Wind Turbine Blades Can’t Be Recycled, So They’re Piling Up in Landfills

bill barilko
+1
Bind them together and sink them offshore (deep or shallow depending) to make habitat for fish-a simple crosshatch pattern would work well.

Similar has been done in the southern USA where old cement utility poles are dumped from barges primitive but effective- another initiative called 'Rigs to Reefs' repurposes old drilling platforms.

spilledthebeer
Quote: Originally Posted by taxslave View Post

When market choice is distorted by politicians with an agenda it is no longer about capitalism. Just follow the groupthink and you will be fine komrade.

TRUE DAT!

Nut Zone Doug and hemerHOID and others of their ilk have dedicated their lives to supporting

the LIE-beral Gravy Train!

Wynne-bag Ontari-owe LIE-berals gave us THE BIG CLUE as to how deceitful their mouldy green energy was!

When they were caugth off balance by the number of applicants for their gross green deals!

LIE-berals found themselves STABBING their own people in the back - first reducing the rates paid for wind and solar!

And then SIMPLY REFUSING to hook up any more wind and solar arrays that were in private hands!

Thus SCREWING some people who had bought and installed solar systems they then COULD NOT PROFIT FROM!

If its LIE-beral - then it contains some sort of LIE! Every time!

NZDoug
Quote: Originally Posted by taxslave View Post

That is expensive power. In winter ours is about half that. It would be less if we had natural gas.

Your no a kiddin', mate.
My buddies in Ontariario were paying 6 cents per KwH, here its 30.5.cents.
But you use 5 times as much to keep warm.
Tit for tat.

petros
+1
Giant tipi poles.

NZDoug
My neighbours could rebuild them and make them work.
Sounds dodgy to me.
Fossil fuels are destroying the planet.

taxslave
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by NZDoug View Post

Sounds dodgy to me.

They can't be rebuilt. At least not cost effective. Possibly if you could burn all the carbon fibre out the aluminum could be recycled.. The ones they put up. Few years ago on Northern Vancouver Island had to be replaced after just a few years because the salt air was causing corrosion problems.

spilledthebeer
Quote: Originally Posted by bill barilko View Post

Bind them together and sink them offshore (deep or shallow depending) to make habitat for fish-a simple crosshatch pattern would work well.

Similar has been done in the southern USA where old cement utility poles are dumped from barges primitive but effective- another initiative called 'Rigs to Reefs' repurposes old drilling platforms.

And.....WHAT WOULD BE the carbon foot print of transporting those huge blades from CENTRAL NORTH AMERICA

over to a coast that is AT LEAST A THOUSAND MILES AWAY - check out how far it is from Toronto to the Atlantic!

Minnesota is even farther away and closer to the centre of the continent!

And then the stupid things have to be loaded onto a BIG SHIP and hauled well out to sea to water deep enough to swallow them!

Oh - and one other LITTLE DIFFICULTY - there is good reason - based on the available evidence - to ASSUME that the blades

are filed with either wood or foam -styrofoam or urethane! Thus there is a GOOD CHANCE THEY MIGHT FLOAT!

Just what we need - a few thousand half sunk deadhead wind blades bobbing around out there!

Or do you want to build up the carbon foot print of this mouldy green FAKE INDUSTRY EVEN FURTHER and chain those blades

to a bunch of concrete block to ENSURE they sink!

Blackleaf
+1

Sounds dodgy to me.

Windmills aren't that good for the environment, either.

They're not very friendly to birds, for a start.

Nuclear power stations are greener than wind turbines.

spilledthebeer

Your no a kiddin', mate.
My buddies in Ontariario were paying 6 cents per KwH, here its 30.5.cents.
But you use 5 times as much to keep warm.
Tit for tat.

POOR NUT ZONE DOUG!

He does not know we have a SECRET WEAPON here in Ontari-owe!

Known as INSULATION!

I am warm and cozy here with just a little fire smoldering on a cool night - uing wood i collected FOR FREE from a neigthbour

who had a Pine tree fall - so he had to cut it up and move it to the curb - free for the taking!

But I am not surprised by the number and range of facts and options that ELUDE Nut Zone Doug!

He is only aware of the things his Beijing Butcher masters TELL HIM!

Avro52
Ontario court quashes government cancellation of eastern Ontario wind farm.

Geez, now all those folks will get windmill cancer.

spilledthebeer
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by Avro52 View Post

Ontario court quashes government cancellation of eastern Ontario wind farm.

Geez, now all those folks will get windmill cancer.

Doug Ford GOT ELECTED in part on a PROMISE to dismantle the catastrophic LIE-beral green energy RIP OFF!

That cancelled eastern Ontari-owe "wind farm" was nothing more that lines on an architects drawing!

Yet the biz idiot owners wanted to be "compensated" for lost future income from a project they had not even built!

There is no HOG quite so greedy as a LIE-beral minded HOG!