39% of Young Americans Don't Want to Work

Locutus
On Friday, the Washington Examiner reported that according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, a full 85.9 million Americans had said they did not want a job last month Ė 93 percent of all of those who had dropped out of labor force. The labor force participation rate in the United States is at a three-decade low thanks to President Obamaís job-killing economic measures. Pew Research Center found that 39 percent of 16-24 year olds didnít want to work. That number had skyrocketed ten percent over the last 14 years. Among men, 28.5 percent said they didnít want a job.

is lumbersexualism is contagious?

POLL: 39% of Young Americans Don't Want to Work

gopher
No Party Affiliation
+2
#2  Top Rated Post
Naturally, Breitbart has proof somewhere that Obama is responsible for young people not wanting to work.

Locutus
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by gopher View Post

Naturally, Breitbart has proof somewhere that Obama is responsible for young people not wanting to work.

yeah, the silly Pew link is just silly.

More and more Americans are outside the labor force entirely. Who are they? | Pew Research Center

petros
Obama’s job-killing economic measures....

gopher
No Party Affiliation
+1
Oh yes - we must remember that he caused the Great Recession, Great Depression, and even the Fall in the Garden of Eden.

captain morgan
No Party Affiliation
Labor participation at record lows.

Record levels of debt

Trillion dollar deficits

Fed Reserve printed money for years and years; called it 'Quantitative Easing'

Quantitative Easing program now ended... Interest rates likely to rise.

... Tell me how this can possibly end well

Tecumsehsbones
Quote: Originally Posted by captain morgan View Post

Labor participation at record lows.

Record levels of debt

Trillion dollar deficits

Fed Reserve printed money for years and years; called it 'Quantitative Easing'

Quantitative Easing program now ended... Interest rates likely to rise.

By impeaching Obama?

captain morgan
No Party Affiliation
I doubt that will undo anything

Tecumsehsbones

I doubt that will undo anything

Probably true. Let's just sue him.

captain morgan
No Party Affiliation
How about R&D into developing a time machine.

That would be so cool on so many levels.

gopher
No Party Affiliation
+2
Yes, let's comply with the Republican campaign to impeach Obama and reduce taxes for the wealthy - that will solve everything including sun rash, economy problems, and the heart break of psoriasis.

Machjo
Quote: Originally Posted by Locutus View Post

On Friday, the Washington Examiner reported that according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, a full 85.9 million Americans had said they did not want a job last month Ė 93 percent of all of those who had dropped out of labor force. The labor force participation rate in the United States is at a three-decade low thanks to President Obamaís job-killing economic measures. Pew Research Center found that 39 percent of 16-24 year olds didnít want to work. That number had skyrocketed ten percent over the last 14 years. Among men, 28.5 percent said they didnít want a job.

is lumbersexualism is contagious?

POLL: 39% of Young Americans Don't Want to Work

No worries. They'll want to work once the inflation kicks in. Then they'll have to work.

Print, print, print your way right out of all debt,
merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily,
Debt payment's a sure bet.

gopher
No Party Affiliation
+1
End all tax shelters thereby solving the nation's debt and the government won't need to print money.

Machjo
+1

Yes, let's comply with the Republican campaign to impeach Obama and reduce taxes for the wealthy - that will solve everything including sun rash, economy problems, and the heart break of psoriasis.

Do Republicans sincerely believe they can afford to lower taxes. Oh wow.

It would seem our own government is confusing debt and deficit, saying they'll lower taxes as soon as the deficit is eliminated.

OK, and what about the debt?

End all tax shelters thereby solving the nation's debt and the government won't need to print money.

Reducing military and other government spending might help too. Just sayin'.

gopher
No Party Affiliation
+1
Ending the military industrial complex would comply with the teachings of our Founding Fathers and greatly reduce the debt. Ending overseas tax shelters will end it completely and give us a huge surplus.

Tecumsehsbones
Quote: Originally Posted by Machjo View Post

Do Republicans sincerely believe they can afford to lower taxes. Oh wow.

It would seem our own government is confusing debt and deficit, saying they'll lower taxes as soon as the deficit is eliminated.

Reducing military and other government spending might help too. Just sayin'.

Especially "other government spending," seeing as how the military budget is only about 19% of the 2013 budget.

Plenty of room in there for cuts, mind. But it ain't the cure-all some folks think it is.

Machjo
Quote: Originally Posted by Tecumsehsbones View Post

Especially "other government spending," seeing as how the military budget is only about 19% of the 2013 budget.

Plenty of room in there for cuts, mind. But it ain't the cure-all some folks think it is.

Agreed.

WLDB
No Party Affiliation

By leading to the beginning of something good maybe?

Thats my question. Perhaps putting some money on it would be a good idea but I doubt that will happen.

Machjo
Quote: Originally Posted by WLDB View Post

Thats my question. Perhaps putting some money on it would be a good idea but I doubt that will happen.

Eliminating the deficit was a political vote-getter cause it could be eliminated within an electoral mandate. Not so the debt. However, maybe a government could promise to reduce the debt by X dollars within a mandate? Or even promise to reduce the debt by X dollars assuming A, B, or C don't happen?
But certainly we can't stop at the deficit. We need to nibble away at the debt, however slowly, however modestly, but we cannot just stop at the deficit and satisfy ourselves with that.

Tecumsehsbones

Eliminating the deficit was a political vote-getter cause it could be eliminated within an electoral mandate.

Now, that just sounds dirty!

Machjo

Now, that just sounds dirty!

Huh?

captain morgan
No Party Affiliation

Business will really be booming with no incentives

Quote: Originally Posted by WLDB View Post

That logic is like actively seeking to become a heroin addict so something positive can result from detox and kicking the habit.

Machjo
Sorry, went over my head.

Tecumsehsbones
+1

Business will really be booming with no incentives

True. The sacred machinery of capitalism cannot succeed without bribes from the government.

Machjo
Capitalism is a pretty weak ideology if it can succeed only by having government spend more than it can tax.

captain morgan
No Party Affiliation

True. The sacred machinery of capitalism cannot succeed without bribes from the government.

That's easily solved... State sponsored heroin.

Take a page from these guys and onto the next step

Insite - Supervised Injection Site - Vancouver Coastal Health

Machjo
How does heroin benefit anyone?

Twila
I can't imagine anybody WANTS to work. I don't want to work.

I'd not work at all if I could afford it.

Cannuck
No Party Affiliation
+1

Forgive him. He's not the hardest ice cube in the tray. Too funny though...in one sentence, they don't want to work and the next sentence it's because Obama took the jobs. Perhaps he should make up his mind.

Tecumsehsbones

How does heroin benefit anyone?

Lots and lots and lots of cash!