Trump :war president maga !~

NZDoug
My CDN annual guest thru end of January to mid Mar. who spends 2 weeks in L.A. before and after NZ, is a computer "Mr. Geek" and that's his business in Canada, tells me you are 20 years behind in cellphone use in Canada, unfortunately.
I remember going to a friends funeral in Canada and I couldn't find anyone with a computer.
I remember Photoshop .2.2.1 and Mac only.
Quark Express.....
zzzzzzzz.
Get with it or prepare for "Future Shock".

taxslave
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by Jinentonix View Post

You f*cking idiots and your portable electronic crack devices. 250,000 years of modern human evolution and suddenly 75% of the world can't do shit without a stupid f*cking phone in tow because the 1%ers everyone likes to bitch about TOLD THEM they need this crap.
Your loss of privacy is now almost total with 5G technology. If you thought 4G was bad for tracing/tracking, with 5G it doesn't matter if you shut off all your apps that have location trackers on them. The phones themselves are location trackers. The ONLY way to shut off the tracking is to keep your phone off at all times. And if you do that, then there's not really much need to carry the stupid things with you everywhere you go.
Next week in my 'Useless Technology' series: Why microwaves are a fairly useless piece of technology for the home, outside of re-heating leftovers.

Many of us are pretty much forced to have cell phones for work. We do equipment and truck pretrips and our time on personal cells. I recently told our business agent that if this keeps up owning a cell phone becomes a condition of employment then we either must be paid for having one or it has to be a tax deduction.

Twin_Moose
To add to the confusion leave your cellphones in the work trucks, but in the ERP phone 911 in case of emergency.

taxslave
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by Twin_Moose View Post

To add to the confusion leave your cellphones in the work trucks, but in the ERP phone 911 in case of emergency.

Except that my cell is my sole means of communication in camp.

Tecumsehsbones
Quote: Originally Posted by taxslave View Post

Except that my cell is my sole means of communication in camp.

Semaphore? Morse Code lamp? Smoke signals? Ham radio?

Don't make excuses.

taxslave
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by Tecumsehsbones View Post

Semaphore? Morse Code lamp? Smoke signals? Ham radio?
Don't make excuses.

This is the wet coast. Just try and get a fire started. All your other toys require the receiver to have the same toy. Or line of site and someone old enough to read them.

Hoid
It's iteresting that 7 straight Presidents took some part in a 3 year war (World War Two) while a total of 0 took part in Viet Nam which lasted about 10 years.

In World War Two people like Kennedy used their influence to get into the war, while people used their influence to get out of Viet Nam.

Blackleaf
Quote: Originally Posted by NZDoug View Post

EVEN More DEAD than Vietnam - 20,000 MORE bodies than the 58,000 from the Vietnam War and counting!
Moronovirus 3 month so far.
Vietnam War 20 years. 1955to 1975.
TRUMP INFECTIONS

U.S. Vietnam War deaths
Casualties
* 58,318 KIA or non-combat deaths (including the missing and deaths in captivity)[68]
* 153,303 WIA (excluding 150,332 persons not requiring hospital care)[69]
* 1,587 MIA (originally 2,646)[70]
* 766778 POW (652662 freed/escaped*,[71][72] 114116 died in captivity)[71][73]
Note: *One escapee died of wounds sustained during his rescue 15 days later.[74]
The total number of American personnel who were KIA or died non-hostile deaths, were enlisted personnel with a casualty number of 50,441. The total number of officer casualties,commissioned and warrant, are 7,877.
More
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vietnam_War_casualties
☮️����

Oh dear. Not taking into account population size again, are you?

Blackleaf
+2
Quote: Originally Posted by Hoid View Post

It's iteresting that 7 straight Presidents took some part in a 3 year war (World War Two) while a total of 0 took part in Viet Nam which lasted about 10 years.
In World War Two people like Kennedy used their influence to get into the war, while people used their influence to get out of Viet Nam.

World War II lasted six years.

I'm not surprised you didn't know that.
Last edited by Blackleaf; 4 days ago at 12:56 PM..

Blackleaf
+3
Quote: Originally Posted by NZDoug View Post

EVEN More DEAD than Vietnam - 20,000 MORE bodies than the 58,000 from the Vietnam War and counting!
Moronovirus 3 month so far.
Vietnam War 20 years. 1955to 1975.

The US only joined the war in 1965.

It doesn't surprise me one bit that you didn't know this and failed to do your research.

Jinentonix
+2

And people like Nixon who had a built-in religious excuse not to fight in the war (he was a Quaker), still went and fought in WW2, while people like Clinton literally weaseled their way out of Viet Nam.

