Idle no more?

Walter
+5 / -1
#1  Top Rated Post
Haven't heard much lately so I will assume they are idle again. Old habits die hard.

captain morgan
+3
A new Halo game was released not so long ago.... Look for the OWSers in Mama's basement

WLDB
I was wondering the same thing. Never bothered me enough to take a look.

SLM
I checked their Itinerary...next up is the Wild Rice Festival in St. Paul Minnesota.

So, yeah. Not really idle, but not all that active either.

petros
Mmm wild rice.

bill barilko
Looking around for some volunteer opportunities ran across this next week

BC National Event | Vancouver - Idle No More

Think I'll pass-ain't got nuthin' to apologise for.

Walter
Idle again?

Are the natives not restless anymore?

55Mercury
I don't know more

Tecumsehsbones
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by Walter View Post

Haven't heard much lately so I will assume they are idle again. Old habits die hard.

Well, the welfare checks came out and the liquor stores were open. . .

Walter
+1
Crickets

Twila
+1
Events - Idle No More

Cliffy
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by Twila View Post

Events - Idle No More

That is just north America. Idle no More is now world wide. Indigenous people all over the planet are connected and working together. Mainstream media is ignoring them and that is why most people think they are idle, but they sure as hell ain't.

petros
Are they planning terrorism?

Just you wait.....

Walter
Quote: Originally Posted by Cliffy View Post

That is just north America. Idle no More is now world wide. Indigenous people all over the planet are connected and working together. Mainstream media is ignoring them and that is why most people think they are idle, but they sure as hell ain't.

Right. I want to sell you a bridge in Brooklyn and I'll give you a good price.

EagleSmack
+2
Quote: Originally Posted by petros View Post

Are they planning terrorism?

Just you wait.....

Remember Petros... Cliffy promised big changes this summer. I have the page book marked so we can follow it through and perhaps have a discussion in September.

gore0bsessed
Natuashish youth found sniffing gas at abandoned home - Newfoundland & Labrador - CBC News

petros
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by EagleSmack View Post

Remember Petros... Cliffy promised big changes this summer. I have the page book marked so we can follow it through and perhaps have a discussion in September.

He promised them back in February "Shut Down Canada". A nation wide " just you wait". 6 people in Regina stopped traffic for 15 minutes. It could have went longer but two guys were going to beat the **** out of the protesters so the cops took them to safety.

Regina version of Shut Down Canada protest quickly shut down

go backNews Saskatchewan
ADVERTISEMENT

Regina version of Shut Down Canada protest quickly shut down
Feb 13, 2015 9:44 PM CT
CBC News
media duration: 0:44play video
RAW: Shut Down Canada group on Albert Street
VIDEO
A group of people taking part in a Shut Down Canada protest movement managed to slow traffic in Regina for a few minutes on Friday.

The protests, organized through Facebook, took place in various Canadian cities. It appears to have a number of criticisms about several government positions and policies. The Regina version attracted nine people.

One of the people in the Regina group, Daniel Johnson, tried to tamper with a signaling system at a level crossing on Albert Street North.

Police were ready for him.

"I didn't think that they were going to know that part of the plan," Johnson said "I thought I was being vague enough about what we were going to do that they wouldn't know to disable the signaling system. I did not see that coming."

Johnson received a warning that his actions could lead to him being arrested.

"They pretty much said that if I tried this again that they would," Johnson said. "They told me that they disabled the signaling system and that it wouldn't work and they pretty much knew exactly what I was doing and told me to remove the wire."

The protest also attracted some attention from slowed motorists, one of whom berated the group for their behaviour.

gore0bsessed
Canadians share outrage over missing and murdered indigenous women and RCMP statement

Canadians share outrage over missing and murdered indigenous women and RCMP statement - Trending - CBC News

taxslave
+2
Quote: Originally Posted by gore0bsessed View Post

Natuashish youth found sniffing gas at abandoned home - Newfoundland & Labrador - CBC News

He can afford gas?

Quote: Originally Posted by gore0bsessed View Post

Canadians share outrage over missing and murdered indigenous women and RCMP statement

Canadians share outrage over missing and murdered indigenous women and RCMP statement - Trending - CBC News

Too bad the RCMP have so little authority on the rez. Hinders looking for the culprits.
A task force will do nothing except squander money and give the ignorant a warm and fuzzy feeling. Boots on the ground and an informant or two on the rez wil produce real results for far less money.

