Trump expected to nominate Judge Amy Coney Barrett to U.S. Supreme Court Saturday

Ocean Breeze
Free Thinker
+1
B00Mer

Right now they allow a full term child to be born, then decide if it should live or die..

WHERE does this happen?? That cannot fit into any legal requirements that abortion clinics need to comply with.

Mockingbird
Free Thinker
Quote: Originally Posted by B00Mer View Post

US Constitution

Well done. Would you be of the same opinion should she make a ruling that was not in Trump's favor?

Ocean Breeze
Free Thinker
+2 / -1
Quote: Originally Posted by Mockingbird View Post

You've been watching way too much Fox News Boomer, read the following:
https://www.politifact.com/factcheck...ing-democrats/
Liberals use abortion as birth control? While it can't be denied that there have been women who have abused the freedom to seek an abortion and that there needs to be stricter laws related to that, there is no way that you can claim that only Liberals would be guilty of that. That's simply nonsensical and you know it. Are you forgetting the Republican pro-lifer big wig politicians I posted about who have all supported abortion behind the scenes? Or are you just ignoring that part of the conversation because you hate being wrong? Just like you're wrong about the baseless claims that Biden is a pedophile. I'll dig up that post on the Republicans who behind their sanctimonious pro-life positions have had a hand in abortions, and repost it for ya.
And worth asking, who are you to dictate the reasons a woman should seek an abortion should she choose to do so? Has a condom ever broke during intercourse between teens? Have other birth control measures ever failed? Has a guy never promised to "pull out in time" all resulting in an unwanted pregnancy for both parties who are in no position to raise a child? Has a woman ever been in an abusive relationship where children born into that scenario could suffer great long term physical or sexual abuse? Should she be forced to bring a child into that world? Who are you to tell that woman that she must have that baby? You're not pro life Boomer, you're pro-birth. You don't look past birth and take into consideration the difficult, abusive life a child may have because you, Boomer, demanded they have it. You gong to be concerned about them then?
Thank my mother for choosing life? Is that supposed to fire me up? If so it failed.

Not sure men should be involved in the decision making for an abortion........unless they are the dad of the fetus. Exceptions being rapists.
It should NOT be a religious issue ........but it should fit certain perimeters of the law. eg: It should not be done at the term of gestation when the fetus is viable. Those that oppose the abortion rites ....... don't have to have one.
No one has the rite to IMPOSE / force their beliefs on anyone else. expressing an opinion is another matter.....if asked for .
Last edited by Ocean Breeze; 4 weeks ago at 11:52 PM..

Mockingbird
Free Thinker
Quote: Originally Posted by Ocean Breeze View Post

B00Mer
Right now they allow a full term child to be born, then decide if it should live or die..

WHERE does this happen?? That cannot fit into any legal requirements that abortion clinics need to comply with.

That's just Boomer trolling.

Ocean Breeze
Free Thinker
+2
'I will be mindful of who came before me': Amy Coney Barrett praises Ruth Bader Ginsburg as Trump names her as his Supreme Court nominee

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/whi...l_nbn_20200926

Mockingbird
Free Thinker
+3 / -1

Not sure men should be involved in the decision making for an abortion........unless they are the dad of the fetus. Exceptions being rapists.
It should NOT be a religious issue ........but it should fit certain perimeters of the law. eg: It should not be done at the term of gestation when the fetus is viable. Those that oppose the abortion rites ....... don't have to have one.
No one has the rite to IMPOSE / force their beliefs on anyone else.

Men shouldn't be involved in the decision making for an abortion, unless they are the father is one hundred percent on point. The reasons a woman may seek an abortion can be varied and no one on the outside has any business dictating what she should do with her life decisions. Yeah, if you don't want an abortion, don't get one. And religion has no place in this debate, period.

Mockingbird
Free Thinker

'I will be mindful of who came before me': Amy Coney Barrett praises Ruth Bader Ginsburg as Trump names her as his Supreme Court nominee
https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/whi...l_nbn_20200926

Oh that must have pissed Trump off.

Ocean Breeze
Free Thinker
+1 / -1

Men shouldn't be involved in the decision making for an abortion, unless they are the father is one hundred percent on point. The reasons a woman may seek an abortion can be varied and no one on the outside has any business dictating what she should do with her life decisions. Yeah, if you don't want an abortion, don't get one. And religion has no place in this debate, period.

that is a double thumbs up

Cliffy
Free Thinker
+2 / -1

I see why BOOMer likes this woman... subservient to men.

Last edited by Cliffy; 4 weeks ago at 03:25 AM..

Mockingbird
Free Thinker
+1 / -1
Quote: Originally Posted by Cliffy View Post

I see why BOOMer likes this woman... subservient to men.

Now it makes sense, full on Handmaid's Tale.

DaSleeper
+1

Don't tell me you're a Fakebook nutbar too
or was that tongue-in-cheek?

pgs
Free Thinker
+1

No one has the rite to IMPOSE / force their beliefs on anyone else. expressing an opinion is another matter.....if asked for .

But why should my tax dollar support your abortion ? Pay your own freight and I will shut up , if I have to pay shouldn’t I have a say ?

What are the abortion laws in Canada ?

pgs
Free Thinker
+2

Oh that must have pissed Trump off.

If you had watched her introduction you would have seen President Trump shower Justice Ginsburg with praise .

