Trudeau- Is he right or wrong for the boycott of Sun news?


View Poll Results: Trudeau- Is he right or wrong for the boycott of Sun news?
Yes 6 40.00%
No 6 40.00%
Not sure 3 20.00%
Voters: 15. You may not vote on this poll

Goober
#1
Trudeau- Is he right or wrong for the boycott of Sun news?
Justin Trudeau boycotts Sun Media over Ezra Levant rant - Politics - CBC News

Jonathan Kay: Justin Trudeau’s Sun boycott is morally justified | National Post

In today’s National Post, my colleague Tasha Kheiriddin calls out both Ezra Levant and Justin Trudeau for letting their political passions get the better of them.

Kheiriddin notes, correctly, that Levant’s September 15 segment on Sun News Network — alleging that Trudeau is some kind of ego-maniac sex monster because he obliged a wedding party’s request for a playful photobomb — was hysterical and factually wrong. (Levant sketched Trudeau as a libidinous marauder descending on an ingénue bride — which, according to members of the wedding party itself, is complete nonsense.)

Kheiriddin also calls out Levant for his cruel and vulgar attacks on the sexual mores of Trudeau’s parents. Since we now know that Justin’s mother was battling mental illness at the time of the events Levant describes, Levant’s words seem especially low.

These are the sort of your-momma taunts that high school boys shout at one another to incite a brawl. And it is a complete embarrassment to Sun that Levant was permitted to go on air with such a rant. The rumor is that quality control at the network is so poor that Levant can say anything he wants during his monologues — including vicious and unhinged attacks against identifiable ethnic groups. This episode would suggest that the rumor is true.

Yet Kheiriddin argues that, no matter how vile Levant’s words, Trudeau still should not have taken the step of boycotting every journalist in the Sun chain. “The boycott reinforces the notion that Trudeau shuts down people whose views he does not share,” she writes. “It plays into the current controversy over Trudeau’s refusal to allow pro-life Liberal MPs to speak and vote their conscience on abortion, because he disagrees with their position. Finally, Trudeau’s stance disrespects the public, who rely on the media to hold politicians accountable for their views and acts.”

I disagree.
 
Zipperfish
+4
#2  Top Rated Post
Trudeau's response seems mostly emotional. Understandable--nobody appreciates "yo mama a ho" insults. But such are the slings and arrows of politics. He should have just ignored it. The old saying "Never wrestle with a pig. You just get dirty and the pig likes it" comes to mind.

Your poll question is odd. You can't answer an "Is he right or wrong" question with a "yes" or "no."
 
Colpy
+2
#3
Quote: Originally Posted by Goober View Post

Trudeau- Is he right or wrong for the boycott of Sun news?
Justin Trudeau boycotts Sun Media over Ezra Levant rant - Politics - CBC News

Jonathan Kay: Justin Trudeau’s Sun boycott is morally justified | National Post

In today’s National Post, my colleague Tasha Kheiriddin calls out both Ezra Levant and Justin Trudeau for letting their political passions get the better of them.

Kheiriddin notes, correctly, that Levant’s September 15 segment on Sun News Network — alleging that Trudeau is some kind of ego-maniac sex monster because he obliged a wedding party’s request for a playful photobomb — was hysterical and factually wrong. (Levant sketched Trudeau as a libidinous marauder descending on an ingénue bride — which, according to members of the wedding party itself, is complete nonsense.)

Kheiriddin also calls out Levant for his cruel and vulgar attacks on the sexual mores of Trudeau’s parents. Since we now know that Justin’s mother was battling mental illness at the time of the events Levant describes, Levant’s words seem especially low.

These are the sort of your-momma taunts that high school boys shout at one another to incite a brawl. And it is a complete embarrassment to Sun that Levant was permitted to go on air with such a rant. The rumor is that quality control at the network is so poor that Levant can say anything he wants during his monologues — including vicious and unhinged attacks against identifiable ethnic groups. This episode would suggest that the rumor is true.

Yet Kheiriddin argues that, no matter how vile Levant’s words, Trudeau still should not have taken the step of boycotting every journalist in the Sun chain. “The boycott reinforces the notion that Trudeau shuts down people whose views he does not share,” she writes. “It plays into the current controversy over Trudeau’s refusal to allow pro-life Liberal MPs to speak and vote their conscience on abortion, because he disagrees with their position. Finally, Trudeau’s stance disrespects the public, who rely on the media to hold politicians accountable for their views and acts.”

I disagree.



Trudeau should demand an apology from Ezra Levant personally.............and continue the boycott until he gets it, saying "When Ezra apologizes....." every time a Sun reporter asks him a question.

