Canadian and her boyfriend missing in Belize

B00Mer
+1
Canadian and her boyfriend missing in Belize

A Canadian woman and her American boyfriend have gone missing in Belize, according to friends.

Fifty-two-year-old Francesca Matus of Ontario, was last seen driving home from a local bar with her American boyfriend, Thomas Drew De Voursney, 36, on Tuesday evening, her friends say.

Nancy Rifenbark, a U.S. citizen living in Corozal, told CTVNews.ca that she had dinner and drinks with Matus and De Voursney at Scotty's Bar in Corozal, Belize, on Tuesday night.

Rifenbark said that, at approximately 11 p.m. local time, the couple left for home in Matus’ white Isuzu Rodeo SUV. At approximately 8:30 a.m. the next morning, Rifenbark said her friend Joe Milhoen went to give Matus a drive to the airport in Belize City, where she was to catch a flight to Canada.

Rifenbark said that, when Milhoen arrived at Matus’ Corozal home, the gate was locked and her SUV wasn’t there. She said De Voursney’s motorcycle was the only vehicle parked at the home. Milhoen also spotted one of Matus’ suitcases through the glass of the front door.

Rifenbark said Milhoen tried calling the couple’s cellphones, checked with friends to see if anyone had heard from them, and even visited the local police station and hospital. Rifenbark said another friend called the airline and was told that Matus had not checked in for her flight.

In an emailed statement, Global Affairs Canada confirmed to CTV News that they’re aware of reports that a Canadian citizen is missing in Belize, and consular officials were in contact with local authorities.

Rifenbark said a helicopter and ground search of the area was conducted on Thursday, and that another local search party was organized for Friday.

According to the local reports in Belize, Matus was last seen wearing white, denim short pants, a white long-sleeve blouse and brown wedges. She’s described as 5’1” tall, with shoulder brown hair and a slim build. De Voursney was last seen wearing a blue and white Toronto Maple Leafs shirt, camouflage pants and brown boots. He’s described as having a chain tattooed on his right arm and is 6’6” tall.

Anyone with information is being urged to contact police.

source

B00Mer
Update: Missing Canadian woman’s car found abandoned in Belize

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100002278886847

Hope this couple are found safe..

bill barilko
Quote: Originally Posted by B00Mer View Post

Hope this couple are found safe..

They're dead and there's drugs involved-you read it here first.

MHz
About now that northern lights tour would be sounding quite good. As it is it doesn't look good for a safe return.

EagleSmack
No wonder tourists come to the US

MHz
It is when you leave home that you guys become dangerous.

captain morgan
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by EagleSmack View Post

No wonder tourists come to the US

i hear Detroit is wonderful this time of year

B00Mer
Quote: Originally Posted by MHz View Post

It is when you leave home that you guys become dangerous.

Typical America beating his chest; "look how great America is.." blah, blah, blah.

Trump travel ban begins to deter foreign tourists from U.S.

Tourist Is Killed in Florida Despite Taking Precautions

EagleSmack
I was in New York City this weekend... there were more foreign tourists in Times Square Saturday night than there were foreign tourists in all of Canada!

B00Mer
Quote: Originally Posted by EagleSmack View Post

I was in New York City this weekend... there were more foreign tourists in Times Square Saturday night than there were foreign tourists in all of Canada!

LOL Now EagleCrack is claiming Illegals are Tourists.. LOL

Tourist Slain In a Subway In Manhattan

EagleSmack
Da faq?

Wow... Trump has really rattled your brain!

MAGA!

B00Mer
Quote: Originally Posted by bill barilko View Post

They're dead and there's drugs involved-you read it here first.

May have nothing to do with the drug trade either.. a missionary was killed over Christmas.

Brian Townsend, missionary missing in Belize, confirmed dead - Edmonton - CBC News

bill barilko

May have nothing to do with the drug trade either.. a missionary was killed over Christmas.

Brian Townsend, missionary missing in Belize, confirmed dead - Edmonton - CBC News

More than one 'missionary' has been involved in the drug trade.

I think after leaving the bar they decided to score some Coke to celebrate her last night in the country and then things went wrong.

Curious Cdn
Quote: Originally Posted by captain morgan View Post

Rochester's pretty hot, too.

