Guess who'll be running Harper's Election?

Reverend Blair
A small-minded little fascist from the USA. He hates natives and believes in the Bible...in classrooms.

His name is Tom Flanagan and he is the man behind Stephen Harper

Vanni Fucci
Free Thinker
Quote: Originally Posted by Reverend Blair

A small-minded little fascist from the USA. He hates natives and believes in the Bible...in classrooms.

His name is Tom Flanagan and he is the man behind Stephen Harper

Yeah...I read this awhile back...this should be required reading for all potential voters...

Reverend Blair
You should read some of the stuff that Flanagan has written about natives. He manages to keep it just on the legal side of hate speech.

Vanni Fucci
Free Thinker

You should read some of the stuff that Flanagan has written about natives. He manages to keep it just on the legal side of hate speech.

I tend to not get too far reading despicable hate literature...it would piss me off for a month...

badboy
You guys are lucky I'm not running it for Harper. Martin would be moving to Europe on CSL after i was done with him.

Vanni Fucci
Free Thinker
I don't give a f**k about Harper or Martin...they're both criminals in my opinion...

badboy
No Martin is a criminal and should go to jail.

Harper not yet, but he will get his chance soon.

mrmom2
Not bloody likely

Reverend Blair
Do you have anything to say, Bad Boy?

mrmom2
of course he dosn't Rev

snoproblem
Tom effin' Flanagan...yeesh. This, just after Harper made so much noise about the PC's being a party of 'moderates'. Right.

The man's a glutton for punishment.

badboy

Do you have anything to say, Bad Boy?

Your going to love Harper as the next PM . unless your gay, then Not so much.

mrmom2
Bush's yes man will never win Badboy we don't want to be Americans!

Jay

Unfortunately for you, because Iím sure there would be nothing more satisfying for you, to throw people in jail for writing books, and saying things.

Reverend Blair
It reveals him for what he is, Jay. That's good enough for me. How does it feel to be on the same side as somebody like that? Does it make you proud?

Gonzo
The Conservatives do have a secrete agenda on privatizing health care. Having this Flanagan guy running the Conservative campaign is proof that Bush wants us to have a right wing party in power. Why could that be?

Reverend Blair
That agenda isn't secret since yesterday, Gonzo. Unfortunately the press is down-playing the Harris-Manning paper so far. I expect that will come to an end shortly though.

Bush and Harper (as well as Flanagan) belong to the same school of neo-conservatism. Basically it says that might makes right, the government is there to support corporations, and profits are all that matters.

MMMike

That agenda isn't secret since yesterday, Gonzo. Unfortunately the press is down-playing the Harris-Manning paper so far. I expect that will come to an end shortly though.

Bush and Harper (as well as Flanagan) belong to the same school of neo-conservatism. Basically it says that might makes right, the government is there to support corporations, and profits are all that matters.

Oh, I'm sorry Rev. I didn't realize that Harper will be running under the Fraser Institute party in the upcoming election. I guess using the same logic, any press release by Greenpeace or other left leaning organization represents the policies of the NDP??

And if you similarly condense the NDP's philosophy, it would say that might makes right if you are the underdog, the government is there to take money from successful people and give it to the loosers, and profit is a four letter word?

Reverend Blair
Harris and Manning, as well as old drunken Ralphie-boy in Alberta, are powerful people within the Conservative Party. You know that. You also know that Harper has backed privatisation in the past. You also know that the Fraser Institute sets much of the Conservative agenda, as well as influencing a lot of the corporatists on the right side of the Liberal Party.

If you don't know that, then I suggest that you need to learn a fair bit more about Canadian politics before commenting further.

badboy

Harris and Manning, as well as old drunken Ralphie-boy in Alberta, are powerful people within the Conservative Party. You know that. You also know that Harper has backed privatisation in the past. You also know that the Fraser Institute sets much of the Conservative agenda, as well as influencing a lot of the corporatists on the right side of the Liberal Party.

If you don't know that, then I suggest that you need to learn a fair bit more about Canadian politics before commenting further.

Maybe privatization for people that have money is a good thing, then MRI's won't be 6 weeks. Whatís the problem with getting better service if you got the cash?

You eat steak and lobster every night? No, but there are people that can afford it and probity do. Does that piss you off?

Youíre just afraid that you will have to pay for something in the future; well nothing in this life is free. Not even healthcare.

Reverend Blair
Quote:

Maybe privatization for people that have money is a good thing, then MRI's won't be 6 weeks. Whatís the problem with getting better service if you got the cash?

So it's okay for them to eight or ten weeks for poor people and immediate for rich people? Are you admitting that you are an elitist who would let poor people starve so you could have a steak.

