Globe and Mail's Gutsy Piece: Donald Trump is the world’s oldest seven-year-old boy

mentalfloss

Donald Trump is the world’s oldest seven-year-old boy

America’s next president is a grown man who reacts to perceived slights with the sophistication of a seven-year-old boy who loses a game of Go Fish! with his mother and runs around the room knocking stuff off tables. How do you even deal with that? There are days you just want to send Donald Trump to his room.

One of those days came late last week. Mr. Trump threw a tantrum when Jill Stein, the Leader of the Green Party, said she and others would seek a recount of the vote in three swing states.

No fair, cried Mr. Trump, and then he tweeted this: “In addition to winning the Electoral College in a landslide, I won the popular vote if you deduct the millions of people who voted illegally.”

Yeah, not only can Donald clobber his mother at cards if he wants, but he would have beaten her by even more if she hadn’t cheated. Upstairs, mister!

Mr. Trump and his transition team have zero evidence to back his claim. The White House and voting officials across the country have declared the election fair and accepted the outcome. It is a near certainty that, after any recounting is done, he will still be president-elect, and his Democrat opponent, Hillary Clinton, will still have won the popular vote by more than two million ballots.

But Mr. Trump can’t handle challenges to his authority, and he has no relationship whatsoever with the rules of fair play. During the campaign, when he said he might not accept the outcome of the election on the outrageous grounds that the voting system was “rigged” against him, he defended his position by pointing out, correctly, that it is the right of any candidate to ask for a recount.

Well, not any candidate, it turns out. Just him. When an opponent does it, that’s no fair.

Donald Trump is 70. This is not a phase he will grow out of. Between his lack of experience, his habit of believing the last thing anyone told him, his appeasement of white supremacists and racists who feed on the lie that immigrants and minority groups vote illegally, and his overseas business dealings that will put him and his family in a flagrant conflict of interest once he takes power, America is in for a turbulent four years.

Add to that Mr. Trump’s emotional fragility, and the picture darkens further.

Donald Trump is the world’s oldest seven-year-old boy - The Globe and Mail

Ludlow
No Party Affiliation
Tell ya what I think. Your obsession leads me to believe ye have a bone on for the Trump.

gopher
No Party Affiliation
+1
Donnie Donnie is outspoken about everything except ...

JLM
No Party Affiliation
+1 / -1
Quote: Originally Posted by Ludlow View Post

Tell ya what I think. Your obsession leads me to believe ye have a bone on for the Trump.

Maybe a little truth in what he said but by the same token the other candidate was probably a whiny, spoiled, petulant 5 year old brat.

Bar Sinister
No Party Affiliation
+1
And did any thinking voter actually think the Dumpster was actually going to begin acting in a mature matter? It is going to be a long four years before this arrogant moron is actually voted out, provided he does not get himself impeached first.

JLM
No Party Affiliation
Quote: Originally Posted by Bar Sinister View Post

And did any thinking voter actually think the Dumpster was actually going to begin acting in a mature matter? It is going to be a long four years before this arrogant moron is actually voted out, provided he does not get himself impeached first.

I wouldn't bet my first born, if I was you! He's already made a fool out of a few people!

Angstrom
No Party Affiliation
+2
#7  Top Rated Post
Look, It's the left shaming machine up to it again. The people at globe and mail are just as butt hurt as you mentalfart

Curious Cdn
No Party Affiliation
... and America herself is a twelve year old girl
and every day is her birthday!!

mentalfloss
It's Angstrom's birthday and he'll cry if he wants to.

Locutus
our moral and intellectual superiors will have years of acting out their hurt feelings about Trump's yuge victory.

mentalfloss
The only one acting like a moral and intellectual superior is Donald J Trump.

Locutus
+2
heh...you sure is mad kid.

mentalfloss
Only people who constantly make those types of posts are actually mad.

The evidence speaks for itself.

Liberalman
Free Thinker
Trump wants to be the king of the sand box

mentalfloss
He is, except nobody wants to play with him because he keeps ****ting in it.

JLM
No Party Affiliation
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by mentalfloss View Post

The only one acting like a moral and intellectual superior is Donald J Trump.

I don't think it's "acting" when you are just being yourself!

Quote: Originally Posted by Liberalman View Post

Trump wants to be the king of the sand box

I think 60 million voters have already conceded that he is!

DaSleeper
Quote: Originally Posted by gopher View Post

Donnie Donnie is outspoken about everything except ...

Like Floosie....Gopher is gonna be butt-hurt for the next 4 years.... at least.....

Locutus
we should invite waldo back.

JLM
No Party Affiliation
Quote: Originally Posted by Locutus View Post

we should invite waldo back.

Why? He only makes slightly more sense than you do!

DaSleeper
Naaaaaah......He's probably in machu picchu

lone wolf
Free Thinker
I hope to see a bunch of hero worshippers follow Trump off that cliff....

...it's gonna be a lo-oo-ng four years

mentalfloss
Will it be four years though?

lone wolf
Free Thinker
Gut feeling says no.....

mentalfloss
One can only hope he knows a really good crack dealer.

gopher
No Party Affiliation
Quote: Originally Posted by DaSleeper View Post

Like Floosie....Gopher is gonna be butt-hurt for the next 4 years.... at least.....

Strange how the delusional right wingers here never objected to Wally's 8 year hate campaign against Obama.

JLM
No Party Affiliation

Strange how the delusional right wingers here never objected to Wally's 8 year hate campaign against Obama.

Yep, I think Walter's opinion of any person was pretty much tied to a single criteria....................what political party the guy belonged to or agreed with. Regardless of political stripe I just can't understand why anyone would dislike Obama.

Bar Sinister
No Party Affiliation
Quote: Originally Posted by JLM View Post

I wouldn't bet my first born, if I was you! He's already made a fool out of a few people!

Right, whenever he's not making a fool out of himself.

davesmom
Those who call Trump immature are sooooooo immature! Pointing out other people's shortcomings is a definite sign of maturity.

mentalfloss

Yea, these people have serious psychological issues but they think they're fine so they are imprisoned to a life of anger.

Over the past few centuries they've continued to die out and Trump is the final hurrah before we evolve.

pgs
Free Thinker
Quote: Originally Posted by mentalfloss View Post

Yea, these people have serious psychological issues but they think they're fine so they are imprisoned to a life of anger.

Over the past few centuries they've continued to die out and Trump is the final hurrah before we evolve.

Yet you are still angry over the latest election in the US .
Are there bars imprisoning the anger in you .