November Fifth Is Bank Transfer Day

Locutus
November 5th is Bank Transfer Day, where everyone will take their money out of big banks and put them in credit unions and small local banks. Sure, this will mean they'll become the new big banks, but WE'LL SHOW THEM

Remember, remember, the fifth of November, because that's when "Bank Transfer Day" is happening. By that date, all participants will have closed their big retail bank accounts and put their money in a local non-profit credit union or local or regional community bank.
"If the 99% removes our funds from the major banking institutions to non-profit credit unions on or by this date," says the Facebook event page, "we will send a clear message to the 1% that conscious consumers won't support companies with unethical business practices."

November Fifth Is Bank Transfer Day - The Consumerist

TenPenny
As long as you don't have any investments or a pension plan, that's a great idea.

If you have a pension plan, you might want to think about cutting off your nose to spite your face.

Mowich
Already took care of this many decades ago.

IdRatherBeSkiing
Quote: Originally Posted by Mowich View Post

Already took care of this many decades ago.

Transfer it back before then. That will show them!

karrie
I own stock in my bank. Why the hell would I do that?

Retired_Can_Soldier
I have been with Credit Union for over a decade. They have always been descent with me and that is why they get business. My bank in town asked me why I don't hold a mortgage with them and I replied, "When I got out of the military in 1998 and moved to Ontario you guys suddenly started holding my cheques and treating me like a stranger. Even though I have banked with you for over 20 years. Credit Union treated me with respect. That's why you diodn't get my mortgage."

I just renewed my mortgage with them and will continue to do so.