Ebola- Running wild

Twila
Quote: Originally Posted by IdRatherBeSkiing View Post

Yes, the pandemic will be a much more efficient virus. Ebola in it's current form is not that.

I heard that in pigs it is more efficient...at least in it's method of transmission.

It can infect the lungs tissue of pigs..which means it can be airborne. I heard nothing about whether it can jump from species to species in this manner.

Goober

Yes, the pandemic will be a much more efficient virus. Ebola in it's current form is not that.

As it mutates, if it went airborne. Well....................

Locutus
Did Barack Obama Allow Ebola Into the U.S.?

Posted on October 1, 2014 by John Hinderaker in Obama Administration Scandals

That’s what Laura Ingraham thinks. Britain and France stopped flights from African countries afflicted by the disease some time ago, but the Obama administration declined to do the same. Now the first confirmed ebola case is in Dallas, having recently arrived from Liberia. Laura comments:

here

Did Barack Obama Allow Ebola Into the U.S.? | Power Line

petros
Quote: Originally Posted by Locutus View Post

orfay uckfay'say akesay, ogay easyyay onyay ethay ebolayay alktay. eythay'llay allcay youyay ayay earfay ongerermay eadingspray ethay aryscay acticstay.

Pig Latin lover?

Locutus
Plane Carrying U.S. Ebola Victim Landed at LAX After Dallas – Both Planes He Was On Have Since Landed In 27 Different Cities

Plane Carrying U.S. Ebola Victim Landed at LAX After Dallas – Both Planes He Was On Have Since Landed In 27 Different Cities | LibertyNEWS.com - Linkis.com

BaalsTears
If the USA has ebola so will Canada.

Twila
Man in Texas released from hospital in error...
http://www.cnn.com/2014/10/01/health/ebola-us/

The first person to be diagnosed with Ebola on American soil went to the emergency room last week, but was released from the hospital even though he told staff he had traveled from Liberia

Potential ebola case in Hawaii...

https://time.com/3455815/hawaii-potential-ebola-case/

Goober
http://www.nytimes.com/2014/10/03/us...=top-news&_r=0

DALLAS — Health officials in Texas said Thursday that they had reached out to as many as 100 people who may have had contact — either directly or indirectly — with a Liberian man sick with the Ebola virus while he was contagious.

Of those people, only a handful have been isolated, including family members and the medical technicians who rushed the patient, Thomas E. Duncan, to the hospital on Sunday. Most on the list are there simply because they had contact with people who had had contact with Mr. Duncan.

A spokeswoman for the Dallas County health and human services department, Erikka Neroes, said the initial list of 12 to 18 people thought to have direct contact with Mr. Duncan had been expanded to people who had either direct or secondary contact.

“None are symptomatic,” Ms. Neroes said.

IdRatherBeSkiing
Reminds me a bit of the first part of the book "The Stand" and maybe the first 1.5 hours of the miniseries.

Goober

Reminds me a bit of the first part of the book "The Stand" and maybe the first 1.5 hours of the miniseries.

Capt. Tripps- Excellent read- Read it 2 or 3 times.
Years apart mind you.

IdRatherBeSkiing
Quote: Originally Posted by Goober View Post

Capt. Tripps- Excellent read- Read it 2 or 3 times.
Years apart mind you.

I've read it 2 or 3 times myself. Have the DVD. Watched it with my son a couple of times as well. Book is much better but miniseries was pretty good. Only guilty of having to cut out so much to fit into 8 hours.

gopher
+3
Even Drac is getting the message:

tay

Quote: Originally Posted by Locutus View Post

Posted on October 1, 2014 by John Hinderaker in Obama Administration Scandals

That’s what Laura Ingraham thinks. Britain and France stopped flights from African countries afflicted by the disease some time ago, but the Obama administration declined to do the same. Now the first confirmed ebola case is in Dallas, having recently arrived from Liberia. Laura comments:

here

Did Barack Obama Allow Ebola Into the U.S.? | Power Line

Goober
So how many were exposed to Ebola by her?
The patient she was treating died on Sept 30th.

Ebola reaches Europe for the first time: Spanish nurse tests positive for virus after treating African patient | National Post

MADRID, Spain — In what is the first reported incident of Ebola transmission outside Africa, a Spanish nurse who treated a missionary for the disease at a Madrid hospital tested positive for the disease, Spain’s health minister said Monday.

The female nurse was part of the medical team that treated a 69-year-old Spanish priest who died in a hospital last month after being flown back from Sierra Leone, where he was posted, Health Minister Ana Mato said.

The woman went to the Alcorcon hospital in the Madrid suburbs with a fever and was placed in isolation. Mato said the infection was confirmed by two tests and that the nurse was admitted to a hospital on Sunday.