Vancouver is the 10th best city in the world to be a millennial


B00Mer
#1
Vancouver is the 10th best city in the world to be a millennial



Vancouver has been ranked as the tenth best city in the world to live in if you are a millennial, according to relocation company Nestpick.

The company picked the best millennial metropolises based on a scoring system that grades cities on 16 key factors. These factors range from employment to the city’s ‘Apple store rank’ and ‘beer ranking.’



Vancouver scored 100.50 out of a possible 160 points. Here is how Vancouver scored on each of the 16 categories.

  • Employment: 6.3/10
  • Startup score: 9.5/10
  • Tourism: 7.3/10
  • Housing: 1.6/10
  • Transport: 7.9/10
  • Health rank: 4.25/10
  • Access to contraception: 8/10
  • Food ranking: 3.2/ 10
  • Internet speed: 4.2/10
  • Apple store rank: 9.10/ 10
  • Gender equality: 5.4/10
  • Immigration tolerance: 9.25/10
  • LGBTQ friendly: 9.4/10
  • Nightlife: 1.0/ 10
  • Beer ranking: 4.5/10
  • Festival ranking: 9.6 /10


Looks like Vancouver is doing pretty good when it comes its festival ranking, being LGBTQ friendly, and being startup hub.

However, the city scored low on its nightlife and its housing options.

Another dismal score came from Vancouver’s poor food ranking, which is hard to believe considering that 16 of the city’s restaurants have been named some of the best in Canada.

Top of the pile

Vancouver came out on top in Canada, ranking higher than all of the country’s larger cities. Montreal placed 15th on the list with Toronto and Ottawa coming in at 24th and 36th place, respectively.

So what is the best city in the world for millennials? Turns out it is bike-friendly, weed-loving Amsterdam, which scored 108.80 out of 160.

The best cities for millennials in the world:

  • Amsterdam, Netherlands (108.8/160)
  • Berlin, German (103.90/160)
  • Munich Germany (102.70/160)
  • Lisbon, Portugal (102.60/160)
  • Antwerp, Belgium (101.10/160)
  • Barcelona, Spain (101.00/160)
  • Lyon, France (100.80/160)
  • Cologne, Germany (100.75/160)
  • Paris, France (100.70/160)
  • Vancouver, Canada (100.50/ 160)


And if you’re wondering what city in the world is the worst place to live as a millennial, that would be Lima, Peru, which got a ranking of 52 points out of a possible 160.


Vancouver is the 10th best city in the world to be a millennial | Daily Hive Vancouver
 
taxslave
+2
#2  Top Rated Post
If you don't mind working for minimum wage and never owning a house.
 
EagleSmack
+2
#3
Let's Hear It For Vancouver!

 
B00Mer
#4
Quote: Originally Posted by EagleSmack View Post

Let's Hear It For Vancouver!

Yeah, Canadians can party dude.. eh!!

Meanwhile in America..

 
justlooking
+1
#5
Housing, food, nightlife.

Nope the Apple store is so much more important !
 
EagleSmack
#6
Quote: Originally Posted by B00Mer View Post

Yeah, Canadians can party dude.. eh!!

Meanwhile in America..

That looks like you on the right B00Mer! Did someone snap that photo of you at a truck stop? LOLz

Anyhow...

Let's Give It Up For Vancouver!


 
B00Mer
#7
Quote: Originally Posted by EagleSmack View Post

That looks like you on the right B00Mer! Did someone snap that photo of you at a truck stop? LOLz

Keep dreaming down to 174lbs.. from 221lbs. Never been more happy, back to my old weight pre-USA.

That's right 22 years in the USA I gained about 50 lbs. Whataburger, Jack-in-the-box, American Fast food. It'll kill ya.
 
petros
#8
Having an apple store score clinched it.
Last edited by petros; Aug 8th, 2017 at 11:28 AM..
 
EagleSmack
+1
#9
Quote: Originally Posted by B00Mer View Post

Keep dreaming down to 174lbs.. from 221lbs. Never been more happy, back to my old weight pre-USA.

That's right 22 years in the USA I gained about 50 lbs. Whataburger, Jack-in-the-box, American Fast food. It'll kill ya.

I was just up there in Canada. I've never seen such a high concentration of burger, subs, and pizza joints, and chain restaurants. Who are you kidding lard a**.
 
petros
+1
#10
Quote: Originally Posted by EagleSmack View Post

I was just up there in Canada. I've never seen such a high concentration of burger, subs, and pizza joints. Who are you kidding lard a**.

Vancouver smells of deep friers.
 
