Quote: Originally Posted by Kreskin View Post

Former North Korea detainee Otto Warmbier dies - CNNPolitics.com

Effin jerks

Why the feck would anyone go there?

Seriously?

It isn't News that the Norks are crazy.

bill barilko
+2
The Norks fed & cared for him for a year then sent his suppurating carcass back what more does the USA expect?

He was a convicted thief and an inmate in the prison system-IOW dead meat there's no reason for anyone to give two tiny sh!ts what happened to him.

Now there can be an autopsy and we'll find out slightly less than SFA.

Hoof Hearted
bill barilko,

Are you for real??

I can't tell if you are joking or not.

Danbones
+1
Yeah just like that damned Guantanamo...except this Kid was guilty of breaking THEIR laws.

Quote: Originally Posted by Curious Cdn View Post

Why the feck would anyone go there?
Seriously?
It isn't News that the Norks are crazy.

Yet it's the US that gets busted lying to start all its wars..and who sold NK the stuff they needed to have nuclear missiles (a your friends the clintons thing)...
now THAT'S crazy.

Hoof Hearted
I smell a sh!tkicking heading North Korea's way...

"The death of one man is a tragedy. The death of a million men is a statistic."

This will resonate with the American people. Just a young kid pulling a foolishly harmless stunt, and paying for it with his life. The whole story sickens me.

Danbones
+2
like when obama drone bombed that 16 year old american kid in the mid east?

Obama Killed a 16-Year-Old American in Yemen. Trump Just Killed His 8-Year-Old Sister.

Two weeks after the killing of Awlaki, a separate CIA drone strike in Yemen killed his 16-year-old American-born son, Abdulrahman, along with the boy’s 17-year-old cousin and several other innocent Yemenis. The U.S. eventually claimed that the boy was not their target but merely “collateral damage.”

Abdulrahman’s grief-stricken grandfather, Nasser al-Awlaki, urged the Washington Post “to visit a Facebook memorial page for Abdulrahman,” which explained: “Look at his pictures, his friends, and his hobbies. His Facebook page shows a typical kid.”

https://theintercept.com/2017/01/30/...ar-old-sister/

Now, does that make you feel better?

MHz
+2
The US demonizes anybody that escapes their claws. This is part of the PR program that follows when they can win in place in a fair fight. I thought everybody knew that.

Hoof Hearted

Danbones,

I still fail to see how your post makes the above story any less tragic.

Danbones
+1
Its all tragic, but when you go somewhere, you play by their rules, not yours
When in Rome...he broke their laws
( do you think a US jail would send a foreign criminal home for illness? )

The kid I listed didn't even commit a crime and was at home...

Now lets talk about botulism and taking your kids to McDonalds

PS
You wanna cry over a sad story of innocent but stuck in jail till death anyway by the crooked state...with no going home??
look up Leonard Peltier
http://www.freeleonard.org/case/
Last edited by Danbones; Jun 19th, 2017 at 10:41 PM..

Hoof Hearted
Yeah, right.

And by your logic, the fact that scores of Americans die each month from gunfire makes the death of John Lennon understandable and easy to accept...to just stop your whining and get over it.

This is the type of argument you are presenting...connecting dots that have no business being connected. The kid stole a poster fcs and paid for it with his life.

Danbones
When I was tending Bar back in the day, and someone from away would insist we play pool by the rules in their favorite bar to justify them winning when they hadn't, I used to sometimes let them take a couple shots in the head before I would step in to break up the fight.

If you do stupid sh!T in someone else's yard, you pay the price. Go take a walk at night in the ghetto without a gun if you doubt the reality of that statement...and NEVER go into the jungle with hamburger smeared on your head....

The guy admitted to his guilt by the way.
and BTW, the people I mentioned - they actually deserve real sympathy, and will never get to go home at all.

Hoof Hearted
I'm trying really hard to follow your logic here...

So you have a 20 year old son. On vacation in a foreign country, and on a dare from his buddy, he steals a chocolate bar from a convenience store. The clerk then beats him to death with a baseball bat.

And you'd simply say, "Oh well. He had it coming. You do stupid shit in someone else's yard, you pay the price."

Am I correct?

bill barilko
+2
Quote: Originally Posted by Hoof Hearted View Post

So you have a 20 year old son. On vacation in a foreign country, and on a dare from his buddy, he steals a chocolate bar from a convenience store. The clerk then beats him to death with a baseball bat.And you'd simply say, "Oh well. He had it coming. You do stupid shit in someone else's yard, you pay the price."Am I correct?

