Super Tuesday: Donald Trump and Hillary Clinton win big

Icarus27k
Quote: Originally Posted by EagleSmack View Post

lmao. Roger that

It's very much true. Trump needs to win more than he is now in order to win a majority before the Republican National Convention this coming summer.

Every presidential election, we talk about the possibility of a contested national party convention, and yet it hasn't happened in 60 years. But the Trump/non-Trump Republican fight is the closest we've been to one since that time.

JLM
No Party Affiliation
Quote: Originally Posted by Machjo View Post

He's running to head a party. That makes him a politician.

Maybe we haven't seen all of Trump's true colours yet. He's showing a lot of bluster, perhaps to get it firmly embedded in people's minds that he's not going to take any crap. Some people like that. He still has 8 months to be Mr. Nice Guy.

petros
+1
For what it's worth, today is Whopper Wednesday.

JLM
No Party Affiliation
Quote: Originally Posted by Icarus27k View Post

It's very much true. Trump needs to win more than he is now in order to win a majority before the Republican National Convention this coming summer.

Every presidential election, we talk about the possibility of a contested national party convention, and yet it hasn't happened in 60 years. But the Trump/non-Trump Republican fight is the closest we've been to one since that time.

I suppose mathematically you are correct, but for all intents and purposes I'd say he's "the man" until he comes up against Hillary!

Quote: Originally Posted by petros View Post

For what it's worth, today is Whopper Wednesday.

Yep, along with the previous 365 days.

petros
https://vimeo.com/46181665

IdRatherBeSkiing
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by JLM View Post

I suppose mathematically you are correct, but for all intents and purposes I'd say he's "the man" until he comes up against Hillary!

Yep, along with the previous 365 days.

You don't visit Burger King much do you?

mentalfloss
Quote: Originally Posted by pgs View Post

But he isn't a politician and that is all that counts right now with the American public .
That he makes your head explode is an added bonus .

You think that him not being a politician will actually make a tangible difference?

And in a positive way?

EagleSmack
+1

Icarus... you're mind is owned by the Democrat machine.

They're afraid.

The DNC squashed any hope for a contested convention for the Democrat party. It will always be establishment candidates. The Democrat Primaries are a Hillary coronation.

Mowich
Conservative
+1

Ludlow
No Party Affiliation
Trump has measured the societal mind set of the times, and is telling those masses what they want to hear. And he will get the votes from traditional red states. The question is can he break through in the traditional blue states which carry a larger electoral number.

EagleSmack
Quote: Originally Posted by Ludlow View Post

Trump has measured the societal mind set of the times, and is telling those masses what they want to hear. And he will get the votes from traditional red states. The question is can he break through in the traditional blue states which carry a larger electoral number.

Don't you think they all are? Sanders is for sure which is why Hillary is speaking out about it. Free college... seriously?

JLM
No Party Affiliation
Quote: Originally Posted by IdRatherBeSkiing View Post

You don't visit Burger King much do you?

Not sure what the connection is but I mainly patronize A & W and McDonalds a wee bit. Nothing against B.K. except they're a few miles out of my way.

O.K. now I recall the Whopper from I ate there regularly in 1983.

Mowich
Conservative
+1

I suppose it may depend on how many of those blue states have seen thousands of jobs disappear, factories close and manufacturing plants go overseas. The Donald appears to be striking a chord with people who see little hope for the future now that that future contains joblessness, idleness, poverty, loss of homes and the possibility of families breaking apart. I listened to him talking about the trillions of dollars that have gone overseas - he had a point and many of the unemployed people listening to him were probably quite cheered to hear that someone wants to do something about it.

IdRatherBeSkiing

Not sure what the connection is but I mainly patronize A & W and McDonalds a wee bit. Nothing against B.K. except they're a few miles out of my way.

O.K. now I recall the Whopper from I ate there regularly in 1983.

Burger King has reduced price Whoppers every Wednesday ... a promotion they call Whopper Wednesday. That is the connection.

petros
To depart from a consumer economy almost every aspect of life would require retooling but what would it become? What would the economy be?

Burger King has reduced price Whoppers every Wednesday ... a promotion they call Whopper Wednesday. That is the connection.

$2.50 but they want 85 for a slice of cheese. It's the second best bang for your buck. 2 mcdoubles "like a Mac" can't be beat though.

