Bitter battle of words between Donald Trump, Rosie O'Donnell enters week two

sanctus
By Erin Carlson

NEW YORK (AP) - The bitter battle of words between Donald Trump and Rosie O'Donnell isn't over.

"Rosie's a loser. She's been a loser always," the real estate mogul and host of NBC's "The Apprentice," said Thursday in a phone interview. "Her show failed, her magazine failed. Barbara Walters gave her new life, but she'll fail at that also because she's inherently a stone-cold loser."

It all started after Trump announced last week that Miss USA Tara Conner, whose title had been in jeopardy because of underage drinking, would keep her crown. (Trump is the owner of the Miss Universe Organization, which includes Miss USA and Miss Teen USA).

O'Donnell, an outspoken co-host on ABC's "The View," created by Walters, said Trump's news conference annoyed her "on a multitude of levels" and that the twice-divorced Trump had no right to be "the moral compass for 20-year-olds in America," amid roars of audience laughter.

Trump fired back, calling O'Donnell a "bully," among other insults, in interviews with various media outlets, including CNN's "Larry King Live."

The feud continued this week when O'Donnell posted this entry on her website: "so what happens/ when u say the emperor has no clothes/ the comb over goes ballistic/ via phone to mr king."

Will the mudslinging ever stop?

"It will never end on my behalf because I've exposed Rosie for what she is: a very dumb human being," said Trump. "She's got no intelligence, but I've known that for a long time. Unfortunately, Rosie's pulled the wool over the public."

A representative for O'Donnell said she was unavailable for comment.

Copyright 2006 Canadian Press

Fingertrouble
[quote=sanctus;761313]By Erin Carlson

"It will never end on my behalf because I've exposed Rosie for what she is: a very dumb human being," said Trump. "She's got no intelligence, but I've known that for a long time. Unfortunately, Rosie's pulled the wool over the public."

I certainly am not a fan of Rosie either, however Trump is no angel. In the same press conference he responded to O'Donnells comments about his bankruptcies by saying "he's never been bankrupt". While on a personal stance that may be true, the fact that he has had his companies file for bankruptcy and that makes him a liar as far as I am concerned......You ran the companies Donald.....be responsible for the condition of the businesses that you run....otherwise...."YOU'RE FIRED!"

See the link below for a Trump company in trouble!!!

http://www.latimes.com/business/inve...ting-headlines
Last edited by Fingertrouble; Dec 29th, 2006 at 10:42 AM..Reason: add a link for proof

selfactivated
Im sorry I LIKE Rosie! She's an over weight, big mouthed, opinionated, intelligent funny woman.(hmmm I think I resemble that remark!) She had the guts to come out of the closet in a time period that wasnt conducive or popular to do so. Trump is arrogant and rude and needs to keep his junk mail out of my damn mailbox!

Fingertrouble
Quote: Originally Posted by selfactivated View Post

Trump is arrogant and rude

Totally agree about Trump.........plus he has extremely bad hair!

Kreskin
I think they're ready for CanCon and Wreck Beach.

selfactivated
Quote: Originally Posted by Kreskin View Post

I think they're ready for CanCon and Wreck Beach.

LOLLLLL I'D PAY MONEY! and put 100 on rosie! (and I dont bet lol )

tamarin
I'd like to slap them both silly and then bend a dumpster of tv's over their heads. Lead icons of cartoon culture that really isn't funny anymore.

Northboy
Both of them maybe rich, but neither has what it takes to become wealthy...

L Gilbert
Duds n culls.

talloola
Well, I'd like to remember exactly what the point of the whole thing was, and I still think the beauty queen
should be responsible for her own behavior, and I'm glad she was given another chance, even if it was done for reasons other than for "her" alone, she still "did" behave shabbily, so she has to be responsible now and learn her lesson.

Donald Trump was good with his first few remarks about Rosie O'donnell, and if he had just left it at that,
he would have looked like the better person, but he couldn't stop himself, and now they both look like a
couple of silly children.

