Russians meddling in mid term elections

Hoid
Zuckerberg is sure that Facebook is being used by Russians to meddle in the US mid term elections that will decide whether Russian meddling gets punished or not.

Mark Zuckerberg: Russia using Facebook to meddle in midterm elections - Business Insider

All modern electoral systems are vulnerable and are being breached.

All modern electoral results are invalid.

Meaning - stay with me - that a democratic landslide on November will be invalid.

See how that works?

Johnnny
No Party Affiliation
+1
What if Justin Trudeau was the result of an abandoned Soviet project to have Fidel Castro's son be Canada's Prime Minister?

Those Russians may have lost the Cold War but it sure hasn't stopped them much.

Cliffy
Free Thinker
+3 / -1
#3  Top Rated Post
I still don't know why people get all excited about this meddling business. The Yankees have been meddling in the affairs of most countries in the world fro the last 6 decades or more and nobody said anything. I really think this is just a bunch of BS to stir up and rekindle cold war hatred of the Ruskies. Besides, people need to wake up to the fact that they no longer live in a democratic republic because they don't. Both the US and Kanata are oligarchies and the ruling elite own both the right and the left. So it doesn't matter which side gets in the oligarchy still gets their way and y'all get the shaft every time.
Last edited by Cliffy; Mar 22nd, 2018 at 02:04 PM..

Danbones
Free Thinker
Quote: Originally Posted by Johnnny View Post

What if Justin Trudeau was the result of an abandoned Soviet project to have Fidel Castro's son be Canada's Prime Minister?

Those Russians may have lost the Cold War but it sure hasn't stopped them much.

Well there is a cold war missile that looks like it will really miss

Someone will get the siberian firing squad for that little recruiting mess up.

Hoid
+1 / -1
Quote: Originally Posted by Cliffy View Post

I still don't know why people get all excited about this meddling business. The Yankees have been meddling in the affairs of most countries in the world fro the last 6 decades or more and nobody said anything. I really think this is just a bunch of BS to stir up and rekindle cold war hatred of the Ruskies. Besides, people need to wake up to the fact that they no longer live in a democratic republic because they don't. Both the US and Kanata are oligarchies and the ruling elite own both the right and the left. So it doesn't matter which side gets in the oligarchy still gets their way and y'all get the shaft every time.

Opps supposed to be a greenie because every election ever has been meddled in.

10larry
Mark Zuckerberg: Russia using Facebook to meddle in midterm elections - Business Insider

Reading this link nothing definitive appears to convict anyone of anything, it's all fluff. No prosecutor would entertain trying for conviction with marks' nothingburger testimony. Cambridge analytica present some interesting evidence but sadly they're not based in moscow so the hard full court press is not applied.
<snip> acknowledged that there would never be a point at which Facebook is definitely, completely safe.<>
Case closed.

Bar Sinister
No Party Affiliation

I really don't think election meddling is the only thing to hold the Russians responsible for, They have also engaged in acts of aggression against Ukraine, used terror bombing in Syria, and probably been behind at least two poisonings on British soil. In addition they have used oil blackmail against Western Europe.

Walter
+1
Facebook, Google, Twitter Don't Know—or Don't Care—if China Tried to Meddle in 2016 Election
https://pjmedia.com/trending/faceboo...2016-election/

Good question.

Ocean Breeze
Free Thinker
+1 / -1

Well stated. I guess the US is the only one that can meddle in other countries..including elective invasions , regime changes etc. Perish the thought that the US be the target.

Seems that the US is a bit behind as it relates to the contemporary tactics of "interference." He who is smarter in the hi tech tactics .......seems to dominate.. Kinda : my geeks are smarter , quicker than yours. "influencing "elections might soon be kids play as hacking skills are used to interferes with critical services, and military installations. Destruction by algorithm.
Last edited by Ocean Breeze; Jul 18th, 2018 at 11:19 PM..

10larry
+1 / -1
Quote: Originally Posted by Bar Sinister View Post

I really don't think election meddling is the only thing to hold the Russians responsible for, They have also engaged in acts of aggression against Ukraine, used terror bombing in Syria, and probably been behind at least two poisonings on British soil. In addition they have used oil blackmail against Western Europe.

U.S. is desperate to find any shred of evidence on meddling in reality all they have done is tell the world their cyber security sucks. Russians were asked by syria to enter syria in order to help battle u.s. backed rebels that lacked invitations...read terrorists. Eastern ukraine is largely russian folks not happy about kiev plans for them n' would luv crimea like closure.
Brits have the same prob, pesky evidence seems difficult to capsulate, twixt brexit and mays' cloak and dagger sagas she's lost focus, so much so that boris tossed in the towel. OPEC gets the blue ribbon for oil hi-jinks, germanys' pipe has plenty of gas, if kiev paid their gaz bill gaz could flow.
Best bit u.s. politicians are beside themselves not knowing what trump and putin discussed, horrified that maybe the [gasp] peace word got mention.

Danbones
Free Thinker
Bar has no problem with installing nazis in the UKRAINE, so you can see that by blaming russia for that he is being completely DISHONEST...like hoid and other posers like CC and OB, when they then call opponents of this Tyrannical global communist NAZISM, N.A.Z.I.S.

Which is a typical nazi/communist "great big lie" tactic BTW...

Oh look, it's "democratic" trumphater, the songbird of hanoi, John McCain!!!

HIGH BAR! didn't see you standing there!
Last edited by Danbones; Jul 19th, 2018 at 05:37 AM..

Walter
+3
Obama cyber chief confirms 'stand down' order against Russian cyberattacks in summer 2016
https://www.yahoo.com/news/obama-cyb...204935758.html

So glad he's not POTUS no more.

Kreskin
Quote: Originally Posted by Walter View Post

Obama cyber chief confirms 'stand down' order against Russian cyberattacks in summer 2016
https://www.yahoo.com/news/obama-cyb...204935758.html

So glad he's not POTUS no more.

But it could be China, or a 400 pound guy in a bed.

taxslave
Free Thinker
+3
Quote: Originally Posted by Ocean Breeze View Post

Well stated. I guess the US is the only one that can meddle in other countries..including elective invasions , regime changes etc. Perish the thought that the US be the target.

Seems that the US is a bit behind as it relates to the contemporary tactics of "interference." He who is smarter in the hi tech tactics .......seems to dominate.. Kinda : my geeks are smarter , quicker than yours. "influencing "elections might soon be kids play as hacking skills are used to interferes with critical services, and military installations. Destruction by algorithm.

France has been meddling in Canadian elections forever.

Curious Cdn
No Party Affiliation
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by taxslave View Post

France has been meddling in Canadian elections forever.

The French government through their intelligence agencies actively tried to break up our country for years.

Walter
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=XasQu5YQFUM

Twin_Moose
Conservative
+1

I agree with you on this one

DaSleeper
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by Curious Cdn View Post

The French government through their intelligence agencies actively tried to break up our country for years.

De Gaulle was was quite open with "Vive le Québec Libre"

Walter
Quote: Originally Posted by DaSleeper View Post

De Gaulle was was quite open with "Vive le Québec Libre"

See post #16.

DaSleeper
Quote: Originally Posted by Walter View Post

See post #16.

I only watch music videos

Curious Cdn
No Party Affiliation
Quote: Originally Posted by DaSleeper View Post

I only watch music videos

Betcha only read books that you can colour in.

DaSleeper
Quote: Originally Posted by Curious Cdn View Post

Betcha only read books that you can colour in.

Oooooooh........I'm so hurt by your childish insults........