B00Mer

More than one 'missionary' has been involved in the drug trade.

I think after leaving the bar they decided to score some Coke to celebrate her last night in the country and then things went wrong.

Not much info on the boyfriend, Thomas Drew De Voursney.

She's an open book.. he's not.

Matus’ LinkedIn page says she is a real estate investor and property manager from the Toronto area. Friends say she has homes in both Canada and Belize.

7 News Belize

spaminator
Missing Canadian woman and American boyfriend found dead in Belize | Canada | Ne

B00Mer
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by spaminator View Post

Missing Canadian woman and American boyfriend found dead in Belize | Canada | Ne

WOW!! WTF?? Very sad outcome. R.I.P.

I hope they find the person or persons responsible, and why.

Robbery, Real Estate deal gone bad.. what?

bill barilko

WOW!! WTF?? Very sad outcome. R.I.P.

I hope they find the person or persons responsible, and why.

Robbery, Real Estate deal gone bad.. what?

Drugs I told you it's always drugs.

B00Mer
+1

Drugs I told you it's always drugs.

Defaming ones character after the person is dead is kinda crappy.

I'll wait for the police and news to shed light on the truth.

Devoursney Did 2 Tours of Service in Iraq

Rumours he was DEA.

Devoursney first served in Fallujah with the 1st Marines in 2004 and went back for a second tour with the 11th Marines in 2007. Following that, Devoursney spent time as a contractor in Afghanistan.

So you know the US Gov't will get involved.

https://www.gofundme.com/find-drew

Nick Danger
I wonder what it must be like for "locals" in Latin America. It has often been said that these countries have no middle class, if you're not rich then you're scratching a living from the dirt so to speak. Watching an endless parade of affluent tourists must lead to a lot of frustration for people simply trying to survive, and that would logically lead to the less-than-scrupulous seeking to grab a slice for themselves.

bill barilko
Quote: Originally Posted by Nick Danger View Post

I wonder what it must be like for "locals" in Latin America. It has often been said that these countries have no middle class, if you're not rich then you're scratching a living from the dirt so to speak. Watching an endless parade of affluent tourists must lead to a lot of frustration for people simply trying to survive, and that would logically lead to the less-than-scrupulous seeking to grab a slice for themselves.

I've lived in both Mexico and Central America and Yes that's what it's like for average people-Mexico has the closest to what Canadians would call a Middle Class.

B00Mer
All over the internet Victim blaming..

NationalPost, Facebook.. they were rich in a Central American country.. it's their fault.

They had lots of cash on them and it's a robbery gone wrong, that is what the police are saying...

‘They had a lot of money’: Canadian and her U.S. boyfriend ambushed in robbery turned double-murder

and here is another murder robbery in Belize..

Vancouver woman murdered in Belize robbery | Globalnews.ca

There is a long list of them.. Belize has become a shit hole.

Dangers in Paradise: What Belize tourists aren't being told

petros
Never ever try to buy dope when on holiday.

B00Mer
Quote: Originally Posted by petros View Post

Never ever try to buy dope when on holiday.

Speaking from experience Petros? LOL

petros

Speaking from experience Petros? LOL

Observation of others who were stupid enough to try.

B00Mer
I'm betting corrupt cops on the take... who else would you let your guard down to in a 3rd world shit hole.

petros
Call me racist but I've travelled enough to know to only go and do what and where other white people do and go. Venture beyond and you are bound to get screwed over or hurt.

B00Mer

Call me racist but I've travelled enough to know to only go and do what and where other white people do and go. Venture beyond and you are bound to get screwed over or hurt.

No, you're not a racist and yes you're right to a point... however in Mexico, Belize and other Central American countries because the governments are cracking down more on the drug trade, kidnap, ransom and robbery are replacing the economic void drugs supplied.

The military and law enforcement are as crooked as the drug dealers.. and if you snitch, or go against the Cartels and kidnappers.. you're killed.

Mexico drug war: 9 bodies hanged from bridge and 14 decapitated heads found | Daily Mail Online

Tecumsehsbones

I'd recommend that, and not call you a racist.

Little different for me, of course.

MHz
Quote: Originally Posted by captain morgan View Post

Anyplace where you don't lose your head is a wonderful place.