Get ready to "Test the Nation"!

karrie
Are you as smart as you think you are? It's almost time to find out with
Test the Nation: IQ. Play along by logging on to
www.cbc.ca/testthenation beginning this Sunday at 3 pm ET. Then tune in
at 8:00PM local time (8:30 NT) to watch a panel of celebrities join the
battle for brainy bragging rights, alongside groups of Surgeons and
Tattoo Artists, Mayors and Millionaires. Everyone's invited.

Tune into CBC at 7:00 PM (7:30 NT) to watch host Rick Mercer and an
all-star ensemble of former Prime Ministers as four young Canadians
share their ideas on how they would make Canada a better, stronger and
more prosperous nation. A high stakes, tension-filled debate will be
followed by a vote to determine which contestant best deserves the
title, Canada’s Next Great Prime Minister. Visit Canada’s Next Great
Prime Minister website at www.cbc.ca/thenextgreatprimeminister .

Tonington
I think it's an interesting idea for a show. It has to be better than 'Are you smarter than a 5th grader'. I was blown away when some contestant had to peek(a cheat they get) at the kids answer becuase she didn't know what nation shares her countries northern border...

I'm going to play along on Sunday. They should have a student group on there too, and a military group. Theres lots of groups they could make, an interesting concept.

DurkaDurka
Quote: Originally Posted by Tonington View Post

I think it's an interesting idea for a show. It has to be better than 'Are you smarter than a 5th grader'. I was blown away when some contestant had to peek(a cheat they get) at the kids answer becuase she didn't know what nation shares her countries northern border...

I'm going to play along on Sunday. They should have a student group on there too, and a military group. Theres lots of groups they could make, an interesting concept.

If you have Bell ExpressVu, you can participate in this interactively via your TV.

karrie
Quote: Originally Posted by Tonington View Post

Yeah, I've really had no inclination to watch '5th grader'. I flipped past it, and it seemed a bit ridiculous. Like perhaps they're intentionally looking for dense people to make everyone look really dumb. But I don't know... can't judge, since I haven't really watched it.

But Test the Nation, I've been itching for. I can't wait to see which groups are really 'smarter'. I don't put a lot of stock in IQ, because I'm met some really dumb people who were very booksmart, but, it will still be interesting.

Tonington
Quote: Originally Posted by DurkaDurka View Post

If you have Bell ExpressVu, you can participate in this interactively via your TV.

Nope regular cable for me, I'll have to write down my answers. No different than in school

karrie
So, I took the on-line quiz, and scored a 128.... anyone else take the quiz today? Anyone else watching?

westmanguy
DURKA

DURKA

DURKA

I missed this show, I am going to watch it on CBC Vancouver on BELL EXPRESS VU.

How does the Interactive Tv thing work?

Will it pop up during the show?

Its a 9200 receiver.

TELL ME HOW BELL IS DOING THIS!!!!!!!!

lol, I need to know, I have 1 hour to catch the B.C. feed.

This is whats great about ExpressVu the iTV lets you play game shows on the TV.

I hope this is compatible on CBC Vancouver!!!

BTW.. "Are you smarter than a 5th Grader?" got the #1 series premiere in the last DECADE.

30 + million watched it.

All because the 40 million + that watched American Idol before stayed on for the next show.

hermanntrude
they had this show in england a while back. it showed nothing important.

I would have preferred a real tv show

westmanguy
Well... Bell ExpressVu iTV never worked on 251 - CBC Vancouver....

AND I checked to see if they had this on the reserved promo/info channels..

I tried both my 9200 and 4100 Durka...

selfactivated
I scored 110 but that 16 less than in high school

karrie
Quote: Originally Posted by westmanguy View Post

Well... Bell ExpressVu iTV never worked on 251 - CBC Vancouver....

AND I checked to see if they had this on the reserved promo/info channels..

I tried both my 9200 and 4100 Durka...

You can take the test online.