I like Donald Trump, have learned a bit about him and he was a very smart, and strong person from a very
young boy, so he has earned his wealth by hard work and smarts, and good for him.

I have nothing much to say about Rosie O"donnell, don't think much of her at all, she never did mention
the bad behavior of the beauty queen, so does that mean she condones the behavior, hope not.

selfactivated
Oh yes she did I watched the show. THEN she pointed out the irony of mr Trumps qualifications as ajudge on charecter as to which his own example sucked! Its her opinion and who does Mr Trump think he is that he should be exemt from satire when the president of the united states isnt?! Yes they BOTH act childishly but I respect Rosie's life and her charecter she dont have billions to toss around but she has a great New Yawk Heart!

L Gilbert
Donald Trump = arrogant jackass.

Rosie O'Donnell = mouthy but funny once in a blue moon.

talloola
[quote=selfactivated;761488]Oh yes she did I watched the show. THEN she pointed out the irony of mr Trumps qualifications as ajudge on charecter as to which his own example sucked!

If she did realize that the beauty queen needed some "fixing", then what's all the fuss, she has her
second chance, and if Rosie had of kept her big fat mouth shut, beauty queen would go to rehab, get
herself together, back to work, and lets move on. Don't know what Donald Trump did wrong, and if
the show was losing popularity, I guess it's good marketing for the pageant to give it a boost. He
knows how to do that.

Well, I would imagine because he is the owner along with the TV station, he had the responsibility
to handle the situation, so he stepped up and did it, as he has stepped all through his life and handled
responsibility.

Its her opinion and who does Mr Trump think he is that he should be exemt from satire when the president of the united states isnt?!

The president of the united states is failing at his job too.

The point you made that it is "her opinion", and that is all.

Yes they BOTH act childishly but I respect Rosie's life and her charecter she dont have billions to toss around but she has a great New Yawk Heart

And, I respect his life and character, and noone gave him those billions, he earned them the old
fashioned way, he worked for them.

selfactivated
Im not going to run back and forth with this. MY opinion is he is a pompous jack arse that has his heart in his wallet. Now he can come sue ME.

Your opinion is Rosie is a big mouth and now Rosie can laugh and go on to the next day, its all in the life of a famous person.

tamarin
They've both had more than their fifteen minutes and should shut up. Trump does look like an airbrushed paintywaist. And Rosie in her worst moments, which are many, and despite what Donald says, does look better than he admits- or he does. Why are our kids subjected to such meanspirited louts on a national medium?

selfactivated
Cause its done in daytime television and all the kids are in school. And dummies like me only get 3 chanells and have nothing else to do while working on the latest craft project! THATS why.

Daz_Hockey
I think Donald Trump is funny,I mean, he must be a right card at parties, allowing everyone to see that wig he must have bought in a comedy shop.

Tthe man has a touch of surrealism to him though, thinking all those hot women want to marry him cus of his good looks and witty persona.

tamarin
Hmmm, is that like saying if you're going to have a lump in your pants it'd better be your wallet?

talloola
[quote=selfactivated;761549]Im not going to run back and forth with this. MY opinion is he is a pompous jack arse that has his heart in his wallet.

you really seem to resent the fact that he is very rich, you've mentioned that more than once or twice.

Now he can come sue ME.\

Got any money?

Your opinion is Rosie is a big mouth and now Rosie can laugh and go on to the next day, its all in the life of a famous person

I don't consider her famous at all, it's all in the eye of the beholder, and her type doesn't impress me, I
like intelligent people, who really do have some talent for something, other than mouthing off all the
time, she won't last long on that show, or maybe the whole show will go down the toilet, I do like Barbara Walters though.

selfactivated
She impresses me I wish I had her moxie and guts. Us uneducated fat woman have to have someone to look up to right?

talloola

She impresses me I wish I had her moxie and guts. Us uneducated fat woman have to have someone to look up to right?

Are you serious? There are so many people who could impress, why does it have to be her.

I'm not sure what else to say, but if you feel good being impressed with her, go for it.

How about Oprah, she has so much more going for her than Rosie, and she isn't highly educated,

nor am I, so what. Many very educated people haven't an ounce of common sense, they just know how

to read, remember, right tests and get good marks, so much more to life than that.

selfactivated
Go back and read that post with a dripping southern drawl.........I still like Rosie......I always will. I like whoopie too and robin willams ........ But i dont like trump and I never will he does not give me a good feeling and I trust my gut.

talloola

Go back and read that post with a dripping southern drawl.........I still like Rosie......I always will. I like whoopie too and robin willams ........ But i dont like trump and I never will he does not give me a good feeling and I trust my gut.

I like whoopie and Robin Williams too

We should like who we like, but we shouldn't dislike too easily.

there was a man "hanged" tonight, and he was a man to "dislike", and fear, he made

Donald Trump look like a choir boy, and Rosie like an angel.

selfactivated
nevermind.
Last edited by selfactivated; Dec 30th, 2006 at 03:47 AM..

sanctus
Quote: Originally Posted by talloola View Post

Are you serious? There are so many people who could impress, why does it have to be her.

I'm not sure what else to say, but if you feel good being impressed with her, go for it.

How about Oprah, she has so much more going for her than Rosie, and she isn't highly educated,

nor am I, so what. Many very educated people haven't an ounce of common sense, they just know how

to read, remember, right tests and get good marks, so much more to life than that.

I confess to a failing in my opinion, in that I utterly dislike Rosie O'Donnell, and for pretty much the same reasons Mr. Trump listed. I find her obnoxious, loud and totally devoid of intelligence and class. If she was not who she was, and I met her on the street, I'd think her the excellent poster girl example of the loud-mouthed welfare lady with all the attached stereotypes of same. In essence, I find very little to admire in her.

tamarin
Why don't we just let Rosie and Donald duke it out in the ring? We all know who would win. Besides Donald has plenty of insurance. He wouldn't mind collecting.

Curiosity
The press in all its forms - is insane

In between reports of Saddam's execution last week and the death of an ex-president of the U.S., weather problems across the nation - the media seem totally focussed on what Donald and Rosie are
spewing.

From what I have heard reported in the media they are both lacking in anything creative and challenging. Were those two debating on CanCon - they would bore us to death and we would move along probably
lobbing a caustic "stow it".... for each of them. Flying insults between the bitter bully O'Donnell and the control freak - Trump is just not interesting after the sixth day.

How they make the big bucks for having such little substance to say makes me wonder about the public (us) and what our lack of standards are. From what I read here - the thinkers on this forum are much better than these two zombies.

I guess the interests of we the public are dictated by the "press" whatever that means.

temperance
Actually I find them two peas in a pod ,Probably a media seeking feud ,The new season coming and this is perfect attetion getting behavior !!!

Chappy
I'm not a big fan of The Donald but I'm with Team Trump after that big, fat, tub of goo Rosie went off on Kelly Rippa (not that I'm a huge Rippa fan either)... calling her homophobic (that term kills me) over what she said when Clay Aiken put his hand over her mouth. I lost what very little use I had for her. Dumb as a post is putting it mildly. Just had a look at when I last made a visit to this board....Dec 14 2002 lol.

talloola
[quote=sanctus;761683]I confess to a failing in my opinion, in that I utterly dislike Rosie O'Donnell, and for pretty much the same reasons Mr. Trump listed. I find her obnoxious, loud and totally devoid of intelligence and class. If she was not who she was, and I met her on the street, I'd think her the excellent poster girl example of the loud-mouthed welfare lady with all the attached stereotypes of same. In essence, I find very little to admire in her

If a meeting were called for all the people who think the same as "we" do about Rosie, we would
have to rent a very large, LARGE convention "type" hall., so don't feel guilty, your certainly not alone.