The problem is that Trudeau is using his "boycott" as an excuse to avoid tough questions. As I pointed out on another thread, Trudeau was ALREADY refusing questions from Sun News long before Ezra went off the rails.

Levant should apologize.

Then Trudeau should grow a brain and actually answer the tough questions.

Actually, I think one is about as likely to happen as the other.

I also think Trudeau does not WANT an apology, which is why he has not asked for one........
 
Goober
#4
Quote: Originally Posted by Zipperfish View Post

Trudeau's response seems mostly emotional. Understandable--nobody appreciates "yo mama a ho" insults. But such are the slings and arrows of politics. He should have just ignored it. The old saying "Never wrestle with a pig. You just get dirty and the pig likes it" comes to mind.

Your poll question is odd. You can't answer an "Is he right or wrong" question with a "yes" or "no."

Copy and paste error.
 
MHz
#5
Reading or being in it?
 
IdRatherBeSkiing
+2
#6
I said no because we were told Rob Ford was wrong for boycotting the Toronto Star over equally vile tabloid style reporting.
 
Zipperfish
#7
Quote: Originally Posted by IdRatherBeSkiing View Post

I said no because we were told Rob Ford was wrong for boycotting the Toronto Star over equally vile tabloid style reporting.

Remember Frank Magazine and the contest to deflower Brian Mulroney's daughter? That was nasty.
 
IdRatherBeSkiing
+1
#8
Quote: Originally Posted by Zipperfish View Post

Remember Frank Magazine and the contest to deflower Brian Mulroney's daughter? That was nasty.

It happens all the time. Harper still talks to the CBC.
 
Zipperfish
#9
Quote: Originally Posted by IdRatherBeSkiing View Post

It happens all the time. Harper still talks to the CBC.

I don't think Rex Murphy has ever said anything as vile as what comes out of Levant's mouth daily. Or even Rick Mercer for that matter. Actually I quite enjoyed the Rick Mercer-Stephen Harper PB&J sandwich bit.
 
IdRatherBeSkiing
+4
#10
Quote: Originally Posted by Zipperfish View Post

I don't think Rex Murphy has ever said anything as vile as what comes out of Levant's mouth daily. Or even Rick Mercer for that matter. Actually I quite enjoyed the Rick Mercer-Stephen Harper PB&J sandwich bit.

The CBC isn't as blatant as the Sun or Star in their visiousness or lack of journalistic standards.
 
coldstream
#11
It seems to me Justin is already flailing in his post. Alienating the press (not to mention his own Party), designating 'enemies lists', taking personal and emotional umbrage at what is the normal political patter in the media.

He's projecting an image of someone well beyond his level of competence.. ornery, dyspeptic and lacking the self confidence to stay on message.
Last edited by coldstream; Sep 25th, 2014 at 01:07 PM..
 
Zipperfish
#12
Quote: Originally Posted by coldstream View Post

It seems to me Justin is already flailing in his post. Alienating the press (not to mention his own Party), designating 'enemies lists', taking personal and emotional umbrage at what is the normal political patter in the media.

He's projecting an image of someone well beyond his level of competence.. ornery, dyspeptic and lacking the self confidence to stay on message.

yo mama
 
#juan
#13
Trudeau is absolutely right to boycott Sun News and that As- hole Lavant. If someone insulted my parents, I might do the same
thing and more. Trudeau is simply saying that if they want to insult me and my parents, I just won't talk to them. Why should he?
Maybe they will eventually apologize.........
 
CDNBear
+1
#14
How is it an insult, it was common knowledge.
 
#juan
#15
Quote: Originally Posted by CDNBear View Post

How is it an insult, it was common knowledge.

It was also common knowledge that Margaret suffered from a By polar afliction--(not her fault) Some people
would understand that, but not all I guess.
 
CDNBear
#16
Quote: Originally Posted by #juan View Post

It was also common knowledge that Margaret suffered from a By polar afliction--(not her fault) Some people
would understand that, but not all I guess.

That doesn't change the facts.
 
#juan
#17
Quote: Originally Posted by CDNBear View Post

That doesn't change the facts.

Nor does it change the fact that all the boys have a good relationship with their mother and had a strong relationship
with their Dad, so idiot Lavant is barking up the wrong tree....again...
 
CDNBear
#18
Quote: Originally Posted by #juan View Post

Nor does it change the fact that all the boys have a good relationship with their mother and had a strong relationship
with their Dad...

That's the most important reason to bar them from politics in Canada.
Quote:

so idiot Lavant is barking up the wrong tree....again...

Ya ya, blah blah blah, Levant big bad meanie.
 
