Statistics on the Trump Plague

taxslave
+2
Quote: Originally Posted by pgs View Post

Yes and distribution , and supporting industry , transportation and fuel and supporting industry . Financial markets and banks . I see furniture stores are now opening on a limited basis out here . The only real shut downs are in service industries tourism and government .

Government employees not working is not necessarily a bad thing. The important ones are all at work. Mail is getting through. Hospital open and not overflowing as predicted. Government cheques getting out. Makes one wonder just what all those other bureaucraps are needed for.

Tecumsehsbones
Quote: Originally Posted by taxslave View Post

Government employees not working is not necessarily a bad thing. The important ones are all at work. Mail is getting through. Hospital open and not overflowing as predicted. Government cheques getting out. Makes one wonder just what all those other bureaucraps are needed for.

Robert A. Heinlein wrote a novella called "Coventry" that describes your desideratum. A large area in the United States surrounded by an impenetrable force wall. If you were convicted of a crime, you could choose to receive therapy (which was 100% effective, it's science fiction), or if you were a ruff, tuff Real Man, you could go to Coventry. No law, no government, no cops, no bureaucrats. Nothing but you and your freedumb.

Well, your freedumb and the young man with a high testosterone count and low I.Q. whose slave you'd be.

Funny part is, Heinlein is considered by many to be a wack-job libertarian.

B00Mer
Quote: Originally Posted by Tecumsehsbones View Post

50,243 deaths from Covid-19 in the U.S.
Woo-hoo! By Gawd, we done DRAINED thet thar swamp!
MAGA!

With the majority of the deaths in New York and NJ the home of many news and media personnel, its draining something.

pgs
+2

Votes .

Tecumsehsbones
Quote: Originally Posted by B00Mer View Post

With the majority of the deaths in New York and NJ the home of many news and media personnel, its draining something.

I'm sure you're delighted with the deaths.

B00Mer
+3

Not particularly..

This virus really lost its luster for being a joke about 190,000 world wide deaths ago.

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/

But let's be honest, it's getting a lot of panic news coverage because it's in the backyard of and taking such a toll, where most of the news journalists live.

If the majority of deaths were let's say Georgia or Alabama do you think it would get as much coverage.. Honestly

News and Media suck.

B00Mer
+1

Also, I apologize for saying wish you caught this, I was being stupid, and insensitive.

No I don't wish covid-19 on anyone, including you.

I have had it, still suffering some effects of it, despite getting a clean bill of health.

Deep breathing still makes me cough.

Also, my sister and brother-in-law are both immune deficient and my mother is 92 years old.

If any of them passed on due to Covid-19 I'm not sure how I would react..

Although I'd be focused on the Chinese government

Tecumsehsbones

Also, I apologize for saying wish you caught this, I was being stupid, and insensitive.
No I don't wish covid-19 on anyone, including you.
I have had it, still suffering some effects of it, despite getting a clean bill of health.
Deep breathing still makes me cough.
Also, my sister and brother-in-law are both immune deficient and my mother is 92 years old.
If any of them passed on due to Covid-19 I'm not sure how I would react..
Although I'd be focused on the Chinese government

I'm really glad you made it through. I hope the last bit of your recovery is speedy and easy.

And, seeing as you're heading out, as always, keep it between the guardrails. I'd hate to lose you.

petros
+2 / -1
Quote: Originally Posted by Walter View Post

Flu vaccine is not really a vaccine, itís just a guess each year. Sometimes they guess right and sometimes they guess wrong.

Wow. I cant believe how far you've gone into the shit abyss.

Tecumsehsbones
Well, we broke a million cases today.

56,000+ deaths.

MAGA!

taxslave
+4

56,000+ deaths.
MAGA!

Still lots lower than the original predictions. If I remember rightly the US should have had a million deaths by now according to the early predictions. THe joys of computer modeling.

pgs
+2 / -1

Still lots lower than the original predictions. If I remember rightly the US should have had a million deaths by now according to the early predictions. THe joys of computer modeling.