EagleSmack
#11
Quote: Originally Posted by petros View Post

Vancouver smells of deep friers.

One of the funny things about the Vancouver riot was that the local NPR station had the Vancouver Police Chief on the afternoon of the last game. Of course NPR is a self flagellating liberal public radio station. They were asking him why Canadian cities never have riots and the US cities always do. Of course NPR does little research and in this case they did not do any research. Well the good Canadian Chief played along and gave tips on how they handle things up and Canada (giving high fives to fans was one tactic).

A few hours later Vacouver was in flames.
 
petros
+2
#12
Quote: Originally Posted by EagleSmack View Post

One of the funny things about the Vancouver riot was that the local NPR station had the Vancouver Police Chief on the afternoon of the last game. Of course NPR is a self flagellating liberal public radio station. They were asking him why Canadian cities never have riots and the US cities always do. Of course NPR does little research and in this case they did not do any research. Well the good Canadian Chief played along and gave tips on how they handle things up and Canada (giving high fives to fans was one tactic).

A few hours later Vacouver was in flames.

That wasn't the first riot.

Same thing happened in 94 for the same reason.

In 94 the cops used CS on everybody including my wife and myself while we were in line for a club on Granville. Ruthless!

Saw some pretty crazy shit.

We watched a girl damn near get decapitated when she smashed a window at the Sony store. She kicked out the bottom, stuck her head in and then the rest of the glass slid down the frame and pinned her. It took about 8 guys to lift the massive sheet enough to get her out before she choked to death.
 
EagleSmack
#13
Quote: Originally Posted by petros View Post

That wasn't the first riot.

That is what I mean about NPR not doing simple research. A quick google search would have shown them that. However NPR wanted the story to be about how the US is the only nation that has sports riots and that Canada doesn't and why can't we be more like Canada. Typical libtard public radio.

Funny they didn't have the Chief back on air for a follow up interview. He was probably too busy quelling the riot anyhow.

Quote:

Same thing happened in 94 for the same reason.

In 94 the used CS on everybody including my wife and myself while we were in line for a club on Granville. Ruthless!

Saw some pretty crazy shit.

We watched a girl damn near get decapitated when she smashed a window at the Sony store. She kicked out the bottom, stuck her head in and then the rest of the glass slid down the frame and pinned her. It took about 8 guys to lift the massive sheet enough to get her out before she choked to death.

That is some crazy shit.
 
B00Mer
#14
You're bitching about 1 riot in Vancouver that did minimal damage..

Huntington Beach, CA — Surf Competition Riots, 2013



Keene, NH — Pumpkin Festival Riots, 2014



Boston, MA — World Series Riot, 2004 Yes, your piece of shit town.



https://twitter.com/red3blog/status/537109240834691072

Not to mention the big ones..

2015 Baltimore riots



1992 Los Angeles riots







Watts riots




People who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones. Do not criticize others if you have similar weaknesses yourself.

..and your problems are 10 fold, with a deluge of illegals on your southern border. 1 million in 2016 that they know about..
 
EagleSmack
#15
Quote: Originally Posted by B00Mer View Post

You're bitching about 1 riot in Vancouver that did minimal damage..

B00Mer thinks Canada has had only one riot! LMAO

I know more about Canada than you do.
 
B00Mer
#16
Quote: Originally Posted by EagleSmack View Post

B00Mer thinks Canada has had only one riot! LMAO

I know more about Canada than you do.

I didn't say that.. you only bitch about the 1 riot in Vancouver.. this is not your first troll post on the Vancouver riots.. I'm sure it won't be the last.

 
EagleSmack
#17
Quote: Originally Posted by B00Mer View Post

I didn't say that.. you only bitch about the 1 riot in Vancouver.. this is not your first troll post on the Vancouver riots.. I'm sure it won't be the last.

The thread is about Vancouver fool!

Besides...that riot produced the BEST pictures!





Just look at the rage!


Keene NH Pumpkin Festival Riots
.... LMAO, you're such a clown.
 
petros
+1
#18
Quote: Originally Posted by EagleSmack View Post

That is what I mean about NPR not doing simple research. A quick google search would have shown them that. However NPR wanted the story to be about how the US is the only nation that has sports riots and that Canada doesn't and why can't we be more like Canada. Typical libtard public radio.

Funny they didn't have the Chief back on air for a follow up interview. He was probably too busy quelling the riot anyhow.

That is some crazy shit.

NPR...their on air types talk like they are at a funeral.

What gives?
 
EagleSmack
+1
#19
Quote: Originally Posted by petros View Post

NPR...their on air types talk like they are at funeral.

What gives?

