Real or Fake?

Retired_Can_Soldier
I checked Snopes could not find anything. If it's manufactured its a pretty good job.

Killer Whale eats man.flv - YouTube

In Between Man
Fake. See the text with a logo at the end? It's an advertisement.

Bar Sinister
I've seen this before. If I remember correctly it is It is actually footage of a killer whale coming out of the water to grab a seal off the beach. Someone just put the man in the picture. If you look carefully you can see the hapless seal just before the whale strikes.

Retired_Can_Soldier
Quote: Originally Posted by Bar Sinister View Post

I've seen this before. If I remember correctly it is It is actually footage of a killer whale coming out of the water to grab a seal off the beach. Someone just put the man in the picture. If you look carefully you can see the hapless seal just before the whale strikes.

I heard this explanation as well and I won't discount it as being fake, but I haven't found anything to back that up other than people saying it was fake. Do you know where the original footage is?

bill barilko
Quote:

Do you know where the original footage is?

I've seen similar footage from the Patagonian coast in the far south of Argentina so maybe a search for those vids would yield some results-tough because you don't read write or understand Spanish though.

Bar Sinister
Quote: Originally Posted by Retired_Can_Soldier View Post

I heard this explanation as well and I won't discount it as being fake, but I haven't found anything to back that up other than people saying it was fake. Do you know where the original footage is?

I believe it made it to the evening news a couple of years or so ago. I have Googled it and apparently it is part of a commercial for a department store chain in the Dominican Republic. However, the strongest evidence for it being a fake is that no commercial news network bothered to show this reported attack. I note that the death of a trainer at Seaworld a few years ago was major news and was shown repeatedly even in Canada.