Walter
+3
Where have all the natives gone
Long time passing
Long time ago
Gone to idleness everyone
When will they ever learn
When will they ever learn

Twin_Moose
+2
Nothing to do with stuck in idle, but I didn't want to start a new thread with this interesting bit of news.

Kahnawake's controversial 'marry out, get out' policy violates Charter , judge rules

Quote:

Quebec Superior Court has struck down part of a controversial membership law in Kahnawake, Que., saying it violates Canada's Charter of Rights and Freedoms.
Justice Thomas Davis determined the rule — which requires residents of the Mohawk reserve to move away if they marry a non-Indigenous person, as well as suspending their other membership entitlements — discriminatory based on social status.
"It's basically an attack on the basic dignity of everybody," said lawyer Julius Grey, who represented the 16 plaintiffs.
In the 48-page judgment, Davis said the policy was based on "stereotypical beliefs" about mixed marriage, that "non-native spouses will use the resources and land of the band in a way that is detrimental to it and that will have a negative impact on the ability of the band to protect its culture and its land."
But, Grey pointed out, the judge was not unsympathetic to the other side and acknowledged the challenges faced in the community just south of Montreal. He invited the two parties to reconcile and try to come to an agreement.
Out in the OpenThe struggle to belong under Kahnawake community's 'Marry Out, Get Out' rule
In a statement, the Mohawk Council of Kahnawake (MCK) said its legal team is reviewing the judgment, which came down Monday, and will present a report to the chief and council on Thursday.
"Obviously, we maintain the position that matters that are so integral to our identity have no business in outside courts," stated Grand Chief Joe Norton.
"However, a decision on the case has been rendered. We are now taking the time to analyze the decision and will inform the community further in the coming days."
Saga going on for decades
Joe Delaronde, spokesperson for the MCK, said many people in the community are also upset the issue went to an outside court, when they have voiced their opinion "loud and clear" on the policy for almost 40 years.
"No one says you can't marry who you want. All it says is if you do that, you can't live on this territory," he said.
"For this community, they look at it as a matter of survival, the only place where we can be us. And that's where it comes from."
The so-called "marry out, get out" policy began as a moratorium, first passed in 1981. It has officially been on the band council's books since 1984, but has rarely been enforced.
The membership law sets criteria for who is considered to be a member of the First Nation and determines which non-members can become residents. The current version was enacted in 2003.
In 2010, the band council began sending out eviction letters. Some plaintiffs in the lawsuit claim they were cut off from access to services in Kahnawake because their partner is not Indigenous.
Others say they were the targets of violent protests or shaming on social media, and that mixed-race children were referred to as "half breeds" and were denied funding to go to school.

Anyone think that this FN privilege case goes to the Supreme Court

Mohawk's are prejudice and racist.

petros
+2
They will say they aren't Canadian but Mohawk as a defense.

Sovereign

Twin_Moose
+1
Then no need to go to Canada's Supreme court done deal Lol

petros
+1
Surround the Rez with CBSA officers.

Hoid
+1
Oh look white nationalist climate change deniers want to discuss Indians. I wonder what they'll say?

DaSleeper
+3
It may be better than wannabees and other know-it-alls who just pontificate all day!

Decapoda
+5
Quote: Originally Posted by Hoid View Post

Oh look white nationalist climate change deniers want to discuss Indians. I wonder what they'll say?

Oh, come on. You know what they'll say...same thing they always say...when is that hemorrHoid going to grow a brain and come up with something....anything relevant and cohesive?? Sigh...never.

Climate change is real...no one is denying.

Mowich
+1
Listening to a CTV interview with Kevin Hart - AFN Manitoba Regional Chief as he tells the host that FN languages should be recognized as official languages. Earlier, Percy Bellegarde told his audience at the FN conference on whatever that every single FN language needs to be funded, promoted and accepted as official.

Twin_Moose
+1
Of course it should being First Canadians after all, French shouldn't even be a national language lost the war and all. I think Ukrainian should be a national language opened the West up to farming and setting the framework for managing the land.

petros
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by Mowich View Post

Listening to a CTV interview with Kevin Hart - AFN Manitoba Regional Chief as he tells the host that FN languages should be recognized as official languages. Earlier, Percy Bellegarde told his audience at the FN conference on whatever that every single FN language needs to be funded, promoted and accepted as official.

What a great way to start tribal wars. Should the Dene kick out the Cree on their land?
Last edited by petros; May 1st, 2018 at 07:37 PM..