US Libs are like that. Boring, unhappy, depressed.
 
petros
#20
Quote: Originally Posted by B00Mer View Post

I didn't say that.. you only bitch about the 1 riot in Vancouver.. this is not your first troll post on the Vancouver riots.. I'm sure it won't be the last.

There were more. New West Salmonbellies started an all out brawl with the opponents fans which triggered Salmonbellies fans to do the same.
 
B00Mer
#21
Quote: Originally Posted by petros View Post

There were more. New West Salmonbellies started an all out brawl with the opponents fans which triggered Salmonbellies fans to do the same.

Yeah eh, what about those riots in Montreal.. April 25, 1849

At least when Canadians riot, it's for a fukking good reason.. HOCKEY RIOTS IN CANADA

Meh, later, I need to finish pulling an AC Condenser of a Freightliner today, install a new one and charge it up.
 
coldstream
+1
#22
The cost of small post war bungalow in Vancouver now climbed above $1 million. They should qualify the 'millennial' designation with the term... 'for those who can afford to live there'. I've lived there for a couple of extended periods of my life.. frankly i'd call that 'best place to live' designation decidedly overrated.

Looking at the rating system.. it seems any city without a substantial Pride Parade need not apply. You essentially have to be New Age City gripped with moral relativism, radical individualism, lascivious license as well as conspicuous wealth with a well hidden underclass to qualify. Do you suppose these people even visited drug ravaged East Hastings, the poorest neighbourhood in Canada.
Last edited by coldstream; Aug 8th, 2017 at 12:52 PM..
 
justlooking
#23
Quote: Originally Posted by petros View Post

That wasn't the first riot.

Same thing happened in 94 for the same reason.

In 94 the cops used CS on everybody including my wife and myself while we were in line for a club on Granville. Ruthless!


I was at the Forum for the 93 Montreal riot.
Walked out of the Forum, you could smell things happening.
Turned around, walked the other way, didn't look back.
 
petros
+1
#24
We were going to a bachelorette party until we got gassed.
 
Corduroy
+2
#25
This study doesn't seem to understand the real issues affecting Millennials and reduces an entire generation to stereotypes. Apple store rank? What kind of bullshit is this?

Millennials doesn't just mean young people. Every 17 year old entering the adult world now is not a Millennial. Some Millennials are in their thirties now, but Millennials are basically young people looking to establish themselves. Things like nightlife or festivals shouldn't matter as much anymore. Millennials are getting older. And why is tourism a factor for a place you're living in? Tourism is a mixed bag when it comes to making a place more livable. It creates more employment but it also drives up prices and makes some of the cultural centres of cities inaccessible to residents.

Separate these categories that Millennials might actually care about above others. These things should be heavily weighted in this study:

Quote:

Employment: 6.3/10
Housing: 1.6/10
Health rank: 4.25/10

Employment leaves much to be desired but that low housing score beats out everything. You can't be a good place to live if people can't afford to live there. And if health were as low as housing, no amount of internet speed would make up the difference.
 
Johnnny
#26
Quote: Originally Posted by Corduroy View Post

This study doesn't seem to understand the real issues affecting Millennials and reduces an entire generation to stereotypes. Apple store rank? What kind of bullshit is this?

Some Millennials are in their thirties now, but Millennials are basically young people looking to establish themselves. Things like nightlife or festivals shouldn't matter as much anymore. Millennials are getting older. And why is tourism a factor for a place you're living in? Tourism is a mixed bag when it comes to making a place more livable. It creates more employment but it also drives up prices and makes some of the cultural centres of cities inaccessible to residents.

Separate these categories that Millennials might actually care about above others. These things should be heavily weighted in this study:



Employment leaves much to be desired but that low housing score beats out everything. You can't be a good place to live if people can't afford to live there. And if health were as low as housing, no amount of internet speed would make up the difference.

This.
 
Curious Cdn
#27
That's nonsense. Millenials will never be able to buy housing, there or in Toronto for that matter and get their start in life. They can in Montreal or Ottawa or Calgary, Edmonton, Saskatoon and even in the dreaded ' Peg but Vancouver is hopelessly out of their reach, unless they are wealthy Chinese Millenials.
 
Kreskin
#28
Quote: Originally Posted by EagleSmack View Post

The thread is about Vancouver fool!

Besides...that riot produced the BEST pictures!





Just look at the rage!


Keene NH Pumpkin Festival Riots
.... LMAO, you're such a clown.

 
Johnnny
+1
#29
Showed a bunch of people this article and its generated nothing but laughs.
 
Kreskin
#30
If you don't mind renting an outhouse for 2500 a month it's incredibly awesome.