Twin_Moose
Conservative
+1

B00Mer

These 8 States Allow Abortion Up To The Moment Of Birth

Virginia late-term abortion bill labelled 'infanticide'

Quote:

What did Democrats say?
Virginia's Democratic Governor Ralph Northam defended the bill in an interview to radio station WTOP.

The paediatric neurologist said the measure allowed termination "in cases where there may be severe deformities" or when there is a "foetus that's not viable" outside the womb.

"So in this particular example, if a mother's in labour, I can tell you exactly what would happen," he told WTOP's Ask the Governor programme Wednesday.

"The infant would be delivered, the infant would be kept comfortable, the infant would be resuscitated if that's what the mother and the family desired. And then a discussion would ensue between the physicians and the mother."

Twin_Moose
Conservative
+1

They are accusing her of being part of the group with no proof, typical attack tactic of the Left

Twin_Moose
Conservative
+1
Let the smear campaign continue gotta get Trump out of the Whitehouse and overturn the 2016 election and get the USA back into the Global economy game.

Trump taps 'eminently qualified' Barrett for Supreme Court

Quote:

While Democrats appear powerless to stop Barrett’s confirmation in the GOP-controlled Senate, they are seeking to use the process to weaken Trump’s reelection chances.

Barrett's nomination could become a reckoning over abortion, an issue that has divided many Americans so bitterly for almost half a century. The idea of overturning or gutting Roe v. Wade, the landmark 1973 decision that legalized abortion, has animated activists in both parties for decades. Now, with the seemingly decisive shift in the court’s ideological makeup, Democrats hope their voters will turn out in droves because of their frustration with the Barrett pick.

“Justice Ginsburg must be turning over in her grave up in heaven, to see that the person they chose seems to be intent on undoing all the things that Ginsburg did,” Schumer said.

Trump has also increasingly embraced the high court — on which he will have had an outsize hand in reshaping -– as an insurance policy in a close election.

“We don’t have to do it before, but I think this will be done before the election," Trump told reporters Saturday. “I think it’ll send a great signal to a lot of people.”

Increases in mail, absentee and early voting brought about by the coronavirus pandemic have already led to a flurry of election litigation, and both Trump and Biden have assembled armies of lawyers to continue the fight once vote-counting begins. Trump has been open about tying his push to name a third justice to the court to a potentially drawn-out court fight to determine who will be sworn in on Jan. 20, 2021.

“I think this will end up in the Supreme Court,” Trump said Wednesday of the election. “And I think it’s very important that we have nine justices.”

No Democratic senators are expected to vote to confirm Barrett before the election, even though some did support her in 2017.....More

petros
+2
Oh oh. A Catholic.

Just like Jesuit Joe.

“I’m as much a cultural Catholic as I am a theological Catholic,” Biden wrote in his book Promises to Keep: On Life in Politics. “My idea of self, of family, of community, of the wider world comes straight from my religion. It’s not so much the Bible, the beatitudes, the Ten Commandments, the sacraments, or the prayers I learned. It’s the culture.”

Cliffy
Free Thinker
+1 / -1
Amy Coney Barrett has said that a woman should not be able to own property buy or sell without the permission of her husband or a male relative.

Sounds like sharia law, no?

Walter
+1

Amy Coney Barrett has said that a woman should not be able to own property buy or sell without the permission of her husband or a male relative.

Total bullshit.

Hoid
+1

She is Trumptastic.

Cliffy
Free Thinker
If a woman believes she is subservient to men, how can she possibly be considered for a role as an independent voice as a judge?

Mockingbird
Free Thinker
Quote: Originally Posted by DaSleeper View Post

Don't tell me you're a Fakebook nutbar too
or was that tongue-in-cheek?

Facebook nutbar? What does that even mean?

And yes, I was being facetious in relation to the photo I responded to. I would however view her religion as a cult, as I do all religions.

Mockingbird
Free Thinker
Quote: Originally Posted by pgs View Post

If you had watched her introduction you would have seen President Trump shower Justice Ginsburg with praise .

It's called optics sweetie.

Mockingbird
Free Thinker
Double post.

Mockingbird
Free Thinker
Quote: Originally Posted by Twin_Moose View Post

They are accusing her of being part of the group with no proof, typical attack tactic of the Left

Multiple articles online state that she is a member of the religious group, People of Praise. Is that proof? Perhaps not but multiple articles suggest her membership. And considering the attack conspiracies that come from the far right it is obvious that both sides are guilty.

B00Mer
Republican
+3
IT'S A TRAP!!!

Democrats can't resist bashing her, and it's going to cost them votes..

The Dogma of Liberalism runs deep at CNN/MSNBC and the Democrat Party

B00Mer
Republican
+1

If a woman believes she is subservient to men, how can she possibly be considered for a role as an independent voice as a judge?

You are subservient to the government each month.

Serryah
Free Thinker
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by Twin_Moose View Post

These 8 States Allow Abortion Up To The Moment Of Birth

Virginia late-term abortion bill labelled 'infanticide'

Only a sadist would be okay with keeping an infant alive outside the womb to suffer.

B00Mer
Republican
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by Serryah View Post

Only a sadist would be okay with keeping an infant alive outside the womb to suffer.

Murderer!!

pgs
Free Thinker
+1

Facebook nutbar? What does that even mean?

And yes, I was being facetious in relation to the photo I responded to. I would however view her religion as a cult, as I do all religions.

So are you suggesting that only agnostics should be qualified for positions on the bench ? That leaves out an awful lot of minority communities from participation .