Jinentonix
Quote: Originally Posted by Blackleaf View Post

The US only joined the war in 1965.

It doesn't surprise me one bit that you didn't know this and failed to do your research.

BZZZZ! Wrong. The 1st US troops into Nam were in 1959 at the latest.

Jinentonix
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by Blackleaf View Post

World War II lasted six years.

I'm not surprised you didn't know that.

You're both wrong. From a US perspective their war was a little over 4 1/2 years long. Dec.1941- Aug.1945.

Girth
+2

You're both wrong. From a US perspective their war was a little over 4 1/2 years long. Dec.1941- Aug.1945.

3 1/2 years.

Jinentonix
+2
Quote: Originally Posted by Girth View Post

3 1/2 years.

Yeah ooops, I gotta quit doing math at 2AM.

Tecumsehsbones

As are you. It lasted 7 years. 1938-1945.

Jinentonix
+2

As are you. It lasted 7 years. 1938-1945.

Are you talking about official US involvement in the hostilities or the actual start of WW2?

Tecumsehsbones

Are you talking about official US involvement in the hostilities or the actual start of WW2?

I'm talking about World War II.

What the heck is "official involvement?" The Congressional declaration of war?

If so, in what way was Lend-Lease not "official?" Just one example.

Twin_Moose

I think one should include the war profiteering years pre-declaration of war, the question is should one also include the post war profiteering of the USA?

petros

Which were the gay Prseidents?

petros
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by Twin_Moose View Post

I think one should include the war profiteering years pre-declaration of war, the question is should one also include the post war profiteering of the USA?

Cutting Japan off oil to impede aggression didnt work too well for Roosevelt.

Tecumsehsbones
Quote: Originally Posted by petros View Post

Which were the gay Prseidents?

Well, all the wig-wearers. Probably Cleveland. Definitely Teddy Roosevelt (I mean, c'mon, have you ever seen such a blatant case of overcompensation?). All the Democrats (except Clinton, of course).

No, wait, Clinton too. Nothing in the minds of Real Americans sees any incompatibility between homosexuality and serial sexual predation of women.

Girth

Technically, World War II started in September 1939, with the German invasion of Poland. It ended with the surrender of Japan in August 1945.

The World was not at war in 1938.

Tecumsehsbones
Quote: Originally Posted by Girth View Post

Technically, World War II started in September 1939, with the German invasion of Poland. It ended with the surrender of Japan in August 1945.
The World was not at war in 1938.

The world was not at war in 1944, if that's your standard.

Switzerland wasn't at war. Ireland wasn't at war. Most of Central and South America wasn't at war.

And 1939-1941, the U.S. wasn't at war. Can't have a war without us.

Jinentonix

How do ya figure the US was involved since 1938?

Tecumsehsbones

How do ya figure Lend/Lease began in 1938?

I don't, but thanks for playing.

petros
+1

Well, all the wig-wearers. Probably Cleveland. Definitely Teddy Roosevelt (I mean, c'mon, have you ever seen such a blatant case of overcompensation?). All the Democrats (except Clinton, of course).
No, wait, Clinton too. Nothing in the minds of Real Americans sees any incompatibility between homosexuality and serial sexual predation of women.

I kinda wonder about Teddy and his pack of merry mercenaries. Explains Rough Rider condoms and only getting CFL for team names.

petros
+1

The world was not at war in 1944, if that's your standard.
Switzerland wasn't at war. Ireland wasn't at war. Most of Central and South America wasn't at war.
And 1939-1941, the U.S. wasn't at war. Can't have a war without us.

FDR wanted in from the start but opted for passive aggressive economic and trade measures against Japan and Germany that ultimately backfired.

BTW I know you know this but there is the off chance someone will learn it.

Tecumsehsbones
Quote: Originally Posted by petros View Post

FDR wanted in from the start but opted for passive aggressive economic and trade measures against Japan and Germany that ultimately backfired.
BTW I know you know this but there is the off chance someone will learn it.

Ah, so if the President wants a war, you're "officially" at war.

Well, that's a standard.

I guess.

By any sane historical standard, the war started in 1938 when Japan invaded China.

Also by any sane historical standard, it was the Third World War, not the Second. The so-called Napoleonic Wars were fought on every continent except Antarctica and in all the seas of the planet. That was World War I.

petros
+1
Are you microdosing and seeing things that arent there? Try putting a hand over one eye.

I said FDR wanted to go to war but went with what the people wanted, to sanction the Nazis, Japs and supply the Allies. After the depression and dustbowl, having a job was more important than war to everyone.

Cutting Japan off of US oil after what the Japs did in Nanking was what officially dragged the US into the fray in a noncombat role.
Last edited by petros; 1 day ago at 07:59 PM..