Water is Life


MHz
#571
Good choice considering running down their own streets was the alternative.
 
Twin_Moose
+2
#572
Quote: Originally Posted by spaminator View Post

Raw sewage from Mexico spill tainting California beaches
Associated Press
Published:
December 12, 2018
Updated:
December 12, 2018 2:57 PM EST
In this July 9, 2001 file photo, people stroll down the beach in the La Jolla section of San Diego, Calif. (AP Photo/Lenny Ignelzi, File)
IMPERIAL BEACH, Calif. — Millions of gallons of raw sewage has spilled into Mexico’s Tijuana River and is flowing north into California, fouling some beaches in San Diego County, where swimmers and surfers were urged to stay out of the ocean.
The Los Angeles Times said if the spill that began late Monday continues unabated, it could be the largest since early 2017, when coastal waters were tainted for weeks.
The wastewater is supposed to be treated before it’s emptied into the river,
In September, California Attorney General Xavier Becerra joined the U.S. cities of Imperial Beach, Chula Vista and the Port of San Diego in suing the Trump administration over sewage spills and other toxic flows coming from Mexico.
The lawsuit seeks to force the U.S. government to upgrade the capacity of pumps in the river and catch basins in nearby canyons.
The systems are intended to divert flows to the South Bay International Wastewater Treatment Plant before the waste reaches beaches.
More than 6 million gallons (22 million litres) a day of raw sewage has spilled into the river since Monday, authorities say.
The U.S. section of the International Boundary and Water Commission said Tuesday that officials in Mexico attributed the leak to a ruptured collector pipe.
The aging collector underwent major upgrades over the past year but is not fully rehabilitated, officials said.
http://torontosun.com/news/world/raw...fornia-beaches

Makes sense sue your own country to treat another countries raw sewage
 
MHz
#573
Why would they have such a shitty system when they are parked right next to the US?? It isn't like Canada doesn't do the cleanup for oil spills caused by drunken foreign sailors.
 
Curious Cdn
#574
There's a water ice glacier on Mars the size of Great Bear Lake.

http://www.rt.com/news/447139-mars-w...mages-esa/amp/
 
MHz
#575
Why does no red dust ever land on it if they are yearly events that cover the globe (except the white ice at the poles now that you mention this ice as being as dust-proof as the solar panels on the rovers and the landing pads on the Apollo landers, small solar system eh??
 
Curious Cdn
#576
Quote: Originally Posted by MHz View Post

Why does no red dust ever land on it if they are yearly events that cover the globe (except the white ice at the poles now that you mention this ice as being as dust-proof as the solar panels on the rovers and the landing pads on the Apollo landers, small solar system eh??

Photoshop.

There are no probes orbiting Mars.

There is no Mars, beyond the wandering red point of light projected up on the overhead screen. for that matter.
 
MHz
#577
 
Cliffy
#578
“Yesterday, members of the RCMP’s Aboriginal Police Liaison met with the Wet’suwet’en Hereditary Chiefs and indicated that specially trained tactical forces will be deployed to forcibly remove Wet’suwet’en people from sovereign Wet’suwet’en territory. Police refused to provide any details of their operation to the Dini’ze and Tsake’ze (hereditary chiefs) including the number of officers moving in, the method of forcible removal, or the timing of deployment. By rejecting the requests for information by the Dini’ze and Tsake’ze the RCMP indicated that they intend to surprise and overwhelm the Wet’suwet’en people who are protecting their territories on the ground.
The RCMP’s ultimatum, to allow TransCanada access to unceded Wet’suwet’en territory or face police invasion, is an act of war. Despite the lip service given to “Truth and Reconciliation”, Canada is now attempting to do what it has always done – criminalize and use violence against indigenous people so that their unceded homelands can be exploited for profit.”


http://unistoten.camp/action-alert-i...ess-checkpoint
 
pgs
#579
Quote: Originally Posted by Cliffy View Post

“Yesterday, members of the RCMP’s Aboriginal Police Liaison met with the Wet’suwet’en Hereditary Chiefs and indicated that specially trained tactical forces will be deployed to forcibly remove Wet’suwet’en people from sovereign Wet’suwet’en territory. Police refused to provide any details of their operation to the Dini’ze and Tsake’ze (hereditary chiefs) including the number of officers moving in, the method of forcible removal, or the timing of deployment. By rejecting the requests for information by the Dini’ze and Tsake’ze the RCMP indicated that they intend to surprise and overwhelm the Wet’suwet’en people who are protecting their territories on the ground.
The RCMP’s ultimatum, to allow TransCanada access to unceded Wet’suwet’en territory or face police invasion, is an act of war. Despite the lip service given to “Truth and Reconciliation”, Canada is now attempting to do what it has always done – criminalize and use violence against indigenous people so that their unceded homelands can be exploited for profit.”


http://unistoten.camp/action-alert-i...ess-checkpoint

War is it ? When does the shooting start ? Who will win ? Are you and your riffle on the way to volunteer?
 
Curious Cdn
#580
Quote: Originally Posted by pgs View Post

War is it ? When does the shooting start ? Who will win ? Are you and your riffle on the way to volunteer?

Tell us what you've ever volunteered for, pigs.
 
Blackleaf
#581
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vijDhkE_JCc
 
spaminator
#582
Australian state to pump oxygen into rivers as fish die due to heatwave
Associated Press
Published:
January 14, 2019
Updated:
January 14, 2019 11:46 PM EST
This screen grab taken from video taken on January 10, 2019 released by the office of New South Wales MP Jeremy Buckingham shows him holding a Murray cod, which was killed during a massive fish kill in Menindee on the Darling River, as local residents Dick Arnold (left) and Rob McBride from Tolarno Station look on. (Getty Images)
CANBERRA, Australia — An Australian state government on Tuesday announced plans to mechanically pump oxygen into lakes and rivers after hundreds of thousands of fish have died in heatwave conditions.
Up to a million dead fish were found floating last week in the Darling River in western New South Wales state and the state government announced that 1,800 more rotting fish had since been found in Lake Hume in the state’s south.
Minister for Regional Water Niall Blair said 16 battery-powered aerators had been bought and would be placed in various drought-affected waterways after they are delivered by Wednesday.
“They are a Band-Aid solution; we admit that,” Blair told reporters.
“Nothing will stop this fish kill unless we get proper river flows and water levels in our dams back up to normal. We are doing everything we can to try and limit the damage,” he added.
Experts blame heatwave conditions across much of Australia, drought and algal blooms for starving waterways of oxygen.
Blair rejected some criticisms that governments were allowing irrigators to take too much water from the Murray-Darling Basin, Australia’s main river system, which winds across four states and is where a third of the nation’s food is produced.
Water experts were meeting in Canberra on Tuesday to decide how the nation should respond to the water quality crisis.
Australian National University water expert Daniel Connell said many more fish would likely die with heatwave conditions forecast to continue until the weekend.
“It’s a very predictable crisis,” Connell said.
Connell said taking water from the system to irrigate had likely contributed to the poor water quality in rivers as well as the drought which is impacting most of New South Wales.
“By massively reducing the amount of water in the system, you produce much hotter water, you produce conditions that are much more conducive to algal blooms,” he said.
http://torontosun.com/news/world/aus...ue-to-heatwave