Trumpís administration must be totally incompetent, they couldnít even reach their targets . Yikes

B00Mer
+3

56,000+ deaths.
MAGA!

Worse than 9/11 including killed in Iraq and Afghanistan..

... and China didn't have to fire a shot.

pgs
+3

Yet .

Avro52

The 2.2 million deaths was in an unmitigated scenario. Models react to inputted data.

Tecumsehsbones

Wrong, but no matter how thoroughly I explain it, you'll cling to being wrong, because it provides you emotional satisfaction.

So why bother?

Tecumsehsbones

Closing in on Vietnam levels now. And that took ten years.

I await your evidence that this was intentional on China's part.

pgs
+1

Wrong, but no matter how thoroughly I explain it, you'll cling to being wrong, because it provides you emotional satisfaction.

So why bother?

So deflection and fallacies then .

Tecumsehsbones

Call it what you will, you're wrong about that too.

B00Mer
+2

Closing in on Vietnam levels now. And that took ten years.
I await your evidence that this was intentional on China's part.

While the Virus was growing in Wuhan, China they closed travel to the rest of China, but let people of Wuhan travel the world and spread the Virus.

Trump was the only one to put a stop to this by blocking Chinese flights..

But to late, while other countries and leaders called Trump a xenophobic for stopping flights from China they continued to allow travel from China and other infected areas into their countries, and then they flew to US points such as New York City.

This virus was the Perfect Storm of Stupidity by governments around the world, and I hope the next pandemic they will close everything down around the world and everyone stay in place..

No returning infected citizens back to the USA or Canada, and shut down every fukking airline, border and contain the virus.

Turns out now, every country and leader is now a xenophobic
Last edited by B00Mer; Apr 28th, 2020 at 10:05 AM..

taxslave
+2

So why bother?

I know, it is well over your head. Now go chase an ambulance.

taxslave
+2
Quote: Originally Posted by Avro52 View Post

The 2.2 million deaths was in an unmitigated scenario. Models react to inputted data.

That was my point. The globull warming truthers did the same kind of computer modelling with the same results. None of their predictions came to pass either.
This is what happens when you start with a conclusion and then work backwards.

Tecumsehsbones
+1

I know, it is well over your head. Now go chase an ambulance.

Well, I can't blame a fella for sticking up for his sweetheart.

Tecumsehsbones
+1
It's official, folks. Covid-19 has now killed more Americans than the Vietnam War.

Avro52

Deflections is one of middle names

Avro52

That was my point. The globull warming truthers did the same kind of computer modelling with the same results. None of their predictions came to pass either.
This is what happens when you start with a conclusion and then work backwards.

If you say so.

Ron in Regina

Canada:
Cases: 8505
Deaths: 101

U.S.
Cases: 185,707
Deaths: 3789

UK
Cases: Who cares?
Deaths: Not enough.

The above is from four weeks ago. Below is today (04/28/20) after most (certainly not all) have been social distancing, etc...:

Canada:
Cases: 49,817
Recovered: 19,050 (38.2%)
Deaths: 2,852 (5.7%)
Population: 37,742,154

U.S.
Cases: 1.03M
Recovered: 118K (11.5%)
Deaths: 58,948 (5.7%)
Population: 331,002,651

UK
Cases: 161,000
Recovered: ? (?%)
Deaths: 21,687 (13.5 %)
Population: 67,886,011

China
Cases: 84,347
Recovered: 77,555 (92.0%)
Deaths: 4,643 (5.5%)
Population: 1,408,526,449

Global
Cases: 3.08M
Recovered: 916K (29.7%)
Deaths: 214K (7%)
Population: 7,800,000,000 or so....

Deaths vs Cases in the UK are an Outlier. The UK should be concerned. I don't trust the math from China, but their Deaths vs Cases are somewhat in the pocket compared to Canada & the USA & against Global numbers, but the UK....not so much. I don't know what I'm seeing there or what the punchline is. Why is it that the Deaths vs Cases in the UK are about double that of Canada or the USA or even the Global average?