They can always play in the Swedish leagues or get a job in the pickled herring factory I suppose.

What's the average tenure? 8-10 years at the most? I don't see the Sedins as being anyone's fools and I would guess after 18 years, they'll never NEED another job for financial purposes. J.M.H.O.

bill barilko
It was a helluva shot he used the forward as a screen/made him back into the goalie's line of sight and BOOM!

Cannuck
Boom goes the dynamite!!

https://youtu.be/W45DRy7M1no

JLM
Another Canuck victory at the expense of Chicago no less!

bill barilko
Eriksson put forth some decent defensive forward play tonight something the team has long needed.

JLM
Holy shit, look at dem Canucks!

JLM
6/0 vs. the Stars!

captain morgan
They are still 2nd last in the Western Conference

JLM
Quote: Originally Posted by captain morgan View Post

They are still 2nd last in the Western Conference

That's good, the lower you are the more room to improve!

bill barilko
Boston really embarrassed themselves last night falling 6-1 to a mediocre Canuck lineup that was backed by a decent performance from Anders Nilsson; in fairness the Bruins never quit but neither could they generate any consistency.

JLM
Quote: Originally Posted by bill barilko View Post

Boston really embarrassed themselves last night falling 6-1 to a mediocre Canuck lineup that was backed by a decent performance from Anders Nilsson; in fairness the Bruins never quit but neither could they generate any consistency.

Yep, two stellar games in the past week. We just have to be careful we don't jinx them for the playoffs.

Murphy
I hate standard poodles and what some owners do to them.

I also hate nutmeg.

JLM
Quote: Originally Posted by avro24 View Post

I despise the Cannucks.....having said that they have good young talent.....still despise them though.

Based on.................?

gopher
Capitals forward calls fans racial taunts 'disgusting' - StarTribune.com

Washington Capitals right wing Devante Smith-Pelly (25) argues with Chicago Blackhawks fans from the penalty box during the third period of an NHL hockey game Saturday, Feb. 17, 2018, in Chicago.

Media reported that those naughty fans were ejected and nothing further happened.

JLM

Okay, it's not the team.....it's the fans.

Destroy the city because you lost?

Heck, I'm a life long Habs fan and we don't destroy anything unless we win.

It may have been partly due to the arena being close to the centre of the drug scene, but for whatever reason there's definitely no excuse for that bull shit.

Cannuck

That's good

Hehehehe...Canuck fan thinks being shitty is good. Nuck fans are almost as silly as Leaves fans

... there's definitely no excuse for that bull shit.

Of course there is. Canuck fans are morons

JLM

Okay, it's not the team.....it's the fans.

Destroy the city because you lost?

Heck, I'm a life long Habs fan and we don't destroy anything unless we win.

I've always liked the Habs - they are just in a temporary slump, happens to the best of them. Pay no mind to Putz, he's a loser!

Cannuck

I've always liked the Habs

I'm not surprised, given your complete lack of hockey knowledge.

pgs
Quote: Originally Posted by Cannuck View Post

I'm not surprised, given your complete lack of hockey knowledge.

Canucks rookie has 3 points tonight along with 2 in opening game . Finally . Still 10 minutes left he could get more .