Quote:

You eat steak and lobster every night? No, but there are people that can afford it and probity do. Does that piss you off?

Doesn't piss me off at all. By the way, "probity" isn't a word in any known language.

Quote:

Youíre just afraid that you will have to pay for something in the future; well nothing in this life is free. Not even healthcare.

Our healthcare isn't free, we pay for it through our taxes. It costs way less per capita than the US system does. If we were, in our present system, to pay as much per capita as the US does we could have an MRI on every street corner.

badboy

Quote:

So it's okay for them to eight or ten weeks for poor people and immediate for rich people? Are you admitting that you are an elitist who would let poor people starve so you could have a steak.

Quote:

Doesn't piss me off at all. By the way, "probity" isn't a word in any known language.

Quote:

Our healthcare isn't free, we pay for it through our taxes. It costs way less per capita than the US system does. If we were, in our present system, to pay as much per capita as the US does we could have an MRI on every street corner.

glad you use a spell checker. -.02% for that please

Oh what we pay in taxes would pay for 200 MRI machine. And i would need facts to backup your stance "It costs way less per capita than the US system" i think your wrong , very wrong.

I'll get our #'s from the us office tomorrow, i know what each person pays into the HMO we have. One of the best in the states.

I guess you don't like the fact, people with money would get faster service. i do , you pay for what you get in this life.

Reverend Blair
Quote:

glad you use a spell checker. -.02% for that please

Actually I don't use a spell-checker. You didn't make a spelling mistake or a typo though...you made up a whole new word.

Quote:

Oh what we pay in taxes would pay for 200 MRI machine. And i would need facts to backup your stance "It costs way less per capita than the US system" i think your wrong , very wrong.

Then prove it.

Quote:

I'll get our #'s from the us office tomorrow, i know what each person pays into the HMO we have. One of the best in the states.

Not just your HMO, Troll Boy, and not just what you pay in. Get the real numbers, all of them. Per capita health costs. You pay into your HMO, or your company does. You also cover some health costs in taxes.

Quote:

I guess you don't like the fact, people with money would get faster service. i do , you pay for what you get in this life.

Then don't let the door hit you in the ass on your way down to Jesusland.

crit13
Quote:

Then don't let the door hit you in the ass on your way down to Jesusland.

Your constant bashing of Christianity is getting a little tiresome don't you think? I'm not even that religious, yet I find your remarks very hateful.

You call 56% of the Canadian population bigots for not supporting SSM yet here you are taking pot shots at Chritianity on a whim.

Who's the one spreading hate here?

Reverend Blair
You quote on poll over and over again, ignoring all the polls that said the opposite. You back up obvious trolls. You seem to lack the knowledge of the press to know what Jesusland refers to. You are on thin ice, crit.

Jay

It reveals him for what he is, Jay. That's good enough for me. How does it feel to be on the same side as somebody like that? Does it make you proud?

I doubt he is as bad as the left would have us believe.

Also he is running a campaign, not running for PM.

crit13
Quote:

You are on thin ice, crit.

Thin ice for what Rev? Calling a spade a spade.

Are you going to sit there and tell me that you have NOT made derogatory remarks towards Christianity??????

YOUR COMMENTS CAN BE FOUND ALL OVER THIS FORUM.

Reverend Blair
So can yours, Crit. Far too many of them consist of attacking moderators.

Aizlynne
There is nothing wrong with balancing social programs within a society.... but it all can't be one sided.

I personally think the system requires overhauling to begin with. Equal health care for all is very altruistic, but fundamentally only works if you have minor ails.

I can't think of one rare disease that people don't go to the US to get cures for. That is a positive aspect of private care. Private care gets you better care... just ask Paul Martin. Public care, because the dollar stretches thinner gives you less care, sometimes really poor care. Just ask anyone who sits in a hospital for 8 hours trying to get seen by a doctor.

But just imagine, if you could actually get health care that is publicly funded but you don't have the wait lines? That is something that privatizing certain services will give you. It will reduce these wait lines dramatically. It will also keep specialized doctors in Canada. One of the biggest reasons they leave is because they can't get the hours in hospital to practice their trade. They don't have this problem in US hospitals. They practice their trade everday.

You can't have every tax dollar going to support social programs. Pretty soon you have other industries suffering because too much tax burden is placed upon people in order to support social services. The balance is required in order for us to continue to provide publicly funded health care, in my opinion anyway.

Jay
'The balance is required in order for us to continue to provide publicly funded health care, in my opinion anyway."

Be careful, sensible thinking on this subject won't get you very far in Canada, let alone around here.