"Like a Mac" is adding Mac sauce and lettuce.

Mowich
Conservative
+1

To depart from a consumer economy almost every aspect of life would require retooling but what would it become? What would the economy be?

A non-consumer economy?

petros
What would that be?

Mowich
Conservative
+2

What would that be?

The Rise of the Machines?

EagleSmack
+2
Quote: Originally Posted by Mowich View Post

The Rise of the Machines?

Yes!

Bring up the Blaster! MOWICH GO!

petros
T two tousund

darkbeaver
Republican
It must take an enormous pile of investment and production and literally years of prime time media. I wonder if it's profitable? These epic election extravagazas.

Ludlow
No Party Affiliation
Quote: Originally Posted by darkbeaver View Post

It must take an enormous pile of investment and production and literally years of prime time media. I wonder if it's profitable? These epic election extravagazas.

it is what it is darkbungchute live with It and stop yer whining.

JLM
No Party Affiliation
Quote: Originally Posted by B00Mer View Post

Looks like a Trump Presidency ..

He is beating Hillary in the polls.

I think he'd be the better of the two evils! (doubt if either one of them is totally sane)

Quote: Originally Posted by Kreskin View Post

With Palin pushing Trump I'm surprised he didn't win Alaska.

Yeah, last I heard on the news Trump was leading about 35 to 34, so he must have just lost by a whisker.

Mowich
Conservative
Quote: Originally Posted by darkbeaver View Post

You can just bet that the media and advertising companies are laughing all the way to the bank, DB. Yeah, people are making big money off this ............too bad it doesn't seem to be serving the American public all that well. JMO

I think he'd be the better of the two evils! (doubt if either one of them is totally sane)

Don Martin interviewed Conrad Black on Power Play today and the subject was his (Connie's) friend Donald. His Lordship vouchsafed the opinion that what you are seeing on the campaign trail is but smoke and mirrors and the Real Donald Trump though not quite warm and fuzzy, is the next best thing - a really good, smart man who can build fab buildings.

Ludlow
No Party Affiliation

Burger King sucks. As does McDonalds. Want a good burger try Lotta burger down in New Mexico.

davesmom
+2
Trump's biggest enemy is the Republican Party itself - the 'establishment'. I think they are shooting themselves in the foot by opposing him! It is the establishment that the American public is tired of and that's why they are supporting Trump.
The 'old boys' in the Party don't want change; they want to hang onto their power. But if they want to win the election they will have to support Trump.
Clinton will be the same old same old. Trump will be a revolutionary new power that will get things done. I think Trump will go all the way and will defeat Clinton. There's a lot more to Trump than he has shown so far. All the mud they're throwing at him isn't sticking.

darkbeaver
Republican

it is what it is darkbungchute live with It and stop yer whining.

Thankyou for your input regarding this important matter. As you know here at triple C we value everyones opinion. Be happy!

Ludlow
No Party Affiliation
Quote: Originally Posted by davesmom View Post

Trump's biggest enemy is the Republican Party itself - the 'establishment'. I think they are shooting themselves in the foot by opposing him! It is the establishment that the American public is tired of and that's why they are supporting Trump.
The 'old boys' in the Party don't want change; they want to hang onto their power. But if they want to win the election they will have to support Trump.
Clinton will be the same old same old. Trump will be a revolutionary new power that will get things done. I think Trump will go all the way and will defeat Clinton. There's a lot more to Trump than he has shown so far. All the mud they're throwing at him isn't sticking.

Absolutely and as we all know from history that isolationism and protectionism produce fantastic results.

darkbeaver
Republican
Quote: Originally Posted by Mowich View Post

You can just bet that the media and advertising companies are laughing all the way to the bank, DB. Yeah, people are making big money off this ............too bad it doesn't seem to be serving the American public all that well. JMO

Banks. What do they actually do? I I was in highschool and heard nothing about banks really. Are they important to young people? How many young people do banks eat every year?

EagleSmack
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by davesmom View Post

Bingo.

And I think the GOP establishment will do whatever they can to run him off the road. I think that will be a mistake because that might just break the GOP and I am one who scoffed at that prediction in the past. But alienating such a large base is doom for the GOP. The GOP big shots simply don't have their fingers on the pulse of the electorate.