#juan
#19
Quote: Originally Posted by CDNBear View Post

That's the most important reason to bar them from politics in Canada.
Ya ya, blah blah blah, Levant big bad meanie.

Why would that be? Did any of the boys do something illegal? Stupid statement really. Bear just read another
chapter in Harper's new Conservative manual.
 
Goober
#20
Quote: Originally Posted by Colpy View Post

Trudeau should demand an apology from Ezra Levant personally.............and continue the boycott until he gets it, saying "When Ezra apologizes....." every time a Sun reporter asks him a question.

The problem is that Trudeau is using his "boycott" as an excuse to avoid tough questions. As I pointed out on another thread, Trudeau was ALREADY refusing questions from Sun News long before Ezra went off the rails.

Levant should apologize.

Then Trudeau should grow a brain and actually answer the tough questions.

Actually, I think one is about as likely to happen as the other.

I also think Trudeau does not WANT an apology, which is why he has not asked for one........

I think Levant left the railroad track many years back.
Trudeau was avoiding questions as they all do.
As to an apology - Trudeau from the news report -
Federal Liberal leader Justin Trudeau is refusing to speak with Sun Media until the company responds to his allegation it aired an "offensive" attack against his family.

Sun Media "crossed the line by airing a personal attack on the Trudeau family that was offensive and breached any reasonable measure of editorial integrity," reads a statement written by Kate Purchase, Trudeau's director of communications planning.
 
CDNBear
#21
Quote: Originally Posted by #juan View Post

Stupid statement really.

Most of your posts are.

Quote:

Bear just read another chapter in Harper's new Conservative manual.

I didn't like Trudeau or his kids long before I ever heard Harpers name, lolz.

But you go right on posting stupid statements, lolz.
 
damngrumpy
#22
While I have little respect for Sun News because of Lavant and people like him
I think in politics you have to deal with what is once emotion passes. He can do
far more damage to the opposition by answering questions and taking on the
issue head on. Its time to just move on, Trudeau is likely going to win the next
election as the Tories are nearing the end of their mandate and people are getting
tired of the flavor He has to at least appear to be listening to nut jobs even reporter
nut jobs with bad taste
 
Goober
#23
Quote: Originally Posted by damngrumpy View Post

While I have little respect for Sun News because of Lavant and people like him
I think in politics you have to deal with what is once emotion passes. He can do
far more damage to the opposition by answering questions and taking on the
issue head on. Its time to just move on, Trudeau is likely going to win the next
election as the Tories are nearing the end of their mandate and people are getting
tired of the flavor He has to at least appear to be listening to nut jobs even reporter
nut jobs with bad taste

Sun has good reporters and they also have Levant- who he is trying to outfox Fox news.
Levant was plain ignorant, has been that way for a number of years.
That said, boycotting a complete network due to an idiot.
Does not work.
Bad decision on his part.
 
#juan
#24
Quote: Originally Posted by CDNBear View Post

Most of your posts are.

I didn't like Trudeau or his kids long before I ever heard Harpers name, lolz.

And you still haven't met them but you hate them still. I doubt you met their Dad either
but you are used to forming opinions on preconceived notions.
 
CDNBear
#25
Quote: Originally Posted by #juan View Post

And you still haven't met them but you hate them still.

I didn't say hate, I said I didn't like them. Learn to read.

Quote:

I doubt you met their Dad either but you are used to forming opinions on preconceived notions.

There's one of your patented stupid comments, lol. My opinions are based on facts.

You do know, when I said go right on making stupid comments, I was kidding right?
 
#juan
#26
Quote: Originally Posted by CDNBear View Post

I didn't say hate, I said I didn't like them. Learn to read.


There's one of your patented stupid comments, lol. My opinions are based on facts.

You do know, when I said go right on making stupid comments, I was kidding right?

Ho Hum.........................boring...
 
CDNBear
#27
Quote: Originally Posted by #juan View Post

Ho Hum.........................boring...

How convenient, lolz
 
Locutus
#28
If anyone could convince me that peeair and his trash dipso druggie wife/ex-wife were loyal, full of fidelity spouses, then fine, Ezra is wrong.

otherwise...
 
CDNBear
+1
#29
Oh no, not Saint Pierre. He and his lovely chased wife could be nothing but true blue.
 
Goober
+1
#30
Quote: Originally Posted by Locutus View Post

If anyone could convince me that peeair and his trash dipso druggie wife/ex-wife were loyal, full of fidelity spouses, then fine, Ezra is wrong.

otherwise...

What was the need to bring this up? None.
 

Similar Threads

1
Boycott Russia and Boycott The World
by Locutus | Feb 20th, 2014
0
BBC News 'wrong Guy' is revealed
by Blackleaf | May 16th, 2006