I see you've travelled very very little-life beyond the double wide is quite different from what you've experienced to date.

Hoof Hearted
Or perhaps I have children, and you and Danbones do not.

There must be a full Moon tonight...never seen such batsh!t crackers posting since I joined this site.
Last edited by Hoof Hearted; Jun 20th, 2017 at 12:02 AM..

Murphy
+1
I know that you haven't traveled. And it doesn't matter if you have children or not. When you go to another country and break their laws, you are subject to the punishment written into those laws.

It doesn't matter if you do not agree with, or like the punishment. You cannot say, "I'm Canadian. I do not accept that judgment." No objection is permitted, based on the country from which the perpetrator comes.

If you have been convicted of an offense involving marijuana, you can be refused entry into the US.
Certain ME countries will chop off your hand if you are found guilty of theft.
Some countries have a death penalty for more than just murder.

That's life.

bill barilko

Or perhaps I have children, and you and Danbones do not.

Sniff.....Sniff....

There must be a full Moon tonight...never seen such batsh!t crackers posting since I joined this site.

Again-you haven't seen much of planet earth and most likely never will.

Hoof Hearted
The Mothership will pick all of you up at the usual co-ordinates.

Murphy
+1
I think not. Do you really believe that when you go to another country that you can refuse their punishment, should you break their laws? I can honestly say that I've never met someone that naive before.

Hoof Hearted
Naive?

A young man was imprisoned and killed for stealing a poster. You do realize this is the topic of discussion.

I think you should all stick to the Hump Day Hottie thread. It's more your speed and depth.

justlooking
+1

Naive?
A young man was imprisoned and killed for stealing a poster. You do realize this is the topic of discussion.

Yes, I do.
You are trying to put Western cultural values that theft is a low level crime onto a society
that has completely different rules of behaviour, and then another level for foreigners.

And that is where you fail.

Murphy
Yes, naive. Don't expect that other countries conduct their affairs the same way that we do. He was in North Korea and was caught stealing. He was convicted and given punishment in accordance with their laws.

As to the reason he ended up dead, we'll probably never know what actually happened. Assuming he was beaten, that may not have been an illegal act there. We do not know their laws or the circumstances surrounding his death.

Hoof Hearted
Trump-

""Otto's fate deepens my administration's determination to prevent such tragedies from befalling innocent people at the hands of regimes that do not respect the rule of law or basic human decency. The United States once again condemns the brutality of the North Korean regime as we mourn its latest victim."

So I guess The President of the United States is just a naive little pussy like I am too?

Murphy
+1
What don't you realize about, "Their country. their laws."?

Trump is responding to the American people and the media. That is what he is expected to say. He can do bugger all about it. Do you think he's going to declare war because a US citizen died while in NK custody? What, legally, do you think can Trump do?

Let's try some other examples.

Do you think that it's illegal to execute people anywhere on the planet, just because Canada does not? Lots of countries have the death penalty for various offenses. They do in some states in the US.

You do know about stoning people to death in the ME for adultery (suspected or actual) is legal, don't you? It's illegal in Canada, but for some reason, it doesn't stop some Muslim countries from doing it. People are buried up to their necks and pummeled with a prescribed size of stone. Women have been raped, and then been stoned to death for allowing a man to violate them. It's perfectly legal in many jurisdictions there.

You really need to look in the mirror. You live in a cocoon.

Cliffy
+1

Trump-

""Otto's fate deepens my administration's determination to prevent such tragedies from befalling innocent people at the hands of regimes that do not respect the rule of law or basic human decency. The United States once again condemns the brutality of the North Korean regime as we mourn its latest victim."

So I guess The President of the United States is just a naive little pussy like I am too?

Me thinks the US has far more blood on his hands than Tubby the Korean dictator. The US government and military have no idea what human dignity is. The Donald is just a moronic puppet and says what he is told to say.

Hoof Hearted

Cliffy

Did that comment give you an orgasm?

Hoof Hearted
I bet dollars to donuts, if this happened to a Canadian kid you'd all be singing a different song.

You're all cementing the 'smug and arrogant North of the border attitude' that Americans justifiably despise.

justlooking

I bet dollars to donuts, if this happened to a Canadian kid you'd all be singing a different song.

Nope.

Hoof Hearted
I believe I'm correct. The thrust of a good part of this thread has been about America bashing.