COVIDD-19 'Pandemic'

Girth
+2
In spite of all the measures Canada has taken to deal with COVID, cases have been on the increase in Ontario for the past week, and haven't really gone down that much in Quebec. Together, they account for over 90% of the active COVID cases in Canada. In other areas, it has been all but eliminated in the Maritimes, Manitoba, and the Territories. Saskatchewan and BC only ahve a few cases, while the bug outbreaks at the meat packing plants in Alberta a month ago, have been contained, and most people have recovered.

Girth
+1 / -1
Quote: Originally Posted by Walter View Post

Ivermectin Shows 'Astounding' Results Against Coronavirus
https://www.newsmax.com/us/ivermecti.../22/id/968688/
Dems ain't gonna like this.

Why choose websites that have the credibility of The Onion?

petros
+1 / -1
Wally likes click bait.

Avro52
+2
But of course....

Pastor Who Claimed To Cure Coronavirus With Faith Dies Of Coronavirus

JLM
+1 / -1
Quote: Originally Posted by Walter View Post

Ivermectin Shows 'Astounding' Results Against Coronavirus
https://www.newsmax.com/us/ivermecti.../22/id/968688/

Dems ain't gonna like this.

"Astounding" to me means we are going to see cases in the U.S. start to plummet right away, Walter! Let's see a date on which this is going to start to happen. Until that happens I'll regard the post as utter bull shit.

JLM
Quote: Originally Posted by Avro52 View Post

Uh....did you take all the pills in the Friday container....you should check, quickly.

Just stick to the subject!

IdRatherBeSkiing
+2
Quote: Originally Posted by Girth View Post

In spite of all the measures Canada has taken to deal with COVID, cases have been on the increase in Ontario for the past week, and haven't really gone down that much in Quebec. Together, they account for over 90% of the active COVID cases in Canada. In other areas, it has been all but eliminated in the Maritimes, Manitoba, and the Territories. Saskatchewan and BC only ahve a few cases, while the bug outbreaks at the meat packing plants in Alberta a month ago, have been contained, and most people have recovered.

Ontario and Quebec are fairly dense in population. Plus, from what I can see in Toronto, people are starting to ignore orders to not socialize. Have for weeks. But they should be able to handle the load now.

Girth
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by IdRatherBeSkiing View Post

Ontario and Quebec are fairly dense in population.

So is Lower Mainland BC, but on the West Coast, they have kept the virus in check.

Girth
Well we know why Quebec is responsible for over 55% of the COVID cases ( and nearly 85% of active cases). Quebecers are stupid:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world...641_story.html
Last edited by Girth; 2 weeks ago at 08:40 AM..

petros
+3
Sask and MB are blessed with high UV and lots of it. Other places maybe sunny but we've got crazy UV.

JLM

Well we know why Quebec is responsible for over 55% of the COVID cases ( and nearly 85% of active cases). Quebecers are stupid:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world...641_story.html

Either that or gregarious or both!

Avro52
Quote: Originally Posted by petros View Post

Sask and MB are blessed with high UV and lots of it. Other places maybe sunny but we've got crazy UV.

I thought the sun turned off.

Hoid
The covid virus has put the Canadian government into a corner where their previous corporate welfare programs are going to hae to be re-examined.

Particularly ship-building.

The fighter replacement is obviously shit-canned but the ship-building werlfare programs that have to be stopped as well.

There is no way they can still afford those bailouts with every other bailout they are now on the hook for.

Hoid
+1
The covid crisis in Canada is quickly resolvingitself into a Quebec/Ontario issue.

BC had 18 new cases yesterday. Ontario had over 400. No idea how many Quebec had as their data is obfiscated. You would have to guess more than Ontario.

Hoid
Hertz Files For Bankruptcy, Raises Fears It May Flood Market With Hundreds Of Thousands Of Used Cars

https://www.carscoops.com/2020/05/he...vehicle-fleet/

570K cars for sale. I know they rent the Model S for $500 a day plus

Girth
British Columbian locals greet people driving vehicles with Alberta license plates, by slashing their tires, keying their cars, and leaving notes telling them to "go home."

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/calga...owns-1.5580513

Blackleaf
+1
Ridiculously masked special needs left-wing reporters gather together in a room to complain about Trump reopening churches - because it involves people gathering together in a room:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=4_sO8n5xrsU

Blackleaf

British Columbian locals greet people driving vehicles with Alberta license plates, by slashing their tires, keying their cars, and leaving notes telling them to "go home."
https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/calga...owns-1.5580513

Do the locals own the area they live in?

I hope they get done for criminal damage.

JLM
+2
Quote: Originally Posted by Blackleaf View Post

Do the locals own the area they live in?

I hope they get done for criminal damage.

Yep, I have to admit we in British Columbia have more than our fair share of Assholes! Best just to mind one's own business, especially when you don't understand the situation.

Blackleaf
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by JLM View Post

Yep, I have to admit we in British Columbia have more than our fair share of Assholes! Best just to mind one's own business, especially when you don't understand the situation.

A certain section of society is loving the lockdown: those members of the public who enjoy telling others what to do and not to do, even though they don't have the right and the authority, are having a field day right now.

IdRatherBeSkiing

Yep, I have to admit we in British Columbia have more than our fair share of Assholes!

Probably has to do with the "British" in your name.

JLM
+2 / -1

A certain section of society is loving the lockdown: those members of the public who enjoy telling others what to do and not to do, even though they don't have the right and the authority, are having a field day right now.

Common sense is the key. Most of us with some common sense realize there are experts in every field who know more than we do & unless you are an expert yourself you follow their advice. Most of us understand the rationale behind suffering a little short term pain for gain over the long haul. Smart people make the lockdown work for them while finding other ways to find enjoyment.

Blackleaf
+1

Common sense is the key. Most of us with some common sense realize there are experts in every field who know more than we do & unless you are an expert yourself you follow their advice. Most of us understand the rationale behind suffering a little short term pain for gain over the long haul. Smart people make the lockdown work for them while finding other ways to find enjoyment.

I don't think the Government should be following the advice of any "expert" they decide to follow.

Not only does it lead to disastrous consequences - like the Government imposing a draconian lockdown based on an outdated computer program of a man who predicted 500,000 coronavirus deaths in Britain (there have only been 341,000 so far... in the world) - but it's also profoundly undemocratic: the Government should be running the country, not unelected scientists.

As for "smart people": in Britain, the smart people are the 29% who have been ignoring the lockdown.

JLM

I don't think the Government should be following the advice of any "expert" they decide to follow.

Not only does it lead to disastrous consequences - like the Government imposing a draconian lockdown based on an outdated computer program of a man who predicted 500,000 coronavirus deaths in Britain (there have only been 341,000 so far... in the world) - but it's also profoundly undemocratic: the Government should be running the country, not unelected scientists.

As for "smart people": in Britain, the smart people are the 29% who have been ignoring the lockdown.

I think you are talking a lot of garbage. While Governments hire experts in various fields, I doubt if the administrative section of the Gov't. is an expert in anything (drama lessons aside). Trump certainly shouldn't be prescribing medicine. Did I not advise you before to listen more and speak less? Take the advise or look like an idiot.

Cliffy

Mockingbird
+1 / -1
Hypocrisy, thy name is Donald J. Trump.

Golfing As The U.S. Mourns 100,000 Dead? Trump’s Ugly Memorial Day Message:

https://www.forbes.com/sites/sethcoh.../#15fef9a97062

Yet he tweeted this concerning Obama during the Ebola outbreak which saw 11 people infected and 2 deaths:

For the record, there are over 1.6 million confirmed cases of coronavirus in the US and over 97,000 dead.

MAGA!

Hoid
New covid cases:

Quebec - 600+
Ontario 400+
BC 10

the "reopening" of Ontario and Quebec is what happens when the political leadership cannot stand up to public pressure.

Quebec and Ontario are going to kill every person in long term care so that teenagers will vote for them

JLM
Quote: Originally Posted by Hoid View Post

New covid cases:

Quebec - 600+
Ontario 400+
BC 10

the "reopening" of Ontario and Quebec is what happens when the political leadership cannot stand up to public pressure.

Quebec and Ontario are going to kill every person in long term care so that teenagers will vote for them

I think your imagination is running overtime!

Blackleaf
+2

President Trump DID NOT suggest anyone drink or inject bleach into themselves as a cure for #covid19 and here’s the proof....

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=5BwuWBBE8Aw

Cliffy
+2