what happened?

hermanntrude
the forum was down and then when it came back up everything had changed. I don't like the new format. And how are we supposed to get our own posts back up? there used to be a button called "my posts"

jimmoyer
I agree hermanttude. The previous format was much more
clearer to the eye. The print is also smaller for those of
older than 40.

But I reckon as with all software upgrades, the last version
could no longer be supported.

Kreskin
Once everyone gets the hang of the new board I'm sure everyone will recognize the value added features.

hermanntrude
quick reply isnt as quick as it used to be, the text is too small, there is no button to find your own posts, and i've just lost the avatar i uploaded yesterday!

not impressed. I hope it's worthwhile software-wise

Toro
I don't see the "my posts" or the "posts since last visit" button. I thought those were very convenient.

feronia
I'm afraid I have to agree. This format is hard on the eyes and I also navigate the board with "my Post" also. Is there a way to integrate our needs and keep the Techs toys?
Last edited by feronia; Sep 26th, 2006 at 11:11 AM..Reason: grammar

feronia
Edit is different too.

Proud American
This format is definitely harsher on the eyes. I took on a headache just searching for the discussion boards..OUCH!

Sassylassie
Whaaaaaaaaaaaaa I hate change, I'm old and cranky and change makes me meaner than normal. Lord is the quick reply button fast it like boom and voila there is my post. I like that part. I feel for those who are having trouble reading the text but I have brand spanking new Bifocals and I can read everything.

Kreskin
Hey guys, give Andem a chance to activate and re-jig things. This isn't a new version of the old forum it's a completely different board. It's now running on vBulletin which is the best, or one of the best, forum solutions on the market. In the meantime go into "My Profile" to see a host of new features we didn't have before.

fuzzylogix
Sorry. Yet another person griping. This format is AWFUL!!!!!!!

It is so confusing with all the headings and the confusing posting buttons and repeated headings. Now this forum looks just like all the other ones on the net. I liked this one because it was so easy on the eyes. You could read downwards through all the posts without continued headings interrupting your reading. You used to focus on what people were saying and who was saying it because it was so simply displayed. I find this format is so tiring to use and look at and seems to depersonalize all of the posts.

I think you might lose a lot of members if the format stays like this. It has lost its fun simplicity that made it so different from all the other forums.

hermanntrude
something else that ive noticed... correct me if i'm wrong but i don't think we had automatic news posts (along with their network names) before.

If i wanted to know what was on the CBC news i'd go to canada and switch on the TV. The old method was good because it meant that people only posted about what interested them.

EastSideScotian
vBULLTIEN is good, but this is one uglt looking site now, and it even hurts my eyes, are their any other skins? do we have the option to set our own skins like on some vbulliten sites?

So far unimpressed

I think not
I'm sure Andem is hard at work tweaking the board. The change from PhpBB to vBulletin is not an easy task. Give it some time.

hermanntrude
OK. time granted

Cosmo
Whoa all ... take a chill pill! Andem will get around to tweaking this software with all our little requests, I'm sure, but this is the best forum software available. Switching over is a huge task, especially since his helper made a run for it.

Once we get used to the little things on this, we will love it. I visit other forums using this software and it's got a lot of excellent features. The old software was maxxed out, even with Andem's wizardry. This one? Hah! Watch him do his magic!

I think not
Cosmo, don't get lost now only on CanCon eh, some of us like your posts elsewhere. By the way, you look better in orange.

gc
This is going to take some getting used to...
Finally got my avatar back...

Cosmo
Quote: Originally Posted by I think not View Post

Cosmo, don't get lost now only on CanCon eh, some of us like your posts elsewhere. By the way, you look better in orange.

Thanks ITN I'm not spending as much quality time with the computer as I used to, but I'm still lurking around.

fuzzylogix
Quote: Originally Posted by vcemprevet View Post

Buy PHENTERMINE Online, Overnight Shipping
Overnight Shipping. Based in the USA for Quality and Safety. No prior prescription required.
TRAMADOL
You save now! We sell all meds at cost. US licensed pharmacy.
Cost plus processing fee. Free Overnight FedEx. Secure

P.S. 2admin,moderators:
If you want stop this click here

Oh great- Is this going to be one of the benefits- getting garbage like this?

fuzzylogix
Sorry, but it's me again. How come we have to have at least 16 characters in a post before we can submit it.

Sometimes a post may require only a simple

DUH or HUH or Stupid or Boring or YAWN to be an effective post. A post should not be minimally limited.

Said1
Wooohoooo! A 'veiw who's on-line' feature. Being as nosy as I am, I missed that feature on this board. Now it's here!

Daz_Hockey
Quote: Originally Posted by Said1 View Post

Wooohoooo! A 'veiw who's on-line' feature. Being as nosy as I am, I missed that feature on this board. Now it's here!

Not always good when your doing a spot of "Lurking" Said1! hehe

Said1
Quote: Originally Posted by Daz_Hockey View Post

Not always good when your doing a spot of "Lurking" Said1! hehe

Don't log on. I think some can see your IP when lurking anyway, 'Guest'.

Said1
The rep feature is here too, cool. I gave you some Daz, just to see if it works, but I don't think I have enough POWER> Mwaaahahahaha!

It was positive of course.

Daz_Hockey

The rep feature is here too, cool. I gave you some Daz, just to see if it works, but I don't think I have enough POWER> Mwaaahahahaha!

It was positive of course.

Why thank you, you sir are a gentleman and a scholar.

I also notice the reappearence of Five Paradox as well, not always a bad thing when you need a bright and colourful display.

Sassylassie
LOL Said1 you always make my day a little brighter. Daz, put your pants back on will ya. That new rep feature shows ya sitting in your underwear. Just kidding, chill with what makes you relaxed.

Five did someone say Five, where is he? He's due for a hug, lord that Young Man has moxy, and color the most wonderous of color. We need more Five color.

Said1
Quote: Originally Posted by Daz_Hockey View Post

Why thank you, you sir are a gentleman and a scholar.

I also notice the reappearence of Five Paradox as well, not always a bad thing when you need a bright and colourful display.

Ahem, that's 'madame' the rest is just obvious.

I guess we all kind of miss 5. Even moi!

Daz_Hockey

Ahem, that's 'madame' the rest is just obvious.

I guess we all kind of miss 5. Even moi!

I sincerly appologise for my assumption that you were male.

But thank you my dear and please take this as an official grovelling exercise!.

Also, Sassy, yes, I take it you've guessed the time in the UK, I am indeed sat on my bed watching the tube (although I will not discuss what I'm wearing....or not !!).

Riyko
Quote: Originally Posted by fuzzylogix View Post

Sorry, but it's me again. How come we have to have at least 16 characters in a post before we can submit it.

Sometimes a post may require only a simple

DUH or HUH or Stupid or Boring or YAWN to be an effective post. A post should not be minimally limited.

The reason why 16 characters are needed is to prevent people from spamming the board (someone correct me if i'm wrong).

I like the new layout, the only real thing I have a problem with is the thing that shows the recent topics